PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Handling

J-Man
6th Mar 2007, 17:37
Does anybody work for or know what Manchester handling is like as a company? Sent my application form off today but their website on 'about us' is under construction, doh!

supersnake
6th Mar 2007, 21:43
seems about right:sad:

J-Man
6th Mar 2007, 22:04
hang on a second, is manchester handling now owned by flight support? or am i talking crap again? :confused:

supersnake
7th Mar 2007, 19:07
it is indeed owned by flight support:ok:

J-Man
8th Mar 2007, 10:01
Judging by the other posts on here regarding flight support, have i let myself in for something bad supersnake?

manxramptramp
8th Mar 2007, 11:01
Don't believe the negative remarks about FS, busy times are ahead and MH are a good bunch.

TechProblem
8th Mar 2007, 16:24
Manchester handling, as far as im aware, have a very good rep. They have been taken over by Flight Support, but it doesn't seemed to have changed them much if at all.

As you can see from this thread, this is who they handle ......
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=258304

The company has been in Manchester for about 3 years or so and with FS now behind them should be a good company to join. Extra cash always helps :) and other UK bases :ok:

J-Man
8th Mar 2007, 17:44
Thanks guys for all the help, just have to hope i get an interview

Grolsch30
8th Mar 2007, 20:22
Flight Support/ Manchester Handling

They are advertising in the Manchester Evening News for:

Passenger Handling Supervisors
Passenger Handling Lead Agents
Passenger Service Agents
Dispatchers
Operations SupervisorsThe question is does anyone know if they pay more than the other handling agents like Menzies or Serviceair, does anyone know? :hmm:

:ok:

mansp
8th Mar 2007, 20:45
Have Man Handling got FlyBe?

J-Man
8th Mar 2007, 22:25
Dispatchers :eek: :eek: :eek:

spanishflea
9th Mar 2007, 13:33
Yup, they just got FlyBe :ok:

swayne01
9th Mar 2007, 14:20
Anyone know where I can apply for these jobs? I didn't manage to grab a copy of the MEN and can't find anything on there website.

Anyone know of any similiar jobs going at any Northern airports (Manchester, Liverpool,East Midlands, Leeds Bradford, etc)?

Thanks.

J-Man
9th Mar 2007, 15:24
aviationjobsearch was my method of finding out, LBA are wanting pax agents for Aviance among other things if you check their website as well

manxramptramp
9th Mar 2007, 18:10
Try Flight Support's website. I'm sure they have contact numbers on there.

manspot
9th Mar 2007, 19:10
According to the advert in the MEN yesterday it states to send your CV to [email protected]
Seems they are after staff with current experience as the contract starts later this month. Good luck guys and girls.

swayne01
10th Mar 2007, 09:36
Thanks for the links.

sputnik92
10th Mar 2007, 11:29
MH pay more than aviance/swissport/servisair
And the same staff have been there for some time
so I don't know where you are getting your info from
but you are incorrect!!

sputnik92
10th Mar 2007, 11:31
MH are now recruiting for all posts
send your c.v. to [email protected]

swayne01
10th Mar 2007, 16:56
They are exactly the same as every other handling agent, they pay peanuts, have awfull terms and conditions, and therfore the same end result occurs surprise, surprise , massive staff turnover, low morale ,staff shortages and ultimatley dire customer service.

It's hard enough to get into the aviation industry when you have just left school after A-Levels (Sept 06). I personally have applied to loads of companies, and not heard back from any of them.

Seems that no-one wants to hire an enthusiastic 19 year old.

gshed
11th Mar 2007, 00:37
dont give up i am inbetween jobs at the moment and looking for work 10 years in aviation and feel i need to get back into it any offers:ok:

TechProblem
11th Mar 2007, 15:13
All depends what level your trying to get in at swayne1.
Dispatch isn't a good place to start as most company's what you to have airport experiance, ie baggage or checkin. Look for jobs there first.

On the MAN Hand front They are exactly the same as every other handling agent Is very false, no massive turnover (like SAS or PSA) Dire customer service - i dont think so as they handle alot of adoc football flights/Private, with great customer service, nevermind there normal flights.

