PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Airways (in OZ) Wannabes & Recruitment

Pages : [1] 2

Bla_Bla
6th Mar 2007, 05:02
does anyone know anything about Tiger airways recruitment for their australian base ???

PER210
6th Mar 2007, 05:12
I would imagine Perth as thats where they are starting there flying from. Actualy, they should have there first flight to singapore soon? sometime this month i think.

harrogate
11th Mar 2007, 01:16
Their Ozzie flights actually started from Darwin some time ago.

Adelaide's the hot tip for their Oz base.

Ejector
11th Mar 2007, 04:37
Bla-Bla, Been serving the Darwin market very well and have had full Load Factors for a while now. The most likely is AD.

Will more than likely pay better than J* too if the Singapore vbased crews are anything to go by.

Tiger Sing crews get more than J* Asia Sing based crews.

Bla_Bla
11th Mar 2007, 09:53
thks for all the replies guys. will keep my eyes and ears opened for any recruitment opportunities.

ruby tuesday
13th Mar 2007, 10:34
Any more rumours on the base in OZ?

harrogate
14th Mar 2007, 04:34
Still Melb or Adelaide, but if you believe the papers in Adelaide it's a done deal for Ad, apparently.

Flew Darwin - Sing and Sing - Darwin last week... over half empty both ways.

I was stretched out nicely! Girlfriend flew Singapore - BKK last night at 6pm... about half full troo.

Strange.

ruby tuesday
14th Mar 2007, 12:25
Word was they may split the 5 a/c up and have 2 base's. So unlikely to choose MEL and ADL - maybe ADL and something on the east coast?

harrogate
14th Mar 2007, 13:49
I reckon they'll have to put a base out west in Perth or in Darwin - within the direct range of Singapore.

Bla_Bla
15th Mar 2007, 01:32
hear that Perth is being tipped as the hot prefered place for tiger airways base in OZ ! anyone in perth hear anything ???

wa.man
15th Mar 2007, 02:37
Dont think there will be any wanabee flight attendants left to employ in Peth. M.A.M has had such an enormous recruitment drive over the last year. I think they are running seminars again today..

PER210
15th Mar 2007, 05:55
flight attendants who want a permanent job will want to apply. in which MAM will be doing more hiring? or make conditions more favourable? or even drop the perth base numbers...

flitegirl
31st Mar 2007, 00:19
This information may be helpful to those who want to become flight attendants but fall outside the 163/183cm height requirement that is common with many Aust. carriers. I noticed that Tiger has a lower limit of 158cm and no upper limit stated.

This information can be found at

http://www.tigerairways.com/oz/ozwelcome.php

TIGER AIRWAYS CABIN CREW (Senior Crew/Junior Crew)

Applicants should possess the following attributes:

The right to live and work in Australia
Minimum height of 1.58m
Minimum age of 18 years
Basic high school education with good command of written and spoken English and basic maths
Good communication and sales skills
Medically fit to meet aircrew requirements
Able to swim a minimum of 50m unaided
Applicants with more than 2 years of A320’s experience will be considered for Senior Crew positions.

roos.ter
29th Jul 2008, 10:31
Hello!
I put up an old thread...

Does anybody know if Tiger Airways does recruit new flight attendants for Singapore base?
What would be the conditions and requirements?

scoobydoodoo
4th Sep 2008, 15:18
Hi All
Just wondering if anyone has been for a recruitment day with Tiger Airways recently in Melbourne?

Pprune seems to be lacking in information when it comes to Tiger Airways, one would think it doesn't exist in Oz! :p

Metro36
6th Sep 2008, 08:13
Sounds like a major case of sour grapes D-S.

Maybe it's time for you to have a nap.... did you bring your pillow today? Heard that's what one of the terminated slackers did. :=

10 hour days are only hard for the lazy but it sure beats the Centre Link queue, hey D-S or is it D-H?

eeh
6th Sep 2008, 10:03
100% agreed! WELL DONE, yap he needs a new pillow perhaps!:ok:

talked to my friend who is working with tiger as a cabin crew, around $3200 wage( including thoes commision,
this figure is after tax) per month she can have, it is not the best airline but still good enough!

dyal1
6th Sep 2008, 12:35
hi guys

i went to the thursday (04/09/08) recruitment day in melbourne and made it through till the end of the day. i have a bit of mixed feelings about the position. being a low cost airline, a lot of the perks most airlines typically pay for are not covered and also the whole issue about paying back training over 24 months is a little worrying.
The day was really well run, met some great people and tiger was very upfront about the conditions which was good. with a new aircraft arriving in december, the next training school will commence on the 24th oct so things will be moving quite fast.
they said we should know by the end of next week. :)

Breeza
7th Sep 2008, 00:53
omg, you have to PAY for your training???

what next?!?!?!?!

Will CC be paying for their flights while working too??

scoobydoodoo
7th Sep 2008, 13:23
Heya, I really am a believer in 'beggars can't be choosers', and in a sick sense, I suppose its what the airlines are playing on.... FYI D-S/D-H we paid $30 registration (cash) on the day too! (I hear Qantas is charging over $100, and Jetstar is charging also).

As wannabe FAs, I don't think we're in any position to argue with the airlines, and as dyal1 mentioned, Tiger Airways was extremely upfront in setting down the figures regarding job perks and pay, and we were kindly told we could leave after having had that explained to us without having to justify our change of thoughts BECAUSE THEY KNOW THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF WANNABES OUT THERE WHO'D KILL FOR THE POSITION!

I'm currently awaiting to hear whether I have progressed any further, and if I should happen not to make it any further, then I feel blessed for the opportunity I was given to be interviewed by them (considering the thousands of people who apply for these jobs..!)

For someone such as myself who has been to over half a dozen airline interviews in a matter of three years, I feel very lucky for each chance I've had even though most times I've progressed to the final stages of the day, only to be knocked back right before a medical.

So I count myself lucky compared to the other thousands of guys and girls especially those who didn't get an invite, and yes, even though I paid that $30 I think it was worth it coz I also made it to the end of the day and even if I hadn't, at least I'd gotten more of an insight into how Tiger conducts their recruitment days.

Sunstar320
29th Sep 2008, 03:20
Great to hear from everyone. Please post updates as they come:ok:

AirborneSoon
29th Sep 2008, 03:55
I'm sorry but if you go into an interview with the attitude you are a beggar then you will be charged for things like your training (which BTW isn't optional, nor even transferable to another job). I've paid for my own education and training in many industries and in each case its been education I could take with me elsewhere, therefore I think its fair that I pay for it. But CC training is totally useless outside of the particular airline that trains you. CASA requires crew to receive full training for each airline they work for and each aircraft type. You are paying for something that has no personal benefit to you once you leave the doors of Tiger. You are essentially paying the airline to employ you. :uhoh:

It is true that thousands apply for these jobs but it's also true that perhaps only 10% of applicants are actually suitable (ie real contenders) for the job.
Thousands of crew have gotten jobs in airlines without needing to pay the airline to take them on. Be one of those people.

Back in the days of yore it was rare to get in because you basically had to wait for someone to retire before a position became available. Those days are over, crew requirements are much higher and more frequent than ever before for all airlines. Be selective, know you have options and know that if you are right for a crew position you won't need to pay someone to agree with you. :ok:

Sunstar320
29th Sep 2008, 04:15
Do you get commisions on sales at TT?

scoobydoodoo
29th Sep 2008, 11:08
Yes, there's a monthly 2.5% commission on sales, divided amongst the crew members (so, its not like working in a restaurant where you get tips/commission depending on how much upselling you do). This is good and bad: good, because its fair and split amongst the team equally but bad, because some may not work as hard for it.

But I guess that happens when working in any team, you're always at risk of having a slacker around.

As for AirborneSoon's remarks- thats fantastic if you're able to get into an airline where you don't pay for your interview/uniform/parking/training etc and I congratulate you if you're able to do that! However for someone such as myself whose been to half a dozen airline interviews and turned down due to lord knows what reasons, I'm gonna accept whatever it is I can get.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to stick around, waiting on my back side unemployed and saying no to certain airlines until one that doesn't have these extra fees decides I am the right candidate for the job.

Because the way I see it is that I am potential CC material, otherwise I wouldn't have progressed with Tiger.

At the end of the day its up to each individual, but to be honest paying $3,000AUD for training is nothing compared to never actually being a flightie, and I would much rather go through with it than live with a 'what if?'

Life's not going to make me any younger or happier unless I work towards my goals, and age is a ticking factor for me.

scoobydoodoo
29th Sep 2008, 12:24
I haven't recieved the contract, but rather I am going by what they initially told us on the recruitment day, and that was words along the effect that we get 2.5% of what the crew you were with have made for the 28-day month... now, I doubt you fly with the same crew for a whole 28-days.

From what I gather... its 2.5% from the overall making for that aircraft for the entire day (including all legs/trips) divided by 4 staff (for A320- to my knowledge, thats all they fly anyway!) So I think each 28-day month they add up your 2.5% made daily and that is your total in that months pay (as pay is monthly)... hope that makes sense!!

Is there anyone currently working for Tiger who can clarify this??

AirborneSoon
29th Sep 2008, 13:27
Scoobydoo,

My advise was not posted to offend. If you feel its right for you then go ahead. I am merely pointing out that it's not the only option nor should people who aspire to be cabin crew begin to think this is the way the entire industry works, because it isn't. In fact to date Tiger is the only airline in Australia asking it's crew to pay for what they must provide as part of their regulatory obligations. My advise to anyone applying to be crew would be to attend an interview for every other possible airline before you agree to pay for a job as a last resort.

Nor was I suggesting that anyone sit around unemployed until such time as they get a crew job. There is other work out there and plenty of it will help you in building a resume that is attractive to the airlines.

scoobydoodoo
1st Oct 2008, 22:30
Hey AirborneSoon, I really didn't take offence to your offered advice.

And what I'd written was more so about myself (the whole sitting around scenario waiting for a CC job...)

I've been to every airline interview possible within Melbourne and rejected (though I was 18 and 19yrs at the time) therefore, I am overjoyed and accepting the job offer with Tiger, coz up until now, it seemed I wasn't CC material.

