PDA

View Full Version : Abu Dhabi Aviation

ecureuil
5th Mar 2007, 02:08
Hi Guys, can anybody tell me what it is like to work at ADA. Has the accommodation changed? What are the working conditions like? I have heard some bad things.

ecureuil
6th Mar 2007, 02:13
Please can somebody help me with this!!!

coffindodger
6th Mar 2007, 02:22
hi i left a couple of years ago as a ground eng so not sure re the pilots lifestyle at this moment in time
but i paid a visit last year when i was last in auh and not a lot has changed the accom is still very poor but the boys put up with it they are supposed to be building a new housing complex near to the airport behind the petrol station on the way into the airport in khalifa city but we know what cheap skates ada are.
some pilots were on 6x6 and the rest are on 2x1 as for your time off at least you have a day off per week where as the eng staff do not.
yes you do your over niter out on the rigs
hope this helps as i say i left a couple of years ago but still know a few eng staff there.

Demented
6th Mar 2007, 13:23
Not a bad job, plenty of flying, 5 days on 2 off, accom :eek: but new housing being built....18 months to completion. Lifestyle in AUH pretty good, drivers :mad: but all you need to do is drive like them and don't bump into anything. Money ok........Worse places to live and work..........