PDA

View Full Version : MaxJet STN Base

irishcc
6th Mar 2007, 20:57
Hi there...

Just wondering if anyone has applied or had the telephone interview for the new Maxjet STN base.

Lalaxx
7th Mar 2007, 09:16
hi ya i applied on sunday night for the cabin crew position and i had my telephone interview yesterday, thankfully i got through that stage now i have the assessment day on the 22nd of march, have you heard yet??

irishcc
7th Mar 2007, 09:45
Hi there,

yes, had my telephone interview last night, and also got through to the assessment day.

KirstyBA
7th Mar 2007, 10:21
Hi

do you know how many crew they are looking for?

also how many years exp do you need for direct entry senior?

thanks

clairebearx
7th Mar 2007, 15:29
hi there!!
wow im new to this just had a phone interveiw and invited for the interview day, she said 23rd march at the raddison hotel. can u beleive we would goall the way to atlanta to do the training thats amazing.

flybee
9th Mar 2007, 13:27
congratulations to you all for the first step. what did they ask at the
tel interview???? would be great for some advice. thx in advance. mucho besos.....

747flyer2006
11th Mar 2007, 13:03
Hi there,

I had a call and telephone interview but was away at the time and lost contact details. Need to change the date from 22nd to 23rd. Anybody on interview have contact details please pm me...would be a great help. cheers

ContractFlyGal
11th Mar 2007, 19:34
There is a lot of informaiton about Maxjet on www.flightattendants.org

I do not think they have direct entry senior positions, I believe it is all based on seniority. Most (if not all) US airlines would not use that process. I would venture a guess that some Americans would be willing to be based in STN and fly senior. Or, if they are like Eos, it is a bid position and you may fly it one trip and not the next.

tuismile
12th Mar 2007, 13:31
I just had my telephone interview a minute ago and I've got my assessment on the 23rd!! Anybody else on that one??? anyone coming from London way?? Really looking forward to it!! Should be a laugh!! You can go for direct entry purser..doesn't say how much experience you need but just says if you have extensive experience. :-/ maybe i should've gone for purser after all!! damn!!! so stupid!!!

Anyways if you're on the 23rd too let me know!! :-D

highlifeboy
12th Mar 2007, 15:48
Can anyone please let me know where the Assesment day is? Is it at STN?
Thanks

flyingcrisps
13th Mar 2007, 14:23
the interview takes place in the radisson hotel at stn airport. does anyone have an interview before the 23rd? x

highlifeboy
13th Mar 2007, 14:30
I have just had my phone interview, and I have been invited to an assement day on Friday 23rd March:)... Managed to get flights with RyanAir for £5.48 return from Blackpool... I have boked into the Hilton the night before as cant get down for 0830 registration...

Do you know anything about their pay structure?

Cheers

HLB

flyingcrisps
13th Mar 2007, 14:32
Did you get the crew price in the Hilton for £20? My interview is on the same date... I have my telephone interview yesterday, really happy about it! Where are you from?

highlifeboy
13th Mar 2007, 14:39
No as I have just had 2 years break away from flying after doing 9 years lol ... Got it for £70 which is okay I guess.... Im from Blackpool my flight gets into STN at 10am thursday morning so got the whole day to chill out before an early start the next day

Where you from and who you fly for at the moment?

HLB

flyingcrisps
13th Mar 2007, 14:56
Currently flying for Globespan? what are you doing at the moment? who did you work for in the past? x

highlifeboy
13th Mar 2007, 15:02
Im working as a security manager at the moment mate, Its ok pay but I want to get back into flying before I get to old lol (Im 29).... Started with Caledonian Airways and then moved to British Midland..... Where you based for Globespan? did you fly before?

HLB

Virginia
13th Mar 2007, 15:07
I'd apply but don't want to move to STN!

highlifeboy
13th Mar 2007, 15:08
Could you not commute or do you live Miles Away.... I live in Blackpool but im very lucky with Ryan airs more than reasonable daily fares... so I could commute but would have to come and stay in a hotel if i get standbys.....