Anyway, anybody got any more exciting goss on the Tiger front? They're putting through a Melbourne ground school this October, and then hopefully 2 Adelaide ones... how exciting! Its expanding yeyyy :D

Sunstar320
2nd Oct 2008, 03:52
scoobydoodoo,
With Regards to Adelaide Tiger base, I would be very suprised if Tiger didn't attempt to poach ex Jetstar crew that were on the Jetstar Adelaide Base( that ceased 1 week ago). Tiger want 50 or so positions in Adelaide, Jetstar had 80+based there. Considering the Jetstar crew already have all the qualifications, Pilots have the same rating, Its basically a small paycut and change of uniform.

Although, some of these Jetstar crews might have moved on seing there is a 4 month unpaid wait till next chance of employment with an Airline in Adelaide. Plus Tiger seems the only company currently employing now...

Sunstar320
2nd Oct 2008, 07:33
That is interesting summa101, are you sure?? Sounds a bit odd...

Mabye it has something to do with the following:
"The cycle has thrown up some opportunities, and right now I’m probably getting 50 applications a day from US-based pilots saying, ‘Give us a job’,” Tiger’s chief executive Tony Davis told the Sydney Morning Herald.

AirborneSoon
2nd Oct 2008, 12:46
Scoobydoodoo,

Just so you know....your age probably had a lot to do with the rejections to be honest. Airlines don't often hire crew younger than their early twenties, you'd have to be really exceptional for it to happen. Don't ask me why, I guess they've just discovered over time that mid twenties and beyond tend to have more success at the job.

BTW, 24 is in NO WAY at all getting on in age for this job. Many crew these days are starting their first flying jobs in their 30's and beyond. You've got at least another 30 years in the industry ahead of you if you want it. :ok:

Wings08
2nd Jan 2009, 10:20
I am attending an Adelaide recruit day on Tuesday, anyone else going to this??

aidab
9th Jan 2009, 04:40
Hi girls!
Just a quick question -
I went to the recruitment day for Tiger in Melbourne on the 15th of October and made it to the end of the day. Later I got an email saying my file was successful and would be put into a holding pool to attend a training course in the future.
I was just wondering what that means? Is it certain I'll start training with them or not?
I don't know whether I should keep on looking around for CC jobs.
Thanks!

aidab
28th Jan 2009, 23:42
Thanks for that!

Rmondo
31st Mar 2009, 01:23
just a few questions to any tiger c/c out there.

have just renewed my application with tiger for c/c MEL base, and would appreciate any info re conditions, shifts, wage etc.

thanks guys.

ANstar
31st Mar 2009, 02:26
Hi Rmondo,

There is a thread here about tiger.... not sure if it helps you though.

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/283408-tiger-airways-melbourne.html

Skybus_319
31st Mar 2009, 09:38
Hi

Home every night in Melb (unless one partucular aircraft decides to go nuts...like yesterday..:hmm:), Pay is also higher than Jetstar CC, and just a little short of Virgin.... In most cases bar Perth (2 sectors), each shift is 4 sectors (most of the time it will be a smaller sector and a longer sector like- (MEL-ADL-MEL-MCY-MEL). Nice to Aircraft to work from, the newest A320's and youngest fleet in Australia.

Dont expect overtime pay, bonuses etc, but you will get commissions off sales made.

A good company to work for, and go for it!

Ladysensei
31st Mar 2009, 22:37
I've heard (from a friend who knows a pilot working for Tiger) that if you're stranded at a port because of a faulty aircraft, weather etc. That you have to put yourself up, out of your own pocket!

-No offence but I'd never put myself in those ugly uniforms either ;)
x

dy1ng_to_fly
1st Apr 2009, 11:40
When I send an email with my resume to the address that is mentioned on the site, it keeps bouncing!

Is anyone else having this problem?

Rmondo
1st Apr 2009, 23:03
that happened to me once last year, though it was more a problem of the pdf file being too large in size. once I reduced it to the size they wanted, it was fine.
file size may be worth looking at. good luck

Jackbr
3rd Apr 2009, 01:45
does Virgin pay more than Qantas domestic?

dyal1
3rd Apr 2009, 03:51
tiger airways announced it will now fly to sydney from the 3rd July :)

While competitors are making major job cuts and suspending services in the currency economic conditions, tiger keeps getting better.

If i had a dollar for every time a pax asked me when we would start flying to syd, id be a millionaire... so im sure this new route will be highly successful for tiger

:ok:

RoyBoy78
5th Apr 2009, 21:31
Hi
I also have had several emails bounced. I think maybe it's because I have a photo on it (as per other airline recruiting requirements).
Does Tiger prefer a pic on your resume?? Or do they accept 'zip' files?
Would love to know, hanging to fly again.

dy1ng_to_fly
14th Apr 2009, 07:32
Has anyone heard anything from Tiger about either ADL or MEL recruitment days?

With Syd-Mel flights starting, I'm hoping that they will still recruit soon!

NewFlybie
8th Aug 2009, 04:10
Seems that Tiger appears to be the CIA of this forum, either that or I am not searching very well through this site (prbably the latter):ok:

Anyone have any news on tiger, whether they be current staff, former staff, interviewee's

C'mon guys lets get something going on tiger here
- what they are like to work wth
- their recruitment process - what is it??
- pay and conditions

I am starting to think no one can talk about them.....

bella78
12th Aug 2009, 10:33
Hi guys

I am looking for some help! I have been trying to email Tiger my resume for a couple of days and it keeps bouncing back. Its not in a PDF file or have a photo attached to it as mentioned above so am kind of stuck as to what the problem is unless their email system is comletely down!

chili peppered
3rd Sep 2009, 00:42
so did you manage to get your email to tiger through? im having the same problem :ugh:

bella78
19th Sep 2009, 11:35
Still not having any luck getting the email through to them :confused:

bittercupcake
2nd Oct 2009, 02:47
I also had problems with the tiger email address, and it was because they put a dot at the end of it on their website. Unsure abou the attachments side of things.

Can anyone tell me for certain what the staff travel benefits are?
I've heard anything from nothign, to Ryan Air only to full Singapore Airlines benefits.

thanks.

Nextstep
16th Nov 2009, 06:49
Hi everyone. I am wondering what kind of interview Tiger Airways do? or how many stages they have?
Does anyone know about those questions??
Thank you.
There used to be a thread for Tiger Airways Australia on this web site but I can't find it anymore...

Nextstep
21st Nov 2009, 04:48
Hi everyone. Did anyone attended the interview held on 19th Nov at the airport Motel??

glitzy-luc
21st Nov 2009, 10:02
No, I sent my CV off but sent it on about the 18th so even if they wanted to see me i would have been too late!Would like to hear from anyone who did go though!

LadyJ1
22nd Nov 2009, 21:06
Hi

I attended interview on 19th November in Melbourne...had a great day got through all sections.:)

Got a call Friday 20th November to say I've been selected...sooo excited have been trying for ever with all airlines only to be rejected...1st interview with Tiger and I have got through..:D

glitzy-luc
22nd Nov 2009, 21:29
Congratulations!!!:ok:

LadyJ1
22nd Nov 2009, 22:07
Thanks glitzy_luc:)

Looking forward to training etc...any one else go to interviews last week? Did you get through?

Also any one here who works for Tiger that can give any info on training etc? Bit nervous...

Sunstar320
22nd Nov 2009, 22:26
I heard 15 crew quit recently. Fact or Fiction...?

glitzy-luc
22nd Nov 2009, 23:06
Keep us updated on the training ect! I would like to know what Tiger entails as Im sure Ill apply again when they advertise next!Where many people at the RD?

Nextstep
23rd Nov 2009, 09:17
Congrat!! I was also there till the end of the day.
I haven't heard from them yet...I assme I didnt pass...
Did they say that they've got a few training day?
what about other 2 people, Did they hear from Tiger?

LadyJ1
23rd Nov 2009, 10:36
Hi nextstep,

don't know what happened with my prev post??? nyway the other 2 still haven't heard nything...

not sure how many training days...guess I'll find out more 2morrow...

Nextstep
23rd Nov 2009, 11:01
Hi Jenaf.
Thanks for the reply. yeah that would be nice if you can tell me what's happning tmr.
but I just cant stop thinking that I didnt pass...anyway Congrats.
So have you aleady done Medical and ASIC??

LadyJ1
23rd Nov 2009, 18:59
Hi sunstar320 & glitzy-luc,

Not sure about staff leaving...

Had about 80 at RD, think maybe half left by end of day...of 4 people I met 2 have got job and other 2 haven't heard...

Nextstep I haven't done medical or ASIC yet...only got majority of info late yesterday...they are making allowance inregards to having ASIC done due to short time frame...

Oh well today's the day....:D

Nextstep
24th Nov 2009, 02:42
Did you go to your training today? How was it??

missubemilkshake
25th Nov 2009, 03:30
Hi everyone! I sent my resume to Tiger last week and i received an invitation for an interview on 2nd of December. I don't know what to expect as it is my first time to have an interview with Tiger. I've been to Emirates interview tho but im not sure if process is going to be same. Any advise? Anyone here going to the interview? :)

Nextstep
25th Nov 2009, 07:59
Hi Ladyj1

I finally can see your post now as I also got a phone call from Tiger HR yesterday. My training will start on 7th of Dec. I haven't got information from Tiger but what kind of information did they give you by email?
and how many people are in your class? I am so excited about working with Tiger.
Keep in touch!

missubemilkshake

I went to the interview which Ladyj1 was at.
Good Luck with your interview and just be yourself and smile on your face!!
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/statusicon/post_old.gif Today, 19:28 #69 (http://www.pprune.org/5338344-post69.html) (permalink (http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/266846-tiger-airways-oz-wannabes-recruitment-4.html#post5338344)) missubemilkshake (http://www.pprune.org/members/315152-missubemilkshake)

missubemilkshake
25th Nov 2009, 08:04
thank you so much LadyJ1! that helps a lot! at least i dont have to worry about acting like a robot like what i had to do at emirates interview! im glad that they seem to be more relaxed than emirates! sorry i have to ask you another question..what do you have to do as a group?

Nextstep
26th Nov 2009, 06:05
Does anyone start training on 7th of Dec in Mel??

missubemilkshake
2nd Dec 2009, 21:08
hi Nextstep and LadyJ1! Just to let you guys know that ive been selected and i start my training on Monday! Im so excited!

Nextstep
3rd Dec 2009, 06:24
That's really good!! I'll start on monday too!! how many people came to the interview?
I have got documents but havent heard of where to go on monday...Did you know?

missubemilkshake
3rd Dec 2009, 10:48
i think there was about 60 or 70 people but im not sure how many people got selected. what documents are you talking about? they said they were gonna send me email regarding where and when the training is going to be held but i havent heard from them yet but im hoping they will email me on friday.

