PDA

View Full Version : Essendon Airport web cam

John Eacott
7th Mar 2007, 07:00
We've a new web cam showing the ramp outside our office at Essendon Airport, and able to be controlled remotely. Click here, (http://www.helicopterservice.com.au/) and in the menu at the bottom of the page, select "Camera".

It will give you 20 seconds control atm, I'm still working on refining it.

Enjoy :ok:

Capt Hollywood
7th Mar 2007, 07:43
Great idea John, very clear images and love the control function.
CH :cool:

Thud_and_Blunder
7th Mar 2007, 08:23
Great idea John, very clear images and love the control fucntion.

I have to agree! Lovely to see a real mix of types (2 Daks and a Skycrane, for starters - don't get that where I fly these days). Disappointed to see that you weren't there though - OK, so it's 7:20pm where you are, but surely you aren't doing well enough to have gone home by now?!

John Eacott
7th Mar 2007, 08:27
Thud,

At home, trying to change the camera to a night setting :rolleyes:

It will pan around to the west (the ramp is to the ENE), which is where our weather usually comes from. Except the hangar gets in the way to the south, but since it's Heritage Listed (it was Reg Ansett's first), we can't do much about it ;)

VHAUS
7th Mar 2007, 11:16
Hey John,

What a fantastic idea. Gotta love the control function. Well done.:D

Aus

MBJ
7th Mar 2007, 13:32
John, it's a really boring subject (particularly at half past midnight your time!) but a fantastic idea. Well done. Now for one on the beach at St Kilda?:ok:

John Eacott
7th Mar 2007, 19:45
Try it now: daylight, and plenty of early morning (aircraft!) movements ;)

bladepitch
7th Mar 2007, 22:33
i think i saw a time limit on it. i was just getting into it and some buffoon hi jacked controlled and decided to focus on a motor vehicle number plate.

Not happy jan! :( lol

22clipper
7th Mar 2007, 23:17
Those poor little pan/tilt/zoom servos.....at least the 3 sliders only allow us to wear 'em out one-at-a-time.

So where is the 'fire' or 'shoot' button? And how long before we have live cam downlinked from the helos themselves?

Nice job Johno, what's it cost for a setup like that? I reckon webcams are brill. Met forecats are one thing but a peek at some live video at your destination or enroute refueling points is hard to beat. I log onto the Scenic world blue mountains webcam west of here & if I can't see the cable car for cloud then I know I ain't gettin' over the ranges today.

John Eacott
7th Mar 2007, 23:43
R22Clipper: So where is the 'fire' or 'shoot' button

Above the Start Control & timer, what looks like an elongated rectagular target sight ;)

Click on that, and a panoramic view will allow point and click "snap to" of the camera, when you have control. It allows up to 50 users, so when there is a queue the 30 second limit comes in, to give fair goes all around :ok:

I'm setting up some preset camera angles for the thresholds, etc.

John Eacott
12th Mar 2007, 00:43
Bristow Australia's Super Puma BZB is being offloaded from a truck atm: arrived air freight yesterday into YMML, due for test flying Wednesday/Thursday.

Kulwin Park
12th Mar 2007, 00:50
Nice work! Great Camera idea .... dont drop it off the truck! :eek:

Beaucoup Movement
20th Mar 2007, 11:02
I must admit, not seen that anywhere else before! Nevertheless, its a brilliant idea. :)

Why can't all operators at airports around the world have a webcam like that?? Mind you, for some it could be seen as a form of "espionage"! :hmm:

BM

rotorboater
20th Mar 2007, 14:08
I love it, have you got a link of where I can get one and how much it costs?