PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Takeover

Hyena
6th Mar 2007, 21:54
So fellow crew....whats your thoughts and the Aus government approving the takeover bid? Where will this lead Qantas for the future?
I have heard talk of LHR base expanding with new routes planned????

surfside6
7th Mar 2007, 01:33
I am almost at the end of my time with QF
I am glad I am not in the middle or the beginning.
I have seen the best of it and I will probably see a little of the worst of it.
It will become a job for young single people who want to stay for 3 to 5 years and leave.
There will be little loyalty,sick leave will increase exponentially and accordingly service standards will plummet.
This what happened in the states...wages and conditions fell and so did the level of service...there is none.
The pax will be the ones who suffer..it will become a bus service.
There is also a big chance that QF will get buried by the debt.
All it takes is one hiccup...sars war etc. and its bye bye time.
Dixon,Howard and all these other swine wont be around to be held accountable.
Any new routes will be Jetstar's.
The bean counters have already determined and established the viable routes for mainline full service QF.

lowerlobe
7th Mar 2007, 02:12
PM George W Howard in an interview this morning has said that he cannot and will not guarantee jobs if the takeover goes ahead.

If the worst happens I wonder if he will help out as he did with his brothers company?

Apparently there are 2 groups of shareholders that are holding out for more money because they know they can stall the takeover or derail it completely.Which just means some talks with the consortium and a few palms being greased and off we go.

Surfside is right though and even if the T & C's are reduced even further than J* international there will always be people falling over themselves to apply.By that I mean not only cabin crew but techies as well.

I'll be completely honest and say although I don't see eye to eye with the union they have an unenviable job coming up and the only way around it is if the takeover does not go ahead.

In todays AFR there is an article which apparently says that if the takeover fails Darth and Maggie as well as a few others who have publicly supported the takeover will have to go.....But who knows....

However if the takeover goes ahead you can imagine that they will cut costs where ever they can and I imagine that will mean bases everywhere they can put one and bases like LHR will get increased flying.This also means the T & C's for crew of the bases such as LHR will fall as well.

As Surfside said at least we have seen the best....

qcc2
7th Mar 2007, 02:28
will go as already the new board is set up if the take over goes ahead. if it fails you are right LL,most of the board will go. dame marg will not be here by the end of the financial year:D

PER210
7th Mar 2007, 06:22
so... if the take over fails, the board will go.. does anyone know who the new ones will be? and if they are any better (sorry if this seems like an obvious answere to you guys.. but i dont know :confused: )