Nextstep
3rd Dec 2009, 23:06
I haven't heard fo when and where the training will be...got deed and stuff...

missubemilkshake
4th Dec 2009, 00:24
Thanks LadyJ1! Hope to see you soon..

Nextstep: got the documents today but nothing about the place and time hopefully they'll send me another email.

Sunstar320
4th Dec 2009, 01:30
Well they better start hiring more, they seem to be canceling and get mass delays due to no crew, just like the events of 2008 are occurring all over with nobody to fly.

No overnights is a huge plus, but some very late finished, as in 2am. Better than red-eye flights or Virgin's crew who spend half their time away or paxing all over the nation.

Rmondo
4th Dec 2009, 05:35
Hi guys,
I have been offered a cabin crew position with Tiger (training start Jan 4th) but am hearing so many negatives re times, duties,conditions, etc.
If there is any current Tiger crew out there - what are they REALLY like to work for ??
I don't want to start flying , find out its not worth it then have to pay back the training fee.
I have a friend who is crew with VB and has said not to take it, but then that could be just him - I don't know!!

Any info would be much appreciated.

RoyBoy78
4th Dec 2009, 10:11
Congrats on the offer!
Feel free to send me a PM.

Rmondo
6th Dec 2009, 09:45
Have been hearing a bit about Tiger crew working well over/past their rostered hours.
Can anybody tell me if these additional 'overtime' hours are paid extra or do you still receive the same amount of pay regardless of how many extra hours you work.

Also, thanks crazywogboy for your email, all information appreciated.

RoyBoy78
6th Dec 2009, 10:18
you are paid very generously per hour of flying. Also known as, flight pay. So if you are rostered, say 10 hours of actual flying, excluding sign-on, pre-flight briefing, you are paid flight pay for these 10 hours, and that's it (above your full-time salary of course). Beyond that, forget it.
So if your flight hours are rostered as 90 per month, and you actually 'fly' 110, - great! Put the extra 20 down to good faith.

Could be worse, you could be unemployed or working in a boring role.

Tiger does offer the opportunity to fly. You just need not be be a princess thinking you're working for Thai or Cathay - ain't gonna happen.

All the best!

Wingletts
11th Dec 2009, 12:04
Not quite..8 out of 15 in one group..

flyperth
15th Dec 2009, 13:56
I work for Tiger.
Let's set the record straight...
- Great Company
- Fantastic Fun Crew

Average hours for the month, 125 in Adelaide, 150 in Melbourne
Cabin Crew take home (clear) $800 a week or more...
Crew In Charge (clear) $900-$950 a week or more...

Staff Travel with Tiger Australia and Tiger Singapore (not Singapore Airlines) after working 6 months

I enjoy the job, the people, I have also worked for numerous Airlines, and it's all much of a muchness...

We clean the aircraft on turnarounds
We clean the toilets on top of drop (descent)
We only get provided Coffee/Tea/Hot Choc and Water (bring your own food)

Ground School training is fun, hard, enjoyable.
You pay for your ASIC card, $70 a month carparking,

DO IT, GO FOR IT, you will not be disappointed.

Next Recruitment day is Tuesday 22nd Dec 2009 for Adelaide.

Hope this helps

Rmondo
17th Dec 2009, 09:29
Thanks for all that info flyperth.I'm sure I heard during the Assessment Day that the car parking was $70 per year..?

speed-brake
18th Dec 2009, 05:00
I heard per month too, bit cheaper than catching the Skybus.

Wingletts
22nd Dec 2009, 06:00
I can tell you all now that it is $70 a month .. I have a few friends that work there..

you will also pay for uniform alterations, shoes,cabin baggage..

also the cost of purchasing your ASIC and your drug screening test which you need to start training..

all that should be explained to you I would imagine..

flyperth
8th Jan 2010, 04:59
A bit of information on Tiger...:D

$3000 for Ground school. You are bonded with the $3000 which means, over 2 years if you stay with the Company you don't have to pay anything back, however if you were to leave in 12 months time you then OWE the company $1500.
This means YOU ARE NOT CHARGED the $3000, you will not have any money taken out of your pay, this only happens IF you leave before 2 years. Hope that helps you out.

Tiger have 3 more ground schools going through in early 2010 for Melbourne and 1 for Adelaide.

Melbourne Cabin crew are taking home per month after tax $3800.00 which is $950 after tax a week.

Tiger do pay better than Team Jetstar.:D
However Tiger Melbourne crew are working 155 hours a month at the moment which is about 38.5 hours a week. That is pretty hard on the body.

But with the ground schoolds going through the rosters will be getting better.

ALSO, over the past 6 months a lot of people have left Tiger because they thought the grass was greener....Mmmm? with half of those people begging Management if they can now return?

I work for Tiger, I have been in the industry for 10 years and I really enjoy it. Great people, new company, and many opportunities to work your way up the ladder.

Good Luck :ok:

ilana182
11th Jan 2010, 00:04
Will Tiger ever have QLD based cabin crew?

Sunstar320
12th Jan 2010, 05:54
Mabye late this year...hopefully OOL. Well where else are they going to base them?

ilana182
20th Jan 2010, 05:52
Well, I would have thought Brisbane?

jeaniepie
22nd Jan 2010, 08:07
does tiger airways have layovers? or do they only have turnaround flights?
and with the swimming test, are you in the water without any life jackets on?thanks!:ok:

bjork
22nd Jan 2010, 11:22
no layovers just day flying ..unless you have an unscheduled overnight due to a delay or going out of hours....pack a spare pair of jocks and deodorant! it had happened!

Sunstar320
24th Jan 2010, 06:18
whats up with the current female uniform? Like a Pilot's shirt expect yellow, looks horrible.? Did they order the wrong type with the right colour of something...? Then there is the normal plain yellow shirt and the cotton top which looks ok.

jeaniepie
24th Jan 2010, 14:22
ok. so if you're based in OZ then you'll only fly within OZ, then if you're baed in Singapore, then you'll just do Asian flights? right?

ellie8
25th Jan 2010, 05:53
Hi, im just wondering if any current Tiger Cabin Crew (or anyone else) know if there will be a QLD Cabin Crew base opening up this year at all?:)

sam_1979
26th Jan 2010, 05:35
I have worked for Tiger and can tell you that the grass is greener on the other side!!!!

I worked there for over a year and now work for Virgin Blue.

People that leave do not ask for there jobs back as I can tell you (despite previous comments if you are smart you will probably know it is written by one of the managers at Tiger).

Over the past few months many cabin crew have left, Crew that have been there since Tiger Australia first started up two years ago.

Why is this??? you make your own judgments!!!

Cabin crew do not clear $3800 a month you are lucky if you clear $3350 for the month.

Yes Tiger has got some great Crew, Yes it can be a great place to work, the crew make it a great place to work but don't be confused the company is horrible to work for.

The hours dont be mistaken you work on average 30 to 40 hours more per month than any other airline in Australia that's right ten hours more a week. If you haven't flown before this might not seem a lot but give it two months and you will be complaining.

Comment from previous post: Tiger do pay better than Team Jetstar

No way!!!!

If anyone is interested you can have a look at team jetstars EBA!!

Your wage at Tiger and Jetstar are about the same though you have to remember

Tiger : Crew meals not provided (Add the cost up of taking your own food with you each day)

Jetstar: Crew meals provided

Tiger: You have to pay for your ASIC (Airport Security Identification Card cost $200)

Jetstar: They pay for this

Tiger: Cost of car parking $70 per month

Jetstar: FREE

Tiger: Uniform provided though most of the time it is second hand and does not fit so you have to pay for it to get tailored. Add the costs up I had to pay for my jacket that was extra extra large and I am a small this cost $125 and this is not including the shirt and pants as they need to be tailored as well.

Jetstar: Uniform provided and tailoring paid for.

Tiger: Safety and Emergency Training manual not provided for free if you want to have a copy after training you have to get this printed your self cost at office works $30.

Tiger Airways: When you are due to renew your CPR and First Aid certificate you have to pay for this and do it in your own time.

Jetstar: First Aid and CPR renewal Paid for and you do this during work time.

Tiger: 10 hour breaks between duties

Jetstar: 12 hour break between duties

Tiger: you have to pay for your own cabin bag $100+

Jetstar: Free

Tiger: No enterprise agreement at the moment

Jetstar: has an agreement

Tiger: 160 + duty hours per month can be as much as 180

Jetstar: Average 120 duty hours per month can do up to 140.

Tiger: If you end up doing an overnight for some unexpected reason Do NOT expect to get any extra money if you are lucky if they might pay for your food.

My experience: stuck overnight from 1030pm until 330pm the next day not extra money and the only meal paid for was breakfast. Stay in 3 star motel.

Jetstar: I am not sure on the figure but I know that an overnight allowance is paid and they have to put you up in a min 4 stars.

Tiger: You enter into a bond agreement which is $3000, if you leave within a two year period you will have to pay the outstanding amount of the bond they will take this out of your last wage.

Jetstar: No bond

I am just giving you the facts you can make your own decision.

.......... and yes the list does go on and on with Tiger I wouldn't know where to stop.

the thing is Tiger know that there are thousands of people out there that want to be cabin crew and they exploit this that is why Tiger has started to hire inexperienced people as they know no better.

new people to the industry have never worked for another airline so they can't compare, this way Tiger has a better chance of retaining people.

All I can say is that I really do hope things do change as Tiger has some great people that work there and they do love what they do and the people they work with..

Most Crew just hate the company!!!

LadyJ1
10th Feb 2010, 13:37
Hey guys..

Just wondering if anyone else has failed exams and been let go?
I failed an exam back in december after commencing training and now have to wait out my 6 months to re-apply. I want to re-apply. But I just want to know what my chances may be?

sam_1979
11th Feb 2010, 07:58
No apply for another airline if you failed the exams they wont risk putting you through another course just to fail again. Sorry but it is a fact. Regards Sam

bjork
16th Feb 2010, 10:12
maybe a base opening in OOL not BNE( BNE too expensive) and tiger domestic crew NEVER fly international.. thats Tiger Singapore who fly in to Australia, and Tiger Australia only work the domestic routes

Ah you dont know what your talking about. The training is not technically paid by the crew, it is not taken out of your wage per se, only if you resign in the 2 year period that you started from. If you do then its done pro rata

speed-brake
3rd Mar 2010, 06:49
Positions are available for Casual Cabin crew now. Recruitment is over the next 2 weeks.