HLB

tiggerific_69
13th Mar 2007, 15:54
how soon after applying did you guys have your phone interview?I applied Saturday but havent heard anything yet, but im hoping they do call me as im multilingual & they wanted crew who were bilingual :)

tuismile
13th Mar 2007, 16:10
took them just under 5 days to contact me tiggerific...hope u get an interview!!! xxx

tiggerific_69
13th Mar 2007, 16:13
oh thats cool :) im on leave at the moment so i hope they call while im still off!!!
thanks for your kind wishes, good luck with yours and keep us updated on how you get on and what its like etc xx

highlifeboy
13th Mar 2007, 16:22
It took them 2 weeks to call me......... So fingers crossed chuck....

tiggerific_69
13th Mar 2007, 16:29
ah right.well thank you,good luck for this interview ;)

FLEEBOI
14th Mar 2007, 12:40
Hi Everyone Got Interview Next Week For Direct Entry Purser... How Stable Do You Think This Company Is And Whats Their Pay Scale?

tiggerific_69
14th Mar 2007, 14:26
nobody knows what the pay scale is,unless there are some maxjet crew around who can advise us.youre told more about pay at the interview.
how much experience do you have Fleeboi to have been accepted for an interview for D.E.P?

tuismile
14th Mar 2007, 14:33
well one thing i do know is that u.s based crew get the equivalent of 13,000 basic which isn't bad...wonder when the training courses are and how many people they're looking for...

tuismile
14th Mar 2007, 14:40
Just to let you know..i emailed the company just to clarify whether or not the letters of recommendations all need to be professional ones. they say that one definately has to be from a former boss/supervisor etc...they do prefer professional references, however the other 2 can be personal ones if need be :-D...just incase u were all wondering like i was lol xxx

tiggerific_69
14th Mar 2007, 21:53
whats the letter of recommendations about?or is that explained in the phone interview?

flyingcrisps
15th Mar 2007, 13:30
How long after your phone interview did your email get sent to you?:O

highlifeboy
19th Mar 2007, 18:13
Hello Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has got a Maxjet Interview on Friday like me.... Also anyone coming down on Thursday and staying in the Hilton???

HLB

flyingcrisps
22nd Mar 2007, 15:55
Hello,anybody been to the Maxjet interview in STN today?if so,what was it like,any tips for tomorrow?

bhoy007
22nd Mar 2007, 17:29
Just to let you the basic pay for Maxjet is just £10,500 and the flight pay is also just £1.24! :ugh:

I went to the interview today, I didnt get it but after hearing how little the money was I couldnt do it anyway. :=

They also have 6hr airport standbys and they dont give any extra money 4 this its part of you basic. On top of this you have next day standbys and 90mis call outs.

The interview itself was ok, you get up and stand at the front of the room and talk about yourself and then you do group stuff.

If you just want to do longhaul and you dont care how much little you will earn and how hard you will work then this could be the airline for you. :rolleyes:

tiggerific_69
22nd Mar 2007, 17:45
to be honest,i wouldnt expect any extra money for airport standbies anyway,standbies are part of the job & can result in you being called out.if you dont like that,then flying isnt for you as all companies have standbies,both home & airport.
basic pay is about average for junior cabin crew in the UK however the flight pay is low,do they pay allowances downroute for food,or are crew expected to live on this?

bhoy007
22nd Mar 2007, 17:51
lol lol lol

who said i wasnt happy with stand bys i was just putting them in for people to know about and why i put in you dont get extra is it could always be a first interview for somone so they no this. i am with a airline and i love flying have done for ages!!! and i know about airport stand bys so get off your soap box!

tiggerific_69
22nd Mar 2007, 18:07
id like to hope people did research about the job before they go for an interview,more so if it is a first interview.unfortunately,they way you put it made it sound as if you hadnt flown before,i apologise for misinterpreting that,maybe make your posts a little clearer in future.

Princess79
23rd Mar 2007, 11:13
Hi. Had my interview with Maxjet yesterday. They were all friendly, made it through to the one2one interview which only lasted about 20mins and wasn't intimadating as some airline interviews. Maybe I was just lucky with who interviewed me.

The basic pay is £11,500- cabin crew £16,000-pursers. The only downfall is the £1.24 per hour rate which is pretty low.

tiggerific_69
23rd Mar 2007, 11:15
did they say if they would give you any extra allowances downroute because the FDP is so low?

Princess79
23rd Mar 2007, 11:46
No extra allowances for downroute which is a shame. They say the rate is very competitve in the states. But I think as it is uk based crew they are looking for,they should up it.

Muizenberg
23rd Mar 2007, 13:20
Hi guys,

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade...I flew for United for 12 years (based at LHR). Have Maxjet mentioned whether you get paid during training? With many US airlines training is unpaid, as you do not become an employee until after you have completed the training course. Also it is standard practice for US airlines to charge you for your uniform (In 1991, UAL charged $750, which took 2 1/2 years to pay back @ $50 a month).

The salary set up is how US airlines pay (almost all your money in your basic salary). Have they indicated how long and what the top pay will be? At United it took 14 years to get to the top pay scale, which was double the starter rate (but after 5 years you could see a significant increase).

Will your salary be based in Pounds, or is it just the US dollar equivalent converted every month? If your salary is converted from Dollars, you could potentially earn more/less if the exchange rate changed drastically. Saying that it's been many years since the £ broke the $2.00 barrier, and if anything the exchange rate should move in your favour.