Not sure where your have got your info from Smudge, but I think you should do a bit more research b4 posting. :rolleyes:

Grolsch30
11th Mar 2007, 23:15
gshed

I'm in the same position as you over 10 years experiance in the aviation industry and trying to get back in, it's very difficult and the money well :}

Cumulogranite
12th Mar 2007, 07:53
My Brother in Law works for this outfit, and he seems happy! Manchester is run by a very well respected and well known individual in the airline industry, a guy who started his career working for Freddie Laker amongst others and is really a nice guy!

Not the largest handling agent at MAN, but who says big is beautiful? I haven't heard any bad rumours on the ramp at MAN about them and they seem to have a good customer servie ethic as well.

There will always be those that malign a company for whatever reasons, personal or otherwise, and to be fair no company is perfect, the perfect job doesn't exist, it just becomes a "what is your tolerance" issue, that's all. They do seem to want experienced people though, as a smallish company they haven't got the time to train ab-initio ops/despatch. I understand that Servisair are the easiest to get a despatch job with, but you will have to take the 20 hour a week contract on the chin to get the experience. Then you can move to another with better T&C's in a couple of years, because the days of being able to walk into a well paid job in any industry are well and truly over, just ask any "megabucks" pilot under 30 how much of his "student" debt is still outstanding!"

mangrnd1
13th Mar 2007, 09:27
Someone i know has looking into getting a job at MH, apparently you get no sick pay no holidays and have to sort out your own tax... basicly your a contractor / self employed. That made him turn away and stay at his current HA.

J-Man
13th Mar 2007, 20:44
I got the job with MH :ok: :D

Interview was a breeze, both the people were really friendly and it was like having a conversation with someone at the pub :ok:

Excellent job, now i start training tomorrow :eek:

Man_User
13th Mar 2007, 21:07
Someone i know has looking into getting a job at MH, apparently you get no sick pay no holidays and have to sort out your own tax... basicly your a contractor / self employed. That made him turn away and stay at his current HA.

Not true, Ive been told that holidays are paid, and sick pay will change when Flight support take control. Tax is sorted by the company. So basicly all false, maybe the person in question should have asked the recruitment people questions instead of assuming :ugh: :rolleyes:

J-Man GL with the new job and well done :ok:

EMX81L
13th Mar 2007, 21:19
Well done J-Man. Prepare youself for the training, as Flybe are coming on board from the 25th March with an extra 65 flights to handle, busy busy busy :ok: Good times ahead people!

mansp
15th Mar 2007, 21:44
just started work with MH and i have 18 years experiance in this industry, they pay a better than normall wage, with sickness and overtime. They are not the biggest but i think they can and will be one off the the best, they concentrate on what contracts they do have and do a damn good job ( mabye other agents should take note). Whatever you read about them seems like crap to me!!

J-Man
15th Mar 2007, 22:18
mansp , im sure ill probably know you then if you've just started :cool:

J-Man
15th Mar 2007, 23:05
Yeah it sounds like crap, everyone is really friendly. Im really starting to settle in now, even though its only been 2 days and it sounds like good times ahead for us all!!

VP8
15th Mar 2007, 23:39
We use MH for the AN124/225 operations into MAN never had any probs at all with them........seem to be a good bunch there:ok:

Where's my fee Julian:}

VEEPS

antonovman
16th Mar 2007, 07:50
Hey veeps is Julian still there ? I wrote to him about a job but heard nothing

TechProblem
16th Mar 2007, 14:21
Hey veeps is Julian still there ? I wrote to him about a job but heard nothing

He is, alive and kicking :cool:

J-Man
16th Mar 2007, 21:14
Yeah julian is there, met him the other day..seems a really good guy! Not all bosses were as welcoming as him to the company!

fredtheanorak
16th Mar 2007, 23:22
Will you guys be handling the new FlyBe IOM LPL when it starts as well as there IOM mAN?:confused:

TechProblem
17th Mar 2007, 18:59
Well Flight Support handle FlyBe in IOM, i think thats also the case in LPL.