Prob about 10-30hrs a week.

LadyJ1
3rd Mar 2010, 09:04
Does anyone know how much longer Tiger are going to be hiring?

And speed-brake how do you know they are hiring casuals?

NewFlybie
4th Mar 2010, 03:17
Hi LadyJ1

If you go to seek and type in Flight attendant, it will bring up the Tiger Advertisements for flight attendants (Casual).. I wonder what the casual rates are? and whether the casual FA's have to pay a bond for the ground school also???

Here's the ad from seek
Cabin Crew

Tiger Airways Australia - Based in Melbourne CABIN CREW
Job ID: MELCC012010C

Tiger Airways is excited to offer opportunities for casual cabin crew to work alongside our full time team. Whether you are an experienced flight attendant or have never flown before, this opportunity may be the lifestyle choice you are looking for.
If you can meet the criteria below, we will provide the training to get you flying in no time at all. After completing a period of exciting full time ground training you could be flying alongside our full time crew members working hours that suit you.
Our requirements:
- You must be at least 1.58m tall,
- Over 18 years of age,
- Have a high school education with a good command of written and spoken English
- Basic Mathematics skills,
- Have a good standard of health and fitness
- Be able to swim unaided for 50m
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Have previous experience in hospitality or service (preferred but not essential),and
- A desire to work with people.
If you fit the bill, we would love to meet you at one of our Recruitment Centres to be held in Melbourne in the next week.
To apply, please send an email with your resume and cover letter that outlines your match to the above criteria and forward to: [email protected]

[email protected]

LadyJ1
4th Mar 2010, 06:59
Thanks for the info newFlybie:)

scoobydoodoo
4th Mar 2010, 11:28
Guys, I wouldn't recommend Tiger unless you are super desperate... I made it in, then declined a training school due to the clash with my final university exams, then they emailed me about 4months later to say I had the job, and just to come in to touch base with them etc so there I was thinking I was going in just for the contract or something and BAM they blast me with all these interview questions... they had a hand written list (wtf? no computers??!) of names, about two dozen, and they were clearly culling through the list for a crash course training school.... needless to say, I didn't make it that time... clearly, in the 4months I had gone off like a bad egg or something... and not jsut that, but my friends that have worked for them, have all jumped ship, paid the bond and run away from them!

If you have no mortgage/car on finance/husband/wife/kids/pets (in general, any liabilities) other than yourself, then perhaps go for it! If the money and hours are crap, at least its you and your arse that suffers :sad:

Rmondo
18th Mar 2010, 01:04
Hi guys,
I'm on 'active' hold for any ground schools that may come up before June after which time my 'hold' status expires and back to square one again.
However I did hear about this casual recruitment (not knowing anything re hours, conditions etc) and gave Nick at Tiger a call who said he would put my application to HR re casual, but have not heard back yet. I thought if I'm doing casual, at least I'm flying - then perhaps go full time afterwards.
Anybody out there know anything re rosters, wage, conditions for casual ?)

many thanks

NavLites
18th Mar 2010, 09:27
Yes, obviously that post was probably written by Management or PR. In a previous life I worked for AN as cabin crew.

Reading the conditions are very interesting, yes, it is not the 'good old days' and times certainly have changed, but up to 180 hours a month!!! Are they kidding??

We were rostered to a max of 140, I simply cannot imagine how you would sustain that workload, if you fly you know it is a very physically demmanding job, I have been out of flying for years now, and have had different jobs, but never get as physically drained as I did when I flew, and yes I work full time in demmanding roles. No wonder staff leave, this is not a sensible business model, but then a lot of managment are not that smart when it comes to staff turnover.

Whatever happend to comapnies wanting to be an 'employer of choice' They don't seem to care about turover. Ideal staff turnover should be less than 5% a year. Sounds like a lot more.

Management never ever seem to get the cost to the business for constant recruitment, training and the impact on staff morale.

As for me, one look at the TV show and I would never fly them, the customer service skills the staff have are the very basics, they obviosuly have no conflict management skills to deal with the constant issues that they have to face, it makes me cringe when I see the staff who are so untrained and out of their depth when they have rude pax.

Believe it or not, customer service is a real skill, not many poeple have these days and Tiger appears to be no different.

LadyJ1
21st Mar 2010, 19:54
Hi Navlites,

Just wanted to say with the staff on the TV show aren't they hired by Aerocare? They are not Tiger Staff.
Also remember when they did a show years ago on Jetstar they also received al lot of negativity..Not saying Tiger are perfect........

aviate9
23rd Mar 2010, 05:59
Yeah most (if not all) ground handling is done by Aero-Care for Tiger.
Has anybody heard of any recruitment days coming up for Tiger soon for either MEL or ADL?

NavLites
23rd Mar 2010, 10:01
Ok, so the ground staff are Aero-care, however the general public don't know that, so they asume they are dealing with Tiger staff. Perhaps if you are going to contract your work out, and pay probably next to nothing, you shouldn't put them in you uniform, not the smartest move.

Also, a lot of my post was about the conditions, up to 180 hours has nothing to do with Aero-care, think management think! This is why there is a high staff turnover. It never ceases me to amaze me how little actual business management there is in an airline, time after time crucial mistakes are made when it comes to resource management. Simply amazing! :cool:

You do not have to be very clever to realise that working 180 hours a month is not sustainable.

bluefish_au
23rd Mar 2010, 10:25
Um Navlites, Aerocare actually wear their own uniform. It does look very coincidentally like the TT uniform, but since TT wont pay for a uniform they wear the generic Aerocare one that has navy blue bottoms and a similarly coloured lemon shirt... The TT one has black bottoms

LadyJ1
23rd Mar 2010, 20:10
Hey Navlites,

Wasn't having a go just didn't know if you knew that aero-care were the staff and as bluefish_au has said they (Areo-Care) do have their own uniform...

Maybe the TV show should mention they are not Tiger Employees.

Rmondo
24th Mar 2010, 09:32
ground school before June I hope re Mel.

Rmondo
26th Mar 2010, 06:52
99.9% sure the info pack will be via email.
this cuts down on the cost of printing/post.

Rmondo
30th Mar 2010, 04:10
anybody out there have any news on ground schools starting - full time or casual...??

nasher_10
2nd Apr 2010, 03:54
Hi people,
For those wanting to work for Tiger Airways ill give you the run down, It is a "low cost Airline" not your first class company, working for a budget airline yes we still take pride in our appearences (well try too) as the uniforms we all know arnt that great but this is a starting airline and is continuing to grow!! I do admitt the hours are long but we all cope and pull through right now we are in the middle of negotiating our EBA which means basically we negotiate with management what we want and how we want to be treated as employees!
Training is exhausting but thats like any training for any airline.
Yes we work hard and our turnarounds in every port are 30 minutes this includes us cleaning,disembarking and then re-boarding.
The pay is good also.

I would also like to add what you see on that AIRWAYS show is just a few days were in any airline there are delays, unruly passengers ext..
Once again they are contracted staff NOT TIGER and yes i agree some of the ground staff do not have great customer service skills but i certainly do not agree with Tiger cabin crew most of the crew are x Ansett and qantas, and v?? Some are x police so alot of the staff have way more experience than anyone, and have great customer service skills.
Remeber most of the ground staff are young and of course their building their skills and i think its great having to deal with some of the standard of passengers we get.... but what do you expect their cheap airfares.
It makes me so angry when people assume that tiger is crap due to the show and it is not our flights are practically full every day and the crew we have are fabulous and entertaining. Our pilots are great and have some of the best landings which ive been told many times some passengers have flown for 15 years and never had such an entertaining flight with a superb landing.

If you have any questions and want to ask a actual flight attendent that works for the airline please msg me!!!

nasher_10
2nd Apr 2010, 04:00
Hey Its great to see such an enthusiastic person who wants to fly and i have been with Tiger a long time... Stress less I know waiting is very hard your always on edge but dont stress!!!
Tigers going through alot of processing at the moment and im sure will contact you soon!
Its just a waiting game.

nasher_10
3rd Apr 2010, 12:39
Reply _ to all4tiger

Thats ok, i get really angry when people who have no clue about the industry itself speak on behalf of crew when infact they are not crew.
Its a shame that there is alot of negativity towards tiger but people have to start realising its a small budget airline and has only been up and running for just over 2 years now.
Of course things are going to be not so great in the beggining, but it will get better and i have high hopes for the company.

The main thing i like is that all the crew are like a family and we all know each other and welcome new people theres no bitchyness like you would think of course not everyone clicks but i believe no one at Tiger has a nasty bone in their body and treat every crew member with respect. And its a shame that airways show doesnt show this:rolleyes:

Rmondo
15th Apr 2010, 02:36
Hi everyone,
just a couple of questions:

1. I have been hearing that Tiger will soon be flying out of Avalon, any truth in that?

2. Same old question. Anybody know when the next ground school is starting? - casual or full time..

thanks..

nasher_10
6th May 2010, 03:59
Hi there,
Avalon is a definate as Avalon is having a 10 million dollor make over for this as well as making the place a bit nicer!! CANNOT WAIT.

Not to sure about training schools i know casuals are in training now they might be hiring again for casuals no full time work as we are in negotiation stages of our EBA (new contract).

Hope this helps!!
:)

Rmondo
12th May 2010, 11:12
thanks nasher

LadyJ1
3rd Jun 2010, 04:34
Hi All,

Now that Tiger have announced flights from Avalon does any one know if they are hiring staff? On their website they have listed CC from Melbourne and Adelaide Casual Staff but not sure if that is an old post...

Thanks,

J:)

Sunstar320
4th Jun 2010, 07:50
ADL Casuals have just been launched this week so interviews are prob over the next few weeks, apparently outsourced.

Bit early for AVV, I wonder if they will just have one big Melbourne base for both.

LadyJ1
4th Jun 2010, 13:38
Does anyone know how to apply?? I did it through their website but it came back with a message that their in box is full??:ugh:

Rmondo
5th Jun 2010, 09:08
I'm guessing they will start advertising before the end of July for Avalon CC.
To my knowledge like Melbourne and Adelaide crew, Avalon recruitment will be based and contracted only for Avalon - which will be great if you live near Geelong (like me):ok:

Rmondo
9th Jun 2010, 06:43
I'm hearing from almost every newspaper about Tiger's start up date from AVV.