Will you be under US or UK terms and conditions? Flying for a US carrier you will not be subject to the 900 hours EU ruling, FAA duty time limitations are far more liberal than in Europe. Up until 10 years ago US carriers could do trans-atlantic turns...now defunct Tower Air use to do JFK-BRU-JFK trips, and position JFK-TLV and work home!

It is also common place for US airlines to put you on reserve (standby) for many years, until you have achieved the seniority to come off of it. Maybe worth asking Maxjet how they manage this?

Those of you who have flown before, working under an FAA regulated carrier is much different to the CAA. The FAA is very hot on manuals...they have to be carried at all times, and flawlessly upto date...one page out of date, extra, missing is a $1000 fine levied against your personally. An FAA inspector can demand to see your manual onboard, and you have 90 seconds to produce it. The FAA are also very big on the seat belt sign, should you not verbally warn someone with an FAA inspector onboard (known or unknown) you could face a $1000 fine again, against you personally. The other thing the FAA mandates is no glass/china for the pre-departure service, so despite being a premium class airline, you will have to serve pre-departure champagne in plastic glasses.

All in all, if you willing to take a risk, it may be an invaluable experience, seeing how different the aviation industry is in the US. Good luck to you all!

NEW-CREW
23rd Mar 2007, 16:31
Do you know if they offer any staff travel etc? And do you know how many trips per month you are expected to be doing?

Princess79
23rd Mar 2007, 16:34
Thanks for all the info. Was told at the interview that you do get paid whilst on training. Uniform has to be paid for, its £38 per month for 12 months and I believe they pay you in sterling and not dollars.

Just waiting to hear back from them.

Ciao

Princess79
23rd Mar 2007, 16:47
Hi, they didn't go into too much detail about Staff Travel, but what I did hear sounded good. 6 Buddy passes, plass 1 complimentary familiarization return ticket for you and 1 guest. I think there is more, but can't remember. As crew for an American carrier you will have an FAA pass, which enables you to travel on the jumpseat for many US carriers.

Hope this helps a little.

tuismile
23rd Mar 2007, 16:50
Hi guys! had my interview today..didn't get thru to the second stage. 4 girls out of 14 of us did..

After going it's not that fantastic as you've already heard. FDP is 1.24 which as stated is competitive in the states. Duty free commission is 5% which is only sharedd between the purser and one other crew member chosen at random apparently.

Yes you get paid during training. You are eligible for staff travel the moment u start with the airline. So if u wanna blow your first pay packet on a trip to vegas u can! lol.

You get 6 buddy tickets and you also get one ticket fro urself and a "guest".

Uniform is charged at 38 quid a month for 12 months. After that it's yours!!

Apparently there's plans to expand to five routes...one in florida (assuming orlando or something like that) and another west coast city (LAX? SFO?)

Anyways hope this helps you people!! And good luck to anyone going for an itnerview :-)
XXX

tuismile
23rd Mar 2007, 16:53
Oh and training starts on May 7th :-D

Princess79
23rd Mar 2007, 17:08
Was it only 14 people for the group assesment? Had about 25 yesterday. Maybe people are getting wind of the £1.24ph.

Mia Donna
24th Mar 2007, 14:40
hi there ,

i had an interview along with princess on thursday , it all seems a bit daunting in the morning and they make it sound a bit mad and evil.

afternoon session is great though

good luck

dancevanille
24th Mar 2007, 15:07
Hello

The all UK base will only be operated by a UK base. They are looking for both Purser and Flight Attendants positions to be filled. Maxjet does not have a seniority system which is great I think. Thanks

dancevanille
24th Mar 2007, 15:17
Hello

Everyone is complaining about the per diem 1.24 per hour isnt bad. I am not sure what you guys are used to received here in Europe.... but I work for Maxjet and this is one of the highest per diem pay in the industry in the US. Plus keep in mind that you will be going to the States, things are cheap in NY or Vegas....not like London, so guys cheer up and good luck to all of you. Thanks

NEW-CREW
24th Mar 2007, 18:03
Hi;
Does anyone have a typical roster that the US crews recieve at the moment - I realise that this may differ from what the Uk crews might get.
If not approx how many flights / standbys do you get a month?
Thanks.

tiggerific_69
24th Mar 2007, 21:19
Dancevanille
Yes great that the flight pay is high in the UK and that NY and Vegas are cheap.But guess what?! Britain isnt, and unfortunately, £1.24 flightpay per hour wont pay many people's mortgages or bills, which is why people are being put off by it. Flight pay in the UK is closer to £2, ranging from £1.70 to £2.50 per hour.