ERETHERE
18th Mar 2007, 09:46
Manchester Handling soon to become Flight Support is the best company I have ever heard of. They run it like a family at Manchester, can't comment on the other stations though. Everybody knows each other and they really get on. Ok, you get the odd dispute between staff members, but don't you in any family and they soon get resolved. Julian has the reputation of being a really nice bloke, and that seems to have been confirmed in this thread already. He is a man with much experience and from what I have heard he looks after his staff. If you have a choice, I would pick Manchester Handling, no matter what pay is being offered at other companies. In the long run you can grow with the company and be assured of an enjoyable job :ok:

EMX81L
22nd Mar 2007, 22:34
www.flight-support.co.uk :ok:

antonovman
23rd Mar 2007, 09:43
From a customer/airline side, Manchester Handling was one of the best handling agents i ever had to deal with. We would land in MAN, open the aircraft door, and the staff would be there waiting for us, GPU was there, Airline rep there, crewbus etc etc, all waiting . Was not the usual of landing in a UK airport and calling on the radio for bus/gpu etc and even just to get someone to the aircraft from the likes of servisair was impossible in some airports. They really are a good, very well organised handling agent.

sputnik92
23rd Mar 2007, 17:28
thanks antonovman
we at manchester handling always aim to do our best
for the customer.
see you next time you are in MAN

LFC24
23rd Mar 2007, 18:00
Are Manchester Handling the very same Ringway Handling? Heard some very negative stuff about them and how they're about to lose contracts with EK and PIA?

manspot
23rd Mar 2007, 19:55
Manchester Handling & Ringway Handling are two totally different companies. Ringway are solely and under wing handling agent and sub contract over wing responsibility to various handling agents on the airport. MHL do not have any involvement with EK or PIA with their primary contract being FLYBE which commences on Sunday.

TechProblem
24th Mar 2007, 19:28
Manchester Handling are Passenger Services + Dispatch.
Ringway are Push Back + Loading.

As stated above there are 2 different company's that work closely together.

Not sure whats going to happen when Flight Support take full control, as they do have there own baggage handling at other stations.

discodiva
24th Mar 2007, 21:41
As I understand it Flight Support are Manchester Handling as they own them..right?

laddie
25th Mar 2007, 00:11
you are indeed right flight support now own manchester handling looks like today sunday will be very busy for them:{

manspot
25th Mar 2007, 01:35
Today is going to be busy. All planned and ready to go, just need the passengers now! Good luck to all the guys in Manchester and indeed the IOM where the FLYBE contract begins.:D

laddie
26th Mar 2007, 08:51
how did the first day go hope it all went to plan:ok:

Maude Charlee
26th Mar 2007, 19:04
I sincerely hope today wasn't what was planned, but it all went wrong with good humour and smiles on faces. The attitude is there, the rest will follow.

:ok:

J-Man
26th Mar 2007, 20:06
First day was excellent! Busy, but very challenging as well.
Good job all round flybe team!

laddie
27th Mar 2007, 08:37
well done keep up the good work good luck:ok:

TechProblem
28th Mar 2007, 08:28
Seems to be getting smoother by the day, 2 weeks wasn't a long time to get FlyBe setup, the main problems has been with late cabin crew, but that also seems to be getting better.

Once they get the rest of the staff in place, it will run like every other airline they do, great :) Althought Flyglobespan always goes late due to runway doesn't open early enough in CPT, YYZ flight should go on time, but there is always a problem with engineering it seems.

With FlyJet back in May they are going to be very busy at FS/Man Handling.

lastchoiceair
9th Jun 2007, 09:57
Great company to work for!!!! Pay is far better than normal and as for the working conditions like every handling company, busy,and stresfull at times.:D

Ckin Gal
12th Jun 2007, 23:26
I speak to Man handling ops most days and have found them very helpful with the random questions we fire at them. (admittedly mostly re FLYBE because their ops never answer the phone or ctc you unless they want you to do something for them...you know its true!) They seem very busy which can be good or bad depending what you're looking for.

Keep it up Flight Support you guys are fab

village
29th Jun 2007, 22:22
Whilst working in a charter airline operations last year I was most impressed with the service we received from MH and it was not always easy for them. Keep up the good work.