PDA

View Full Version : Airlines in India--How much Money in the bank

NGFellow
5th Mar 2007, 19:12
Does anyone know the financial stats on JetAirways or Spicejet? How much money do they have in the bank? Is there any chance that they might fold in the next year or two considering all the loses as of late?

divinesoul
6th Mar 2007, 06:26
Hi NG
I doubt if anybody knows whats the financial stats of the 2 airlines.i think both spice and jet are doing well compared to other players like Go air who have returned some planes and closed some of their routes.Also there has been change in personnel at the top management level at Go air.
Well the bottom line is all of them are bleeding money.now the question is how many of the operators are going to fold .
i guess its just a matter of time .
Well a new airline called MDLR is planning to start ops.
I wonder how Indigo are doing as they have plans to have 100 A320s.
cheers.

SkyMiles
7th Mar 2007, 15:03
The Go Air airplanes you are referring to were leased from Iberworld in Spain. The lease term was only for six months. Incidentally, Go Air began operations in 2005 with two leased Iberworld airplanes that were also returned after six months. Iberworld leases their A320's during lean European winters and takes them back for their busy summer travel season. I believe Spicejet also has some leased B737's on similar terms from a Turkish tour operator.