dancevanille
24th Mar 2007, 21:51
Hi
Listen you have a salary per month which will be the same that you fly 2 flights or 4 flighs a month. After that you received per diem of 1,24 an hour for your time away from base. Your layover might be longer than ours. What I am trying to say is that you have a good paycheck at the end of the month. I dont know how much you guys use to be paid on per diem but remember you do one leg and you have a long layover and then you returned back to your base. Not like the low cost carrier wher you fly 6 legs a day. Its a great company to work for. You will really enjoy it. Thanks.

tiggerific_69
25th Mar 2007, 09:33
I know you get a salary.say if you do 6 return trips a month - so thats a 12th of your basic salary and then...i dont know lets say 200 hours worth of flight pay.
Going on the basic as £11,000 and 200 hours @ 1.24
=
£916 basic salary
£248 flight pay
=£1164

yep thats not bad
then take off tax - 22%

final pay,in your bank after tax = £932.Now my mortgage is roughly £500 a month. Then ive got bills to pay on top of that.Then i would need money for food, not only at home but also downroute.It would be nice to go out once in a while.I would also have to travel roughly 160 mile round trip to and from London Stansted - petrol/car insurance/tax. But unfortunately on £932 a month,that is not possible.

in my present job,i pick up roughly £1100 AFTER tax.As do many other people in this job.Which is why everyone is moaning that the flight pay is too low - it is not enough to live on here in the UK.

Tiger
26th Mar 2007, 08:37
Have to agree flight pay is very poor. £1.24 an hour and I`m guessing that is paid from report time to clear time? I left bmi ten years ago and the hour rate there was £1.07 although I believe this has been increased.
Basic isn`t too bad, but does it increase yearly?
STN area isn`t cheap (well Harlow might be, but thats erm Harlow :ouch: )
Probably find quick turnover of crews, and whilst at the beginning it will look attractive as the months roll by less so. It seems staff travel is a selling point, being an excellent feature, however unless you have the £££ or $$$ then it ain`t worth much coz you can`t afford to use it..Oh and after a while staff travel, you kinda find it more trouble than its worth...

tiggerific_69
26th Mar 2007, 11:24
wont be able to afford to go on holiday on pay like that!

Princess79
27th Mar 2007, 13:53
Hi Mia Donna, you heard anything from Maxjet yet?:ugh: Think they should have done all the interviews.

Goodluck
x

NEW-CREW
29th Mar 2007, 13:28
Hi
Has anyone heard back yet whether you got it?

tinkwings
30th Mar 2007, 09:35
no news yet.think they are leaving it a bit long, as training starts 7th may!!!

jencc23
3rd Apr 2007, 12:05
Hey guys still not heard anything has anyone?

Princess79
3rd Apr 2007, 13:01
Still no news from Maxjet. When i attended my interview I got chatting with a guy who had applied when they first started flying out of Stansted. He was offered the job but later told they had decided to take on US crew only. So who knows whats going.

Im getting a little bored of waiting now:ugh: , they need to be careful that people don't take up other offers off employment, because of this waiting round.

Goodluck everyone. :)

NEW-CREW
3rd Apr 2007, 15:04
I agree, it is a bit annoying but all we can do is wait. I emailed the other day and they said that they would give a minimum of 1months notice to everyone as they realise that most people have to give this for notice period.
I dont want to email them incase they think Im being impatient etc.

Princess79
4th Apr 2007, 15:07
Got an email today from Maxjet saying Im a finalist for Cabin Crew, but they are still finalizing the training course and will contact me by phone with a formal offer when they have a date. Will aslo make sure that everyone gets a minimum 4 weeks notice.

Think I've got the job, but the email wasn't too clear.:)

tinkwings
4th Apr 2007, 18:52
:ugh: also got the email! now the wait for the telephone call

jencc23
4th Apr 2007, 20:42
me 2:) bit confusing but i assume it means u got the job but not sure quite whats happening yet so dont wanna make a formal offer just yet?

jencc23
10th Apr 2007, 19:50
has anyone got a phonecall yet? the suspense is killing me.haha:hmm: :rolleyes: :)

tinkwings
12th Apr 2007, 10:42
still waiting !! its driving me crazy:confused:

Princess79
12th Apr 2007, 22:38
HI guys, Im still waiting for that phone call too. Not sure how long to leave it before getting in contact with them. Dont want to appear impatient.

Claudinho
13th Apr 2007, 00:00
Same here ive been waiting now 5 days

atlantica
13th Apr 2007, 02:49
Wow, had I joined earlier, I would have helped you with the interview questions. I remember them all. It was a nice interview environment.