Also,
News re international facilities under construction at AVV.
Tiger hoping/planning to go international from AVV by Christmas.
Heaps more destinations planned from AVV.

So, has anybody heard when all hell may break loose re interviews, recruitment, groundschools..etc, etc..??

Lewis AAC
10th Jun 2010, 00:17
The recruitment day for ADL casuals is on Friday 11th June

Double Asymmetric
10th Jun 2010, 03:54
It would be nice if you could actually send your CV thru, I have tried three times now and it keeps bouncing back. Very frustrating!

LadyJ1
7th Jul 2010, 00:18
Hi Double Asymmetric, I have had trouble loading resume etc the past few weeks but now it appears to have gone through. Sent it on week end and it hasn't bounced back.:D

Rmondo
11th Jul 2010, 02:33
just saw a notice on the Tiger site for casuals to be based at both MEL and AVV.
does that mean there will only be casuals working out of AVV or is there yet to be a full time crew recruitment...(for Avalon)..??

LadyJ1
11th Jul 2010, 03:20
Hi All,

There is an advert on seek yesterday...Tiger are hiring casuals for Avalon and Tullamarine..:)

LadyJ1
12th Jul 2010, 02:55
Hey guys!

I have just received an email today to invite me to a interview next week for Tiger!
Anyone else coming along? :)

dy1ng_to_fly
12th Jul 2010, 09:33
I'd had trouble in the past sending through my resume, but it did finally work yesterday! Wasn't expecting to get a reply so fast, but got an invitation today for the interview on July 20 for a start date of July 26. Sadly I need to give my work more notice, so I'm waiting for them to tell me if I should still go!

LadyJ1
12th Jul 2010, 10:35
That is upsetting. I am glad I am a casual in a way, because I have never had that issue. Hope it works out for you.

LadyJ1
14th Jul 2010, 10:54
I am so happy right now. I just received an email saying that I do not need to attend the recruitment day next Tuesday and that I already have the job. I am over the moon right now. Cannot wait to start on the 26th. :)

Rmondo
15th Jul 2010, 03:48
hi LadyJ1.
LUCKY YOU !!! Well done.

I have interview Tue 27th for Avalon.
How did you manage to skip the interviews..?
I was approved and offered a full time crew job with Tiger earlier in the year but missed out on getting into a ground school.
Was hoping I wouldn't have to 'jump through all the hoops' again - but, fingers crossed..again ! Good luck. :ok:

MissFrey
15th Jul 2010, 05:20
I have sent in my resume for applying for the Avalon Casual Cabin Crew, how long do they usually take to respond??
xx

LadyJ1
15th Jul 2010, 05:28
Hey Ms Frey

Did you apply through SEEK? I did on Saturday 10/07/2010 and had an invite to Assesment Day on the Monday the 12th :)

MissFrey
15th Jul 2010, 05:36
no, i sent mine to [email protected] ..
my friend is a pilot at tiger and sent me an email telling me to contact that address for a job..
i sent the email on tuesday..

LadyJ1
15th Jul 2010, 05:44
Hey Rmondo.

I had started full time back in November last year, but failed an exam by 1 mark!! :{ Anyway they had to let me go but they told me to keep in touch etc, so I did and then they told me that my suitablility was great and that I did not need to go through it all again. I am so happy that it worked out that way for me, because these have been the longest 7 months of my life.

I hope you get through. I am sure you will. Tiger are awesome. Couldnt be happier to be apart of them again!! :)

Hey Miss Frey.

I had applied through seek aswell as their normal email address. I spoke to one of my friends yesterday who works for Tiger and she told me that she had seen my resume and that they were still going through other resumes.
So hopefully yours was one of them. ;)

Aaron81
16th Jul 2010, 06:37
Hi there

I am going to an assessment day on Tuesday 27th of July for Tiger Airways Casual Avalon Base, could anyone who is working or currently pass the recruitment stages of Tiger Airways tell me what is it like and what is involved and what tips to get through assessments

Congratulations on your offer was it hard getting through the rounds also how much does a casual get paid for tiger, and for a full time FA

Thanks
Aaron

LadyJ1
16th Jul 2010, 12:24
Hey Aaron81.

Well done on getting an interview.
If the day is the same as it was for me back in November, you'll love it. There were 80 of us there that day but that was for full time so there may be less for you this time around. All I can say is be yourself. Tiger are fantastic that way, they are sooooo laid back and they really make you feel comfortable. After going for many other airlines, I am glad that I eventually got the job with Tiger, they are not snobs and they are so welcoming, and hoping you have a great bunch of people like I did, you will make many friends. You are usually seated with 8 other people, you do the introductions to one and another, do some group activities and a quiz which is basic and you should alright with it. One hint I can give you that I learnt from my day was that Tiger dislike people that come across as rude or dominating. There were these 2 girls on my table that seemed to be the whole 'package' but their attitudes sucked so they were asked to leave. The greatest thing about Tiger is that it is that little bit more casual and that everyone gets along with everyone.

I hope this kind of helps. :p
Goodluck.

Aaron81
16th Jul 2010, 14:34
Hi Guys and Girls,
Just wanting to know if it is easier to get into Tiger Airways as a casual than other FA it puts my mind at ease that Tiger does not tolerate rudeness or dominating and that people are lovely. I know most people would go for tullamarine base as I got given Avalon base does this mean less competition or could you still change your preference to Tulla

Lady

Im not rude or dominating at all, in fact I have to learn not to be too nervous, like you over the many years I tried many other airlines. I grew up in Australia but come from an ethnic diverse background. I hope Tiger does not base only on looks and physique. There is one airline that does that practically(virgin blue) you have to be a model to even get an interview. So hard to get to the interview with Tiger you dont know how many times I have sent an email, but I gather there looking desperately for casuals particularly AVV that was not my first preference but I got given it.

I really do want to experience flying but I have to be myself and not too nervous, Well I am certainly not dominating or rude, hopefully there will be less than 80 people. So how has your experience been so far as an airline crew?

Just saw your previous post is $800 a week still quite accurate for a Full time FA Melbourne base

Kind Regards (AARON 81)

LadyJ1
18th Jul 2010, 12:29
Aaron you are defiently right about Virgin. They were the first interview I had back when I was 18. All the girls that got through that day were blonde, blue eyes. Doesnt worry me though, I love Tiger.
I am still just in training due to failing in December so I wont be flying until August.

hb78
19th Jul 2010, 01:44
Those days at Virgin Blue are long gone. I work at VB and when I joined I was 32 and a size 14........hardly model material.

VB doesn't require a photo when you apply so it is pot luck as to what people at the recruitment days look like. At all airlines there is a grooming policy and most people applying know this and dress accordingly, including both of you I assume.

Maybe you should have some confidence in your own abilities when you interview that they will see what a fabulous employee you would make, rather than questioning your looks........ which will not help you one bit during ground school and once you are on line.

Good luck to both of you with Tiger.

LadyJ1
19th Jul 2010, 07:35
Hb78.

Hey there. I am glad to hear that Virgin have changed, I went for my interview over 5 years ago. I had an interview with them earlier in the year but wasnt successful but nothing against them, but Id prefer Tiger. I am more confident these days now that I am older and I am glad that I got the job rather than back then, because I dont think I wouldve been able to do it at that age.
Ill be happier once training is over and done with. Its going to be stressful. *laughs*

GreenEnvy
19th Jul 2010, 08:37
Hi everyone

I actually have an interview with tiger tomorrow at tullamarine airport for casual cabin crew. I just happen to come accross this page.
Is anyone else coming along???
Also can someone confirm the training..is it really $3000 for tiger if you are successful??

Thanx

LadyJ1
19th Jul 2010, 08:44
Hey Greenenvy.

The Training pay is about $2,700. Then once you commence it goes up or down based on how many hours we will be getting as casuals. I was meant to be coming along for an interview tomorrow but after a special circumstance, I have already been given the job and will be commencing next week. I hope you do well, and hope to meet you next week :) Goodluck.

GreenEnvy
19th Jul 2010, 08:57
[Text speak]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of the forum.

Rmondo
19th Jul 2010, 09:43
hi all,
I have interview with Tiger on 27th re Avalon casual and have been told would be employed by Altara and (I guess) contracted out to Tiger.

My questions are - and I know I will find out at interview- do casuals get paid during training period, and do they also have to pay for uniforms..?

thanks for any info.

LadyJ1
19th Jul 2010, 09:44
Greenenvy.. When I was successful last year, I found out the following day. Anyway I am not 100% sure about the pay for casuals.. all I know is that the training is roughly $2,700 and then it could go up depending on comissions made etc, but again not too sure.. hopefully you will find out more about that tomorrow. Also as I said to Aaron, just enjoy yourself and be yourself.. also try not to dominate others, even though they like to see leadership, dont overpower.. work as a team. Tiger are great and you'll love tomorrow because they are not intimidating like other airlines. Well thats my thoughts anyway. Hope this helps in a way. Goodluck!

Hey Rmondo.

Altara also work with Jetstar, the training is the exact same and yes training is paid. It is montly salary which kind of sucks for those of us that do not know how to budget (me) laughs! I do not know much about Altara but I hear that they are great with the interviews. Also you are given the uniform, which is the shirt, pants, scarf and trenchcoat, as far as I know the uniform has to be alterted at your own expense. I am hoping that we get the other tops instead of the shirt. haha they look nice.

GreenEnvy
19th Jul 2010, 10:13
Thanx LadyJ1

Rmondo...I have an interview tomorrow in Tullamarine...I will come on here tomorrow nite and let you know what I find out from the interview :)
Hopefully I get in!!

Aaron81
19th Jul 2010, 13:53
Thanks for that could someone tell me if successful ground training school is 3000 dollars and what is the reason behind this?

Thanks in advanced, good luck with the Tullamarine casuals let me know how any of you went

Good luck for Tulla Tiger interview

Hey guys please let me know how you went and Lady you have been so informative and encouraging, as I said all of these interviews or any interviews should be judged on merit not looks or background

Aaron 81

LadyJ1
20th Jul 2010, 04:37
Hey guys.

Hope that the day is going well for you.
I cannot wait to hear all about it. Also did they say how many they were taking in this time around?

