PDA

View Full Version : Dick Smith in line for air job as chill thaws-The Age.

Bob Murphie
6th Mar 2007, 00:04
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/smith-in-line-for-air-job-as-chill-thaws/2007/03/05/1172943358234.html

Curious that the Melbourne establishment hasn't made comment on this piece of news from this morning.

Creampuff
6th Mar 2007, 00:24
Of course he is: there's an election looming.

You're not silly enough to fall for this again, are you Dick?

In case you don't know or can't remember what you fell for last time, I'm afraid the awful truth is that they're only offering you this 'informal' position to keep you quiet until after the election.

Remember who said: "Who takes Dick Smith seriously on aviation issues any more? Only Dick Smith!"

Scurvy.D.Dog
6th Mar 2007, 00:28
.... Vaile is either very astute :suspect: .... or :ugh:
.... Ground Hog day :hmm:
.... comon Dick, out with it .. what is the agenda :E :ooh: :uhoh: :{

Capn Bloggs
6th Mar 2007, 01:01
Spare me please.

Torres
6th Mar 2007, 01:19
"Anyone other than Dick Smith who joins CASA, becomes “infallible." DICK SMITH, August 1998.

"That's the way the system works. They think: "We are powerful and we are totally unaccountable." DICK SMITH, August 1998.

Dick, you'd have to be a masochist to even think about accepting.........

CaptainMidnight
6th Mar 2007, 05:58
In case you don't know or can't remember what you fell for last time, I'm afraid the awful truth is that they're only offering you this 'informal' position to keep you quiet until after the election.
An aviation safety advisory group with potentially no-one with any formal safety qualifications or experience? Yep, sounds like a hush offer :)

alidad
6th Mar 2007, 09:57
Dick,
As I have said to you before. It is not because of your magnetic personality that politicians invite you to BBQ's. It is AN ELECTION YEAR AND THE ONLY REASON THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE TIME OF DAY IS BECAUSE THEY WANT YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!

BEWARE OF POLLIES OFFERING FALSE FRIENDSHIP>

Uncle Festa
6th Mar 2007, 10:13
Dick

If you want the gig just make sure that you haven't been seen in the company of the two boys from the Wild West - the fat man in the Panama hat or his offsider, Jullian.

:E :E :E :} :} :} :eek: :eek: ;) ;) ;)

Ex FSO GRIFFO
6th Mar 2007, 11:37
I had this awful dream Doctor....I dreamt that the Australian Airspace was about to be 're-modelled' - agin!!!!
I had this dream that ASA had suggested to the 'Pollies' - (Election in the air??)- that ASA could make a very large 'return' for its 'major' stakeholder - the 'Pollies' - by simply 'Restructuring' and 'Consolidating Back' to its 'Core Business'....at NO cost to the 'Major Stakeholder'.....the Pollies.....and returning those large profits EVERY year!!
(And, Have I mentioned bonuses yet???)
All we really need is a person of SOME Aviation knowledge - and perhaps someone who can 'spin the spin'...someone who can say 'This is what they do in the good ole USA or whatever....someone who can 'take the rap' when the Industry says "WOT?"....
Someone who can say..."Your Safety Will Be Enhanced, AND It Will Cost YOU Less"........
At this stage I was sweating and rolling over.....as I realised that the 'Core Business' is.......
The Provision of Separation / Administration Services in Class "A" Upper Airspace ONLY!
Yep! That's it! Get rid of those 'pesky' local Towers...let's PRIVATISE them...and 'decommission' that 'pesky' Lower Level Controlled stuff...- its just too dam'n expensive and too dam'n complicated anyhow.....(spits tobacco)...
then we can CONCENTRATE ON that LUVLY Upper Level Stuff - you know - the stuff transitted by them 'H E A V I E S' ... Well, mostly anyhow...spit....dunno know just wot we'll do about them pesky 737's and below....YET!!
And then, being the 'Big Almighty' in THIS part of the world...we'll extend our offer to take over the adjoining countries' Upper Level Airspace En Route Stuff
at a very nice CONTRACT RATE to us. Anything within the TAAAAAAATS (Too many aaa's?) CPDLC / ADSB (Future) Footprint will do.....
And this will save THEM the cost of having to provide the infrastructure for same..........
Might even have to 'extend' the 'Footprint'....
At the rate of xx$AUD per Km per Tonne...WE should do orright!:}
"From De North to De South, And From De East to De West,
You'll find dat ASA is Simply De Best........"
Oh, and you will probably be able to do sumphin about YOUR air nav charges.:}
No Services = No Charges = CHEAPER Flying for ALL!!!:D :E
Then, I awoke with a start....and quickly headed off to the cold shower....
BBRRRRR....its just too wicked to contemplate.......:}
Cheers:ok:
And, we won't have to recruit too many more of 'em either....:(

Ovation
6th Mar 2007, 12:04
If we must have an "Advisory Group" it should consist of real pilots - not media hungry has-beens.

Sounds like we are about to get "dicked" all over again.

Macrohard
6th Mar 2007, 12:17
Can't believe McGowan hasn't got a mention yet!

Had his patsy turfed last time things weren't going his way ......

Q****** F****** to anyone that remembers.

Capt Wally
6th Mar 2007, 18:33
....................in the first few lines of the AGE tabloid report the word "backroom" is mentioned!!!............that says it all really !.................here we go again...........aviation & pollies, like oil & water, they don't mix !

Capt Wally:-(

putytat
8th Mar 2007, 07:22
Not silly enough to fall for this job offer I hear someone say?

This is the ideal job offer. Consider the previous attempts. Australia adopted the world’s best aviation system – "no one in Australia called it that, somebody else did!"

We then adopted the world’s best method of assessing risk from somewhere else - "no one in Australia called it that, somebody else did!"

Then when it all turned to we all know what, no one in Australia could be held accountable - we some were. Advice however, as strong it is, is just advice. The people who accept this advice and sign the relevant documents to assess and implement these changes are fully accountable.

The next round will be interesting with the regulator and the change proponent one in the same. Confliction of interest? They will just need good advice.

Enjoy the stable times while they last - 01Jul07 is fast approaching.

smokey2
8th Mar 2007, 08:05
Didn't realise it must April First come early.

Chapi
11th Mar 2007, 00:28
I wonder if they'll offer him an AWA ??