Claudinho
13th Apr 2007, 15:56
Well im not going to wait anylonger... tss making people wait for an bloody email atleast they could say something that they got the email !!

jencc23
16th Apr 2007, 21:07
I think we will be in for a long wait, but its kewl if you want job that much just get on with wat ya doing and wait until they call ya:) no point getting stressed about it especially as its a new carrier working there will be slightly slow and disorganised im sure its all part of the fun:) . I wouldnt call them they might think you being impatient afterall if they want you they will call you when they know whats going on with the U.K base.

Princess79
17th Apr 2007, 00:00
I agree with you Jen, can't be bothered to stress about it. I've got a job, so in no rush. We just have to sit tight. Don't know how long for though.:ugh: . Lol.

jencc23
17th Apr 2007, 13:43
lol i know wonder when i reckon a month or 2? The whole job package just seems fabulous!

Princess79
20th Apr 2007, 16:19
Why is it taking so long? Got my recurrents at the end of May and was hoping I wouldn't have to do them. Looks like I better start revising. :*

jencc23
21st Apr 2007, 13:59
yeah same here got conversion course aswell would rather not have to.lol oh well another a/c ive been trained on to add to the long list.lol:) hope we hear soon!:)

Mia Donna
23rd Apr 2007, 16:31
hi guys ,

like many of you i received the email , got a bit impatient so decided to email them . they emailed me back quite quick and told me they are just putting the finishing touches to contracts..ect . and that it would be soon that they get in contact ! hopefully we will be in atlanta before we know it !

hope this helps

xxxx

jencc23
23rd Apr 2007, 17:14
:) :) thanks for that thats good to know:) atlanta.... cant wait:)

tinkwings
30th Apr 2007, 13:50
has anyone heard anything? never thought it would take this long.:ugh:

Bear132
30th Apr 2007, 18:35
Hey Guys,

I emailed them (again) on 19th April and had a quick reply saying the Higher Management team are making some changes to the original plan and thats whats causing the delay. They told me we would hear by the end of the following week, but that was last week. Getting impatient now! Has anyone been told that they didn't get it or are all people who got thru to the One2One interview in the same position (just waiting!!!)?

How much longer?????????????????:ugh:

Anyone else have their interview on Monday 26th March?

xx

tinkwings
1st May 2007, 14:48
things dont look good to me,emailed them i got one back saying the have know idea when the next class will be, and if and when they do they will let me know. this is a joke and at the moment its looking like this job is not going to happen.:{ :ugh: :{

Bear132
1st May 2007, 15:06
Thanks Tinkwings,
Can't believe it!!!
What is causing this? They seemed so organised and ready to start this up at the interview.
Do you think its a complete No Go now?

fuzzyhayley
1st May 2007, 15:42
hey everyone....
I emailed them yesterday and i got an email back saying:

Unfortunately I do not have an update for you. Upper management is still finalizing logistics on the Stansted base. I appreciate your patience, and I apologize for the continued delay.

hopefully they will sort it out soon, cos would really like 4 weeks in atlanta!!!

tinkwings
1st May 2007, 16:02
2 weeks ago we were meant to have phone calls now nothing, wish they would let us know whats going on?
bit worried that they might pull out of a uk base, wish they would let us know either way very unfair way to treat us all. :mad:

stellagiulia
1st May 2007, 16:44
I have sent my CV last week, I have not heard anything. Do they acknowledge your e-mail or do they contact only the people they may want to see? Does anybody know?
I know what you all saying about being patience, the thing is I have a job offer which I would like to take…unless I had a chance with Maxjet as this would really be the job I’d want….
I do not want to start and, if I was lucky enough to get a job with Maxjet, leave few months later…. On the other hand if they normally contact only people they want to interview and do it within a few days then I know they did not want me…….
Any help would be really appreciated:)

Bear132
1st May 2007, 18:53
Hey Everyone,

Had an email once again saying sorry for the delay in putting the contracts out for you and the other candidates. Higher managment making changes and sorting logistic probs. Said they'd be in touch as soon as they know.

Maybe we'll hear soon hey :hmm:

Fingers crossed!!!!

xx

DONTTELLTHEPAX
3rd May 2007, 16:54
Maxjet have just announced a new route, STN-LAX starts 30th Aug.

AntNYC
9th May 2007, 03:28
I am a Purser at MAXjet based in JFK. Your pay is quite on scale with ours

F/A= US $26000.00 per year
Purser = US$32000.00 per year.

Now, keep in mind for U.S. based cabin crew, our layover is the VERY expensive London, and our per diem (flight pay as you call it) is $2.58 per hour away from home. Most of us manage pretty well, just as I'm sure you will as well.