ETOPS-180
20th Jul 2010, 06:05
Are you joking...do you have to pay for carparking at YMML or YMAV, what else do you have to pay for.....crew meals dont tell me you dont get meals on board...

LadyJ1
20th Jul 2010, 06:20
Parking is $70 a month, which comes out of your pay each month.. but if you work it out, its not too bad.. airport parking can be a killer. I am not too sure about crew meals? I assume if you are doing a flight like Perth, you'd defiently get a meal since it is a 5hr flight each way.. but dont take my word for it..

Darwinism
20th Jul 2010, 07:05
No crew meals regardless of sector length.

GreenEnvy
20th Jul 2010, 07:21
Here is some information I got from the interview with Tiger at tullamarine:

- training is 4 weeks full time, you do not get paid!! However, if successful you get $1000.
- pay is $21.40 per hr. including w/kends & nights. (Meal allowance $10, i think only on flights, not sure)
- you have to pay for your own ASIC around $200
- parking $70 monthly
- casual employee gets approx. 9-10 days off per month. however, this can change.
- you will hardly stay anywhere over night. It is very unlikely.
- there is no staff travel discount!!! it is like this at the moment and they said it may change in the future.

This is the information i was told at the interview. I do not know why other people are saying $3000 for training??? Unless they are telling people different things!!

hope this helps anyone.

LadyJ1
20th Jul 2010, 07:28
Hey Greenenvy.

Training wages for fulltime was $3000.
I am shattered to hear that we dont get the same wage in training since we will be doing the same amount of hard work for those 4 weeks.

GreenEnvy
20th Jul 2010, 07:32
oh really...

thats not fair...its the same work like you said.

LadyJ1
20th Jul 2010, 07:44
Its dissapointing only because we wont be getting the allowances and we still have to pay for the ASIC card etc.. but you know what, hopefully we will be fulltime before long and I am sure we can get through this month because we all want this job and it will be worth it in the end.

hey Greenenvy.. I forgot to ask.. when do you find out if you were successful with your interview? Also did they say how many they were hiring? I want to meet people that I will be working with :)

GreenEnvy
20th Jul 2010, 08:44
hey

they did not say how many they are hiring

I think we all find out tomorrow, but i am studying full time as well so not sure at this stage if i am even able to continue. They are aware of this so they might not even consider me.
I might have to wait till i finish my studies.

Aaron81
20th Jul 2010, 09:48
Hi Guys and Girls

Im attending the casual cabin crew avalon base next tuesday, anyone invited to go, also as a casual once you start flying can you choose your hours or you get what you have been given

Hi Greenenvy thanks for your info, how did you think you went in the interview? what group exercises did you do? also I imagine if you stayed till the end chances are you will get in as a tulla casual, wish me luck next Tuesday

Aaron81

KK1000
20th Jul 2010, 10:53
GreenEnvy is just $21.40 per hour or is that a base and then you get flight pay on top of that? (ie $8-10 an hour for time in the air??) or is it just $21.40 per hour and thats it

Rmondo
20th Jul 2010, 12:20
Hey Aaron81, I will be at AVV interviews on 27th so hope to meet up with you there.
It would be nice to move across to full time at a later stage but I think you will find that because we will be employed by Altara which is a totally different company to Tiger, we would have to apply to Tiger right from the start again when they have a full time recruitment day.
Having said that though I know of crew who were employed as casuals by MAM and were able to 'go across' to QF when they had a full time intake, so there may be hope there.
As Lady said, lets get our 'foot in the door' first.

Good luck to all those who had interviews today - let us know how you went.

KEEP THAT INFO FLOWING..!! :ok:

Aaron81
20th Jul 2010, 13:01
Hello and thanks for your info. I already am working part time flexible as a receptionist at a public hospital so using the day to show my true self no pressure or no disappointment, would be handy to get in, Rmondo I will be at the Venue from 7:30 am in the morning around the lobby, I live in Essendon and my flatmate works at tulla and starts at 8am so I will be there 1 hour early have no choice as my flatmate is driving me there how nice of him. I thought Rmondo you were already in as a casual or full time or booked into a training school. I wonder how many people will turn up to AVV recruitment day as Lady said 80 turned up for full time so it might be less I think a lot more people pref tulla, so would I but got given Avalon even as I said tulla as a preference

Aaron

LadyJ1
21st Jul 2010, 00:28
Hey Aaron81..

When it comes to hours, I'd say that it would be like any casual job.. you are get what you are given. And that you are on call. It kind of sucks, because I am soooo over being a casual but then again this time I will be a 'Tiger' casual rather than the girl that works at coles. Sorry I am over working at coles now. *laughs*

Rmondo
21st Jul 2010, 01:58
Hi Aaron,
because I hate to be late for anything it looks like you and I may be the first two there on Tue.
Yes - I was offered full time work with Tiger earlier this year but that would have been out of Tulla and because I live down the coast past Geelong you can see how perfect AVV would be for me. I was told that when full time recruitment comes up for AVV I would be called in for a 20 min chat and skip the rest - but the other day was told they (Tiger) were not sure when the next full time recruitment would be, so thought I had better take this while its there.
I also started ground school (full time) with Team Jetstar about 2 years back, but again being out of MEL it didn't work out.
Would agree with Lady that yes - full time would be much better.

oh well...lets give it a go..!!

Aaron81
21st Jul 2010, 06:35
Hi Rmondo

Well Im sure your already in, quite experience with cabin crew interviews. Im the opposite to you, im closer to Altona so Tulla is pref however Avalon is ok sort of but got given that pref (i guess not to many people express interest with AVV), Rmondo can you remember what the group interview was like with Tiger before you got offered full time and also the people who observe do they actually make you relax it can be quite distracting when you know interviewers are taking notes on your table and right next to you lol something I have to deal with, anyway looks like your in already and know what to expect see you on Tuesday AROUND 7:30ISH

Aaron81

LadyJ1
21st Jul 2010, 09:06
Soooo does anyone know if they got through yet?

brendy_au
21st Jul 2010, 09:25
Did they say where your training would be held??

LadyJ1
21st Jul 2010, 09:34
I am assuming that it would be at Essendon airport...??

brendy_au
21st Jul 2010, 10:12
I wonder if they will use the Qantas training centre? I guess so

LadyJ1
21st Jul 2010, 11:11
Yea the Qantas centre is used for the practical side of the training but the theory should be done in a classroom.. but I am not sure where Altara do their training..? I guess we will find out soon enough :)

selsab
22nd Jul 2010, 04:21
Hi guys,

I will also be attending AVV interviews on the 27th, so I'll see you there!
Although I won't know who you are :)

GreenEnvy
22nd Jul 2010, 11:20
[Text speak]

GreenEnvy
22nd Jul 2010, 11:30
[Text speak]

LadyJ1
22nd Jul 2010, 21:00
Hi Green Envy,

Have you heard anything yet from Assesment Day...Did you get through? Has any one else who attended heard back yet?

Wanted to wish all those going next week for Avalon all the best:)

Saab Dastard
23rd Jul 2010, 07:38
A reminder of the complete forum requirements - posts in this forum MUST:

* Be in English
* Not use text message abbreviations.
* Make sufficient use of punctuation & grammar to be readable.
* Not be used instead of private messages.
* Not be used to tell somebody else about a private message.
* Have a point (i.e. be relevant to the thread and not chatter)

Private messages and the chatroom are alternatives to posting in this forum if you cannot meet the requirements above.

SD

GreenEnvy
23rd Jul 2010, 07:52
I could not go through tiger since I could not committ to start immediately and I have not heard back from them.

I also received another email from Altara telling me that I have been invited for an assessment day. However, it is with Jetstar. I misread it, thought it was with tiger.

The assessment day is sometime in August.

Rmondo
23rd Jul 2010, 10:41
Was the Altara invitation re jetstar for MEL/AVV duel base or just MEL?
I was wondering if jetstar may look at starting a Avalon only base as well, following in the footsteps of Tiger...?

GreenEnvy
23rd Jul 2010, 11:02
Hi Rmondo

Not sure. All it says is MEL, SYD or QLD as preferred base.
Then you get an email saying that I you are invited to attend an assessment day in your chosen location which could be within weeks or months depending on their recruitment requirements.

I called them up and they said it will be sometime in August.

You will have to call and ask about Avalon.

OSCAR 2
23rd Jul 2010, 11:48
has anyone heard anything about ground school yet for tiger?

LadyJ1
23rd Jul 2010, 13:15
Yes I have.. Ground school for Tullamarine training should be commencing on the 16th August.. apparently.. was meant to be next week but it has been delayed. I was shattered, I really wanted to start next week.

Aaron81
23rd Jul 2010, 13:53
[Text speak]

OSCAR 2
24th Jul 2010, 06:55
[Text speak]

LadyJ1
27th Jul 2010, 01:21
Hey guys.. Just wondering how many people know if they were successful with the Tullamarine base yet? I just want to meet everyone that I will be training with.:ok:

brendy_au
28th Jul 2010, 09:03
Jetstar already have a crew for Avalon.. But still if you go for it - You may get the odd Avalon shift.

Same with Tiger.. What ever your main base will be.. They can still get you to work at both airports and you will generally have to sign a piece of paper about agreeing to dual base.

Has anyone heard about their Tiger interviews? how did they go?

Rmondo
29th Jul 2010, 03:33
hi brendy,
yep, from Tue 27th Avalon interviews I think 24 of us were left after about 15 were culled.
We were told at the end of the day that we were successful and offered employment right then and there - all a bit quick really. Evan fitted for our uniform before we left !!

Sunstar320
29th Jul 2010, 10:55
Rmondo, is the uniform still the yellow shirt that resembles a pilot shirt or have they updated it again for the tenth time?

Rmondo
29th Jul 2010, 11:26
Sunstar320,
the uni-shirts we tried on for size were all white but I'm guessing that these were only 'demo' shirts used only to get sizes. there were two female interviewers who were also working cabin crew and they were wearing the 'normal' yellow cotton shirt with rolled up sleeves, so I don't think the colours/uniform has changed.

LadyJ1
30th Jul 2010, 02:28
I am sorry and really hope I dont sound stupid.. but who are these shirts for? And what group are you guys in?

Rmondo
1st Aug 2010, 01:46
Ladyj1
the shirts we tried on for uniform fitting was last Tue at the end of the assessment day for Avalon.
so the yellow cotton shirts will be for the Avalon crew when AVV opens in Nov. although the first month we were told will be out of Tulla to get a month of experience under our belt before going onto AVV.

hope that answers your question.

