PDA

View Full Version : EK monthly flying hours for first officer

revrav
5th Mar 2007, 20:01
Hi everybody,
I got an interview call this morning for first officer position with EK.I would appreciate if anybody would enlighten me on the number of flying hours a first officer does in a month at EK.Your input is highly appreciated

thanks
revrav

Thylakoid
5th Mar 2007, 20:21
It depends on the fleet you would be flying in.
You should expect something like 70 to 100 hours a month.

G. Luck

Khaosai
6th Mar 2007, 09:54
Hi revrav,

I did 1600 hrs as an F/O on the 777 in 34 months, prior to my command.

Rgds.

Scudsy
7th Mar 2007, 07:34
Once you get a command expect the hours to increase. I'm doing 90 plus every month (no augmenting). I have heard an ugly rumour that factoring is on the wish list again.

fatbus
7th Mar 2007, 11:46
Its great if you want to build your hours 15000 and climbing fast,but,growing older faster than building hours

kingoftheslipstream
7th Mar 2007, 12:04
revrav
I am MFF on A330 + A340. I have been over 100 hours in 28 days 6 times in the last 12 months. This is allowed, as long as you fall below 100 prior to your next trip.
I am pushing 900 hrs/12 mnths every month. I get nice spacing between my longer trips, because I am always bumping up against the max.
You will fly your ass off here. (Don't know where you're a-comin' from).
Using my elec. log book program, I broke my flying into pie graphs, by type:
A332 50/50 day/night
A343 34/66 day/night
A345 25/75 day/night
All the night stuff on the 345 is off body clock by more than two hours with max differential 9 hours at the moment.
Hope this helps. If you're not divorced now, you might think about it before you come over here and it'll save you the trouble! You'll be too tired!
k-o-t-s

MMSOBGYTAST
7th Mar 2007, 12:35
rev rav,

F/O on the 330.

75 for Jan,

69 for Feb

85 for Mar

cheers

revrav
7th Mar 2007, 13:40
Hi everybody
thank you so much on the prompt reply everybody gave.It appears you all are a wonderful bunch of people there ,looking forward to flying with you guys.
cheers

elcapitancacho
10th Mar 2007, 02:49
i would like to know if they give you an interview date at the first phone call that you recieved, i got a phone call last wenesday Feb 28th, they only confirm some information like TT, type rating, my actual job, etc, and they only said me that i continue in the selection process.:confused:

thank you some information about it .

revrav
11th Mar 2007, 00:26
Hi
I got an email from the recruitment dept asking me for my availability and I sent them the dates I am available.I then recieved an e-mail 2 days later that they have accomodated me on the requested dates.I never recieved any phone calls from them.
cheers

elcapitancacho
11th Mar 2007, 03:47
good luck in your interview and i ll appreciate information about it.:ok:

dedeita
12th Mar 2007, 04:06
send an e-mail to EK asking about your application, most of the time they dont call applicants unless they need to clarify something about your application or they suspect english is not the applicants first language. they called me few weeks ago and they said someone was going to contact me to arrange days for interview. still waiting. by the way the topic was monthly hours. saludos amigo