Please don't think in terms of local flying, as with MAXjet you will be away from home for 3-7 days. If you're doing 3-4 trips per month, believe me the additional flight pay will add up!

It's a pretty good life here at MAXjet, and your U.S. based peer anxiously await your joining ranks with us. We get more time off than you can imagine, time well used for other endeavors, jobs..etc. I think you'll like it here.

So, whomever in this forum has passed the interviews and will be in the upcoming class, Welcome Aboard!!

tinkwings
9th May 2007, 09:17
hi antnyc thankyou for your kind words, and its great to see someone on here who works for maxjet.
think we all just want to get started!! we have waited so long and i know i just want to get to that class.
fingers crossed we get to fly with you soon;)

Mia Donna
10th May 2007, 11:58
hi there ,

I too got the job and have been reading the comments , i was very pleased to see antnyc s comments . it is refreshing to see someone so positive about a company . I was looking for other jobs as the wait is mad !! but ican honestly say that i think it will be worth it .

we are the first uk intake so it was obvious that things were going to be a bit difficult at first , as maxjet will be setting a precedent with our contracts .

I was also pleased to see the introduction of the new lax route , as further route expansion will only mean security of our jobs and the possibility of quicker promotion .

I have worked for other top long haul airlines who were already established when i joined , i always thought it would be great to have joined all those years back . What we have is a real opportunity here to be able to mold a brand new base with an expanding and well respected company.

So i say to everyone who has the job well done !! and hang on in there it will be worth it .!!!:)

xxxxxxxx

jencc23
11th May 2007, 22:15
im hangin in there.hehe just a bit worried that it may not happen, fingers crossed:)

Bear132
12th May 2007, 10:43
Me too!!haha

I have been worried that it may not happen but hearing views from cabin crew in the US made me feel better cos they are obviously under the impression that we will be on line soon.

The wait is killing me :ugh:

Hopefully we'll be in Atlanta very soon :) :) :)

jencc23
17th May 2007, 22:07
anyone know anymore? the wait is killing me, do you think it isnt going to happen now? are maxjet doing ok financialy? anyone know anything about the STN base.

Bear132
18th May 2007, 10:34
One of my friends read a large article in the finacial times about MaxJet saying how they've made huge amounts of profit and that they are expanding dramatically.

Also talked alot about the new STN base.

Who knows hey?!

I'm debating emailing them again but really don't want to seem pushy

x

jencc23
18th May 2007, 13:33
well maybe thats more positive if they gonna release another east coast route:) and says they doing well fingers crossed just hope it aint to long im so excited, but dont wanna get my hopes up to much just incase.

tinkwings
18th May 2007, 14:13
hi all just read an interview with carolyn,she said new base will be ready in a couple of months,also the just floated on aim, they want to rise 50 million, looks like there doing what silverjet just done.
so i hope we all hear very soon as i have gone grey!!!

jencc23
18th May 2007, 23:18
sounds positive then, so they'll open the base when they got enough money to by the sounds of it.

Bear132
20th May 2007, 22:31
If they are looking to open the new base in a couple of months then surely we will hear somthing real soon as they have to give us a months notice.
I expect we may hear at the end of this month so we can start training at the beg of July and we can be online for the new LAX route in Aug.

Am i getting too excited???haha :confused:

The wait is killing me i think i've aged about 10 years!!!

jencc23
23rd May 2007, 20:57
Mod Delete - Text Speak

Bear132
29th May 2007, 13:36
Hi

Just to let you all know I emailed Christene again a few days ago and she was lovely again. Said they had a management meeting and to her knowledge, they will know dates etc by end of this week so we should hear from them

Fingers Crossed.

Princess79
29th May 2007, 21:33
Hope we do hear something soon. With the LAX starting in Aug, surely they'd like to have a training course going on in July.

Thanks for emailing Christine and keeping us updated.
:)

Mia Donna
30th May 2007, 20:28
hey guys !

glad to hear that things seem to moving on a bit !! got xl training coming up so the quicker the better !!

although if i dont get offered the purser position i am still unsure that i will be going as the commute be too expensive . but will see what happens .

has any of you guys gone for it ? wonder what is gonna happen ?

hope to see you all soon

xxxx:ok:

fuzzyhayley
31st May 2007, 19:13
hey everyone......
well that sounds a bit more promising, hopefully we will know soon :)

cant wait to get started!!!

If there is any american crew around, could i just ask you a few questions?!?!?!
ALthough i know it will prob work out a bit different for you than it will for us, but roughly, how many trips do you get a month???
ANd how long are you away for??

Also i know this sounds a bit superficial, but what hotels do you stay in when your down route???

Also i know, that we will have to share a room during training, but hopefully that wont be the case, once we are operating????