LadyJ1
4th Aug 2010, 00:33
Hi Rmondo,

Thanks for this. So I'm guessing you are with Tiger? Have you heard when you are starting Ground School?

LadyJ:)

twentyeight
4th Aug 2010, 05:24
I know someone mentioned before that you don't get paid during training/ground school (as casuals).

Can someone confirm this? Did they say anything about it at the interview?

LadyJ1
4th Aug 2010, 05:52
I was told Tiger Casuals get paid $1000 at completion of training.:)

OSCAR 2
4th Aug 2010, 06:05
just received an email from tiger, ground school will start possibly in september due to aircraft relocation.

twentyeight
4th Aug 2010, 08:18
Thanks for your reply LadyJ1 :)

I got invited to the interview for the Avalon intake, but turned it down because I prefer the Tullamarine base. I'm still considering Tiger though, if they do another intake in the future.

Good luck everyone!

Rmondo
4th Aug 2010, 11:34
also received email today saying my ground school will be starting Aug 23rd. and will run for about one month.
Will then be expected to work out of Tulla for 1.5 months until AVV starts up in Nov.
Correct - not paid for training but will receive $1000. after successful completion of training as a 'bonus'. better than nothing I guess.

OSCAR 2
5th Aug 2010, 04:49
Did anyone else who made it through the Tullamarine base cabin crew received an email regarding about the ground school being changed to possibly September??

LadyJ1
5th Aug 2010, 09:14
Hi Oscar 2, I got the same email...so dissapointed want to start now.

LadyJ:sad:

LadyJ1
5th Aug 2010, 12:28
Yes got the email also. Not happy at all. Because I had found out earlier, I had quit my jobs over a week ago (I have 3) laughs! But now I am only working 2 shifts a week and its frustrating because I also gave up my studies because I knew training was important because of what happened to me last time. And I do not like the sound of possibly starting in September... I need to know now because money doesnt grow on trees :{ I really hope it is September otherwise I am just going to have to try somewhere else.. as much as I love Tiger, I also like to live and that involves money.

Rmondo
5th Aug 2010, 12:44
tough call LadyJ,

I know these things can drag on - and as you say, we need to live and eat in the mean time.
It would be a shame to leave at this late stage though - hang in there as long as you can !! :ok:

LadyJ1
5th Aug 2010, 13:04
I know, I guess I kind of gave up last year when I failed and now that I am back in, I just want to start.. I am over doing my other jobs.. plus I really want to meet you all *laughs* I am just glad I have parents that will help me out for the next month. I guess I now I have time to play around with hair and makeup... yes I am bored. :p

OSCAR 2
5th Aug 2010, 13:12
Hi ladyJ1,
Yes im disappointed to coz i resigned from my job and i was expecting to train around the 16th August. But i remember they were saying that they were going to confirm the start date. I guess that they have to clear all the obstacles and then training will start. Lucky we haven't lost anything yet we just have to play the waiting game!!!

LadyJ1
5th Aug 2010, 13:16
I guess we shouldnt be sad because technically we still have our jobs.. but I dont know about you guys but Ive been sooooooooooooo bored at home. I just need to find something to fill out my days... something fun. I have a manual.. we should start studying. :ok:

OSCAR 2
5th Aug 2010, 13:39
[Text speak]

LadyJ1
5th Aug 2010, 13:47
Yes I should this time around. You will honestly have no life what so ever when you train unless you want to fail.:bored: I worked my butt off last time but I also had other issues going on at the same time. There is a lot to know but if you keep on top of it and ask questions to your trainers, even if you think they maybe stupid ones, just ask anyway. Also study with someone else. I am glad I had one of the girls to study with otherwise I wouldve failed ealier than I did. All I can tell you is, know your drills, and safety equipment. They are the main things. I could send you a copy if you like... I am just not sure if it has been updated since my training group but I doubt it.. might help you to get started and to have an idea of what you are getting into.

OSCAR 2
5th Aug 2010, 13:58
[Text speak]

Rmondo
6th Aug 2010, 03:13
Hi LadyJ
Anything you could send without going too much out of your way would be great.
As you say - stay on top and you should be fine - better still if one can get a head start with any reading material.
Thanks again.

LadyJ1
17th Aug 2010, 14:11
Hey Guys.. I heard a little rumour today for the Tullamarine casual crew members.. it looks like we could be starting on the 15th of Sep.. one of my Tiger friends told me today.. But do not take my word for it.. But I am hoping that we do :)

angel14
1st Sep 2010, 03:12
Does any one know when Tiger are starting Ground School?

Onboard PA
18th Sep 2010, 09:31
Cabin Crew Managers from Tiger could you shed some light on the ad posted on Seek?

Cabin Crew Manager

Tiger Airways Australia is expanding and we are proud to announce we are looking for experienced Cabin Crew Managers for our third base at Avalon Airport!

This is an exciting opportunity for the right person who enjoys a dynamic team environment within a growing airline.

In this role you will:

- Provide leadership and management to all in-flight cabin crew and passenger safety
- Act as a role model
- Escalate issues that occur on the aircraft to Team Leaders
- Have an ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Quickly adapt to changing situations
- Have a high level of discretion

The experience we are seeking is:

- Minimum 3 years in a cabin crew role or current Cabin Crew Management
- Knowledge of emergency and safety procedures
- Sound computer skills (MS Office)
- Geneva knowledge preferred but not essential

LadyJ1
20th Sep 2010, 11:34
Hello All..

I finally found out that I am starting training for Tullarmarine on the 4th of October.. It has been the longest 9 months ever.. well for me anyway.. I cannot wait to start. I was hoping to meet some of you on here before training since I wasnt at the recruitment day.

bjork
19th Oct 2010, 14:14
hey LadyJ1, just curious when you did training last year. I went through training last year and worked for Tiger for about 7 months before i got a job with another airline, but i am hating it & may try going back to Tiger

LadyJ1
19th Oct 2010, 21:01
Hey there.

I was into my 2nd week of training in December before I failed so I had to wait the 6 months to re-apply. I was successful in July and I am now into my 3rd week of training. Unfortunately its only casual work but apparently at Melbourne base we will be working fulltime time anyway.. they did tell me that based on our performance that we will be getting a contract. I do not know if they are doing any more Melbourne recruitment because they are training up for Avalon since they are opening soon. Just keep an eye on Tiger's website and you may be lucky.. or maybe you should contact Doug and have a word to him. He was great to me and I didnt have to go through the whole process again, he just gave me my job back instantly :)

Tiger are great, I am so glad to be back.. and this time around, I am not failing and I have made some great friends again.

Which airline did you go to? And why did you leave Tiger, we are awesome :p

Hope89
22nd Nov 2010, 21:15
Hey guys,

I recently applied for Tiger Cabin Crew at Melbourne Airport, however I JUST missed out this time round because ground school had already started a few days prior. I did however, receive an email saying that they have placed me into the recruitment pool for next year and that I will be contacted as soon as they know when the next recruitment day will be held.
I'm just wondering by any chance at all - does anyone know roughly when Tiger will be recruiting again for cabin crew 2011? I really hope it's not in 12 months time :bored:

LadyJ1
23rd Nov 2010, 03:17
Hello Hope89

I am fairly sure that they will be starting up another training group this year. They are always hiring and needing the staff. If anything comes up.. Ill be sure to let you know. :)

Hope89
23rd Nov 2010, 09:35
Thanks heaps LadyJ1 - I've got my fingers crossed :)

LadyJ1
24th Nov 2010, 04:54
Hello Hope89

We just received an email this morning. They are hiring Casuals again for Tullamarine and Avalon. Group interviews will be on the 2nd of December and if successful, you'll start training on the 13th of December. If your interested, send me your private email address and then I'll get your resume and Ill pass it on to the HR for you. :ok:

Door Armed
27th Nov 2010, 11:31
Hello to everyone...

Tiger Airways invited me to join the group interviews on the 2nd of Dec. Can anyone tell me where's the exact location/venue of the said interview please? Is it near to the airport or in the airport itself?....

Any additional thoughts/pointers that could be helped during the interview is greatly appreciated.

See you guys on the interview.

Cheers,
Door Armed

LadyJ1
28th Nov 2010, 09:48
Hello there. Firstly congrats on getting an invite to the assessment day.
The biggest tip I can give you, is to be yourself. Tiger are a great bunch of people, we are all fairly laid back and we just enjoy ourselves. Do not become bossy or over the top on the day.. acknowledge everyone at your table.. remember smiles are free :)

dy1ng_to_fly
30th Nov 2010, 00:26
Excited to be going to an interview in Melb this Thursday!!
Is also very nice to hear good things about the airline & staff on here

Bravo Papa
30th Nov 2010, 08:06
I have worked for Tiger for many years and can say that it has definitely been a great airline to work for, the people make it and if it hadn't been I would have gone elsewhere sooner! I'm not Cabin Crew by the way but thought I'd throw my 2 cents in..

drivatruk
30th Nov 2010, 14:34
i'm going tomorrow and see how things pan out.
i am not so keen on having to pay $30 for an interview though.
i'll be the old guy there if you want someone to talk when you get there
my names steve

good luck to evryone attending the tiger recruitment day at Ciloms.:O

dy1ng_to_fly
30th Nov 2010, 22:57
Tiger is interviewing tomorrow (Thur 2nd) for Melbourne bases. The condition if attending the interview (which I was only invited to last week) was that we'd be able to be park of a Dec 13 ground school (VERY SOON!).

Just wondering whether anyone on here is a part of that GS as yet, or are they filling the GS simply from this week's interviews?

Thanks x

KaaN10
2nd Dec 2010, 05:39
Hi all, I'm new to this forum.

My name is Kaan I'm 17 years old from Melbourne and I just had some questions regarding flight attendant jobs.

I'm just wondering if someone like me has any chance at all of being successful for the job. I haven't completed VCE and I don't have any certificates, I only have 6 months customer service experience at a supermarket.

I would like to apply in 6 months when I'm 18 for airlines such as Tiger, Virgin and Jetstar but I'm really unsure what to expect. From what I read here it sounds really hard to get in.

Thanks, hopefully I can get some advice.

dy1ng_to_fly
2nd Dec 2010, 09:54
Hi Kaan,

It is a difficult industry to get into. Many people on here will attest to having been to 3/4/5 interviews before landing a position.