Princess79
1st Jun 2007, 12:59
hi guys, was really hoping we would've heard some news by today. The wait is killing me.:ugh:

Regarding sharing rooms, I believe its only on the training course. Think they mentioned it at the interview. Correct me if Im wrong anyone.

xx

jencc23
3rd Jun 2007, 11:29
Hopefully we'll hear something this week:ugh: i hope so im getting stressed.haha

Bear132
3rd Jun 2007, 18:48
Surely we should hear this week?:ugh:

This is driving me mad!
Has anyone else heard or read any news on STN base???

Come one bring us some good news haha :)

DONTTELLTHEPAX
3rd Jun 2007, 20:50
www.uk-airport-news.info/stansted-airport-news-030607a.htm (http://www.uk-airport-news.info/stansted-airport-news-030607a.htm)

Bear132
5th Jun 2007, 14:53
That sounds good doesn't it.
I just wish they'd contact us. I've been offered a job with BMed and i just don't know what to do. I want to wait for Maxjet but its just taking so long.:ugh:

tinkwings
5th Jun 2007, 15:27
i also sent an email which said they have an update for us this week,so i cant eat sleep or do much else without thinking of maxjet ha ha.
i just hope we hear this week or think i might try virgin again.
lets keep our fingers crossed they have good news for us all.;)

fuzzyhayley
5th Jun 2007, 18:31
hope its this week we hear, im getting really fed up in my current job,an would cheer me up no end, if they give us a date......gives me hope :O

do think they need to keep us more updated.....hopefully we will hear by the end of this week :rolleyes: (thats all i keep saying lol)

DONTTELLTHEPAX
5th Jun 2007, 19:25
MAXJET is reported to be looking to shift its base from Washington in the US to Stansted Airport. It plans to use Stansted as a hub, not just for transatlantic flights, but also for services to Asia and South Africa. Maxjet is planning to raise up to £100m by floating on London's Aim market this summer to fund the expansion.

Bear132
5th Jun 2007, 19:40
Wow that sounds promising then.

Tinkwings was that this week you emailed them?

Bear132
6th Jun 2007, 16:18
Hi Everyone,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but i emailed Maxjet once again to explain I had been offered another position with another airline but if maxjet was starting soon i would wait.

Unfortunately they replied saying the STN base will not be set up untill end of 2007 or early 2008 due their needs currently. She said its unfair to ask me to wait as it will definately be a 6 month minimum wait :(

I'm really shocked, although we have waited so long already with very little updates I really did believe we would be online within the next few months.

I'm gutted!!!!!!!!!

xxx

tinkwings
6th Jun 2007, 16:49
i'am gutted why would they not tell us all, all they have to do is email us.
who did you email bear:{

Bear132
7th Jun 2007, 10:42
I emailed Christene MacDonald. I can't believe it after all the latest posts have been so promising.
She only told me because I emailed asking again, were they going to let us know???
x

flybee
7th Jun 2007, 12:40
...guys/girls why dont u go for ba or virgin? virgin is recruiting and ba will start within the next months for lhr long haul. it takes ages for an airline to set up a new base. dont wait for that. its not worth it.....not for an airline like maxjet......all the best

p.s. been accepted by both so if you need some advice more than happy to help

jencc23
7th Jun 2007, 13:45
Thats terrible, im really dissapointed why recruit if you're not gonna open a base???? must cost them a fortune to hold recruitment days et, they done this before they offered ppl jobs then said "no not opneing a base in STN. whats the point of wasting everyones time, 6 months then 8 then a year who knows probably wont ever happen, oh well....

Princess79
8th Jun 2007, 15:24
To be honest with you guys I can't say Im surprised by their decision, just really :mad: off, that they kept us waiting for so long without keeping us up to date.

Looks like I'll be applying to Virgin then.

Ciaoxx

tinkwings
8th Jun 2007, 16:01
hi hope your all ok, has any one recived an email from them ? cause theres at least 22 of us waiting for news and just to read it on a forum seems so unfair.
i thought they might of phoned or emailed with that type of information.
i'm not very happy but seems like a lot of airlines do this all the time.
good luck to everyone.
love tinkwings

Princess79
8th Jun 2007, 16:51
Hi, recieved an Email dated 07/06/05, basically saying they were having to postpone the opening of the STN base until the latter part of 2007 or early 2008. Something to do with the Vegas/LA bases, and it not being cost effective.

Surely they would have emailed everyone. But then again they don't seem to know what they're doing.

Hope everyone is ok.

See you in 6 months. :rolleyes:

AntNYC
9th Jun 2007, 16:44
If the growth pattern goes the way MAXjet anticipates...eventually a Stansted base will be an absolute necessity. With the open sky agreement coming into play in March of 2008, airlines such as MAXjet will have the opportunity to expand their services east of England.