It's a job which has a huge focus on safety - the number one reason you'll be on the plane. Because of this, you may find that they don't think you have the maturity at 18.
The interview questions will be based upon when you've worked well in a team. When you've had to deal with a difficult/unhappy customer, what you did & what the outcome was. When you followed a procedure.
You will be up against a lot of people who have had a lot more customer service experience than you, so you'd need to be able to convey that you do have the experience to deal with the situations which can be thrust upon you on board an aircraft.

THAT SAID, it is never too early to try!! An airline interview is like no other interview and you'll gain from attending one, even if you are knocked back! It's all experience!! Showing the dedication and desire for the job will go down well with recruiters in the long run!

Keep an eye out for interviews & get your RSA and first aid when you can :-).

(saw that you've posted on the JetStar forum also - they're currently recruiting through Altara)

I've been in your position, so feel free to PM me if you have any Q's!

Should probably add that Tiger is a good place to start applying. They're not AS difficult an airline to get into. I was at their interviews today (and was offered a job -yay) and many of the people there who got through were under 20.

KaaN10
2nd Dec 2010, 12:43
Wow thanks for the insightful post. Will defo start with Tiger Airlines as it's smaller airline compared to Jetstar and stuff.

wheels_down
2nd Dec 2010, 21:22
If you haven't successfully completed year 12 don't bother applying, its a compulsory requirement.

angel14
2nd Dec 2010, 22:43
Hi Kaan,

You should finish VCE and get more experience with Customer Service....

You also need a license...:)

LadyJ1
3rd Dec 2010, 10:27
Hello there.

Finish your VCE... because I am a perfect example of why you need some sort of back up if you are unsuccessful the first time around... it also depends on the person. I was only successful after 5 years of trying. Also its great that you have customer service experience, but it would be better if you had that little bit more experience. But in saying that, Tiger are fantastic, there are many younger girls and guys that have been put through because they have shown the skills and life experience that is required for this type of job. Personally I am glad that I didnt make it through until now, only because I was not as mature as some 18 year olds when I was 18 myself. :bored:
Some tips I will give you... before even applying.. make sure you have your RSA, first aid, and CPR.. always make sure that before going into an interview/assessment day, that you have all documentation that is required.. it will show them that you are determined and that you really want to be there.
Also make sure you look the part. Wear the business clothes, do you makeup nicely, and make sure your hair is perfect, and only wear one set of earrings.. it may sound stupid but its the little things that count.
I really hope this helps you a little bit, I wish someone had of told me this many years ago.. :)
And finally goodluck with what ever it is that you choose to do. If you do become a flight attendant some day, I know you will love it.. its a fantastic job.. doesnt even feel like work and it is defiently worth waking up for.. and also, if you do start at Tiger, you'll love it, we are a great bunch and everyone gets along really well. :ok:

KaaN10
3rd Dec 2010, 11:53
Hi LadyJ1

Thanks for the insightful post very helpful!

My plan is to work at McDonalds at an airport full time for 5 months, after that I'll be 18 years old and 12 months out of high school so I'll be able to do my VCE in 1 year and skip the first year.

During the year I plan on getting my RSA, First Aid and all the stuff needed, they don't take too long right?

What do you think of this plan if you don't mind replying? I know full time maccas for 5 months is going to be a drainer but I will have that on my resume and customer service is always good and I can do a Cert 3 in Retail on the job as they have a program like that if that's any use.

And it took you 5 years to get a flight attendant job?? That sentence scares me, lol.

Oh, and I'm a guy by the way no makeup or earrings lol.

PS: angel14 what is this license you speak of?

angel14
3rd Dec 2010, 21:53
Hi KaaN10

You need a drivers licence...good luck with every thing..:)

dy1ng_to_fly
3rd Dec 2010, 23:37
It took me four years as well!! Went to 5 interviews with 4 different airlines before I made it.
Even with all of the relevant paperwork and experience, it can be difficult on the day.
I ended up asking for a minute at thecend of my interview simply to tell the recruiter why I wanted the job, and how hard I'd tried in the past to get it.
You do need to be able to handle the knockbacks if you really want it!

Sunstar320
4th Dec 2010, 08:38
You could pull a shifty and tell them you have a drivers license, but opt to catch the Skybus or whatever you do.

KaaN10, try and get a job with Aerocare at Melbourne (or Avalon). They pretty much employ anyone who is well presented and determined. Its a good start to understand how the Tiger model works in Australia, plus they are quite unique in how they operate, a team of five will checkin, load/unload and pushback an aircraft in 25-30mins, Qantas might have 30 guys doing the same thing. A few aerocare employees have moved onto Cabin crew in Tiger, so its possible. I would apply for Avalon first, even if you are not intending to get a job there, but its a good way to understand the recruitment process/interview questions. Then you can just cruise along into the Tullamarine interview ahead of the rest.

LadyJ1
4th Dec 2010, 10:49
Hello again.

Maccus is always a great start, it will get you a job any where. I worked there for 4 years myself. I wouldnt worry about doing the certificate in Retail unless you are going to use it later on in life.. just having customer service is great in its self.

RSA takes a day.. First aid is done over 2 days I think.. and then a refresher is done every 3 years. CPR needs to be done every year.

samm27
5th Dec 2010, 01:30
you dont need a licence and you dont have to have finished year 12. i worked at tiger for over two years and plenty of crew hadnt finished high school and just as many didnt drive a car or even had their L's

KaaN10
5th Dec 2010, 01:36
Tiger Airlines site - Have a high school education with a good command of written and spoken English.

You may be right, doesn't exactly say you need to finish it but I might look for a cabin crew job while doing my year 12 at tafe mid year

vbsydcc
5th Dec 2010, 03:04
I wouldn't give up hope - with a break when I gave up for a while it prob would have took around 4 years of different airline interviews before I was accepted at Virgin (over two years now) and the wait is well worth it. To give you an insight on how particular they can be, my interview day was attended by approx 50 people, after the group interview there was about 20 of us. Then we had a role play and they cut it to 10 and accepted 4 of us.

angel14
5th Dec 2010, 19:08
Hi KaaN10

I'm sure you would have looked at Tiger website but this is what they have on it...as Saam27 said you may not need a licence but that was a few years ago and I'm not sure if Altara abide by these requirements...:)

Our requirements:

You must be at least 1.58m tall.
Over 18 years of age.
Have a high school education with a good command of written and spoken English.
Basic mathematics skills.
Have a good standard of health and fitness.
Be able to swim unaided for 50m.
Have the right to work in Australia.
Hold a passport with at least 6months validity.
Hold a valid driver's license.
Have previous experience in hospitality or service (preferred but not essential).
A desire to work with people.

kartor
9th Dec 2010, 22:35
For those that are current TA cabin crew, whats the likelyhood of the new casual cabin crew being made fulltime or given 30-40 hour shifts a week?

halogirl
13th Dec 2010, 00:07
Hi All

I am new to this and have been invited to an interview this Thursday at Tulla.
Just wondering if anyone can give me any tips for the day? Unsure what to expect.

Cheers. :O

ccemily
13th Dec 2010, 01:50
Tullamarine base casuals are getting an average of 140 duty hours a month which is about 100 flying. Which is quite often more hours than full timers are doing.

ANZzeal123
14th Dec 2010, 23:46
It is not mandatory to have year 12/vce, I only have year 10 certificate and work as an on board manager for QF,so in response to Kaann thread as long you get some more customer experience and rsa/first aid certificate then start to go for interviews and no matter if it takes you 10 attempts im sure eventually you will get what you want.

Karizma
27th Jan 2011, 09:25
was anyone here that was successful at the casual cabin crew interview last thursday the 20th, been contacted yet about a possible start date for training??

thanks

Ivan_Krazy
29th Jan 2011, 03:48
I emailed Tiger Airways for a cabin crew position with Cover Letter and Resume and received no reply since 15th of January. Have they probably threw that email away? Maybe worth emailing them again?

Karizma
29th Jan 2011, 04:48
No I dont think so, if you applied on the 15th that would have been too close to the last interview date so they are probably just holding onto it til the next interview session! They said the next ground school would be in March giving them enough time to recruit again!

wondering if anyone can confirm?

Alicia20
14th Feb 2011, 11:07
Hi
Interview was held Jan 2011, been accepted with Tiger and so looking forward to the training. Can you please give me some advice am scared. Spoke to a friend that works for VB and she advised me to learn the drills and safety equipment location, also the raft. Can i get this information from Tiger I would like to learn this before i start the training.

I got through and all i have received from tiger was a congratulation email. They did say training will commence march 2011.

bjork
7th Mar 2011, 11:39
[Text speak]

cptn caveman
8th Mar 2011, 21:53
Anyone know when they might be recruiting again? I would be interested in being a cabin manager as have been flying for 7 years with manger experience.

flyuponthesky16
11th Mar 2011, 00:47
Hi Just want to ask if by any chance Tiger airways does hire Filipinos? And if so, how and where? :) Thanks a bunch

cptn caveman
24th Mar 2011, 01:04
Ive been invited to a recruitment day in a few weeks. Anyone here work for Tiger as a casual?

jcp2
14th May 2011, 06:11
hey anyone applied for the tulla & avalon tiger casual cabin crew position?

Crystal rose
17th May 2011, 08:07
The Recruitment for the Melbourne base for Tiger Airway's is on the 19th of May you have to apply on line to Altara they are Casual positions I hope that helps.:ok:

I believe the next Ground school for Tiger will be in June as I have mentioned already Altara are handling the Casual Cabin Crew best to send the CV's into Altara or just apply to Altara before 19th May to try to get into the interviews comeing up.:ok:

PhePheBox
19th May 2011, 11:53
Hey guys,

I attended a recruitment day today - 19th may and was successful, they are having two groups going though one for a 30th may session and a 4th of june session

Good luck and shall see you online x

Ivan_Krazy
19th May 2011, 13:10
Congrats on getting through. I did a jetstar one last week and was unsuccessful. They weeded from 48 to 20 applicants and I was one of them for the final interview. I was the only one of the two males in the final round so I was real nervous haha.
I had so many bad expereinces with Tiger airways. 3 hour delay last week and the other day was 2 hours delay and a few weeks back it was cancelled :/

I guess I should apply for tiger airways as it's a good start in the aviation industry! Once again well done :)