Once that happens it will be critical to have a London based crew to continue the services outward.:ok:

Those of us who work here, don't have a clues as to when you folks will be joining us, or if/when a west coast U.S. base will open.:ugh: This is all happening so quicky, and slowly at the same time.:bored:

I hope a speedy decision for you folks who have preselected is made, so you can get on with your lives if you'd rather not wait. Otherwise, when it does happen...see you online!
;)

jencc23
16th Jun 2007, 19:50
:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: has it been six months yet???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::ugh:hehe:eek:

fuzzyhayley
29th Oct 2007, 11:38
has anyone heard anymore about the stn base????
Its nearly 2008 and i would love to hear something about it.....i was going to email christine, but thought id leave it as sounds too pushy....anyone heard anything or been in touch with them??

banewboi
29th Oct 2007, 12:22
does anyone know whether they are still recruiting for the stn base and where i apply?

fuzzyhayley
30th Oct 2007, 14:20
as far as i know they recruited as many as they needed, but this was last year, and with the postponing of the base....im guessing they'l need more (i know a lot of people took other jobs) so i would keep an eye out, just incase

tinkwings
30th Oct 2007, 16:15
hi have just emailed them, will let you all know if i hear anything.:)

Princess79
16th Nov 2007, 16:26
Have you had a reply back from Maxjet yet? Really want to work for them as Im not enjoying were i am now. Hope we hear something soon and that its promising news. I keeping thinking they've forgotten about us. :uhoh:

tinkwings
16th Nov 2007, 19:03
hi there not heard a word, i do know they have closed there dulles base,so maybe they are doing this to open stansted. there have so many new flights going out ten times a ou week to new york, i know how you feel honey.
would be nice to hear ! and start are new year with hope that we still have new jobs to go to.:confused:

Bear132
30th Nov 2007, 21:19
Hey guys, my friend emailed maxjet the other day to ask if they are going to start recruiting soon and he had a reply saying they have no plans to open a uk base now or in the near future. They told him to check internet as if they do decide to it will be posted on there. Can you believe it? Were they just not going to tell us?

Princess79
2nd Dec 2007, 08:07
Its the 2nd time they've recruited for the STN base and yet again they've changed their minds. Not really surprised by this, but an email would've been nice. I emailed both Christine's over 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Was looking forward to a month in Atlanta.:O

O well.

tinkwings
4th Dec 2007, 12:21
had this back :ugh: :ugh::confused:
Thank you for your email inquiry.

:confused:, all I can offer at this point is that when the plans for the TN base are finalized, we will contact you.

not a no or a yes, but still hope then.

student88
4th Dec 2007, 19:08
I wouldn't be surprised if you end up waiting for another year before Maxjet take the chance of opening a base at Stansted with British crew members. You're better off applying to easyJet whilst you're waiting. Get some good experience on short haul and see if you like the job. If you enjoy it at easyJet you'll love it at Maxjet (if they do end up opening a base)

That's assuming you have no previous flying experience. I've been at easyJet here at STN for the last 18 months and have loved it. Great crew, nice reliable rosters, the new uniform is cool and the pay isnt bad either!

Anyway good luck!

S88

mamficat
10th Dec 2007, 18:37
Rumour has it that the MAX jet shares have been suspended so read into that what you will

Virginia
24th Dec 2007, 12:28
http://www.maxjet.com/
I feel very sorry for the staff, what a time to be made redundant on Christmas eve.

"Dear Friends of MAXjet:

It is with deep regret that I must inform you that MAXjet filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy on 24 December 2007. With today’s fuel prices and the resulting impact on the credit climate for airlines, we are forced to take this drastic measure. Our top priority is to assist our customers, particularly those who already have begun their travel with us, in securing alternative flight accommodations.

MAXjet has contracted with Eos Airlines for seats on Eos’ scheduled all-Premium service to accommodate passengers awaiting a return flight between New York and London. Passengers needing return travel between London, Los Angeles and Las Vegas will be contacted regarding their flight re-accommodations. Any customers who choose to make flight accommodations directly should seek a refund from their point of purchase (credit card or travel agency) for the unused leg of their journey.

We have also secured hotel rooms in London, New York, Las Vegas and Los Angeles through early January 2008 which we will provide to affected passengers whose travel plans have been disrupted.

On behalf of the entire MAXjet family, we extend our apologies to you for the inconvenience. We are extremely saddened to discontinue a service that we so passionately believe in, and we thank our loyal flyers who helped build MAXjet since our start in 2005.

Sincerely,

William D. Stockbridge
President and CEO"