PDA

View Full Version : Jakarta

doublekite
4th Mar 2007, 21:39
Hi, I'm new to the forum so not sure if anyone on here can help.
I am visiting Bali in July and changing carriers in Jakarta on the way.

The route ex UK is LHR-DOH-SIN-CGK with Qatar, then CGK-DPS with Air Asia. Return reverse of above.

My queries are:
1. Do I change terminals in Jakarta, and is this easy?
2. Do I go through immigration in Jakarta or Bali?
3. Will I pay departure taxes in CGK and DPS separate to the air ticket?

Thanks

Cyrano
5th Mar 2007, 09:22
Doublekite: Welcome to PPRUNE! I suggest you post this in the Passengers and SLF forum which deals with questions like this.

doublekite
6th Mar 2007, 20:40
Moved but no replies!

Rush2112
7th Mar 2007, 01:01
International flights usually come in and out of T2 at CGK, while domestic (except GA) usually go out of T1. I don't know about Air Asia, but suspect they will be T1 - I can't ever recall seeing an AA flight at T2.

If this is the case, it is quite a trek from one to the other although there may be some sort of shuttle.

I assume that you would clear immigration in CGK and into DPS as domestic passenger - that may be preferable anyway as the immigration guys at DPS are often keen on supplementing their income...

Departure tax is paid at check in. International is IDR100,000 can't remember domestic.

Bangkokeasy
7th Mar 2007, 06:20
One more thing is the visa on arrival process, assuming you haven't got one and are UK citizen. Last time I did it it was US$25 payable at a desk about 100m before CGK immigration.

I have known the CGK immigration not to be above wanting to suppliment their income too. Normally they pick on young ladies, leaving more seasoned males among us alone. When I say this, it is usually in the form of a request for US$10 as a "processing fee" for some imagined irregularity and nothing extortionate. You can work the system too. I found in the past that, if there was a particularly long queue at immigration at CGK, you could pop into the office on the right side and ask them to stamp your passport, for a US$10 fee of course, which saved a good half hour standing in line.:cool:

That said, you will probably sail through with no problems. Indonesia is a generally friendly place.

I have not changed terminals there before, but as rush2112 said, there should be some sort of official means of getting from one to the other terminal. Just ignore all the touts in the terminal, or you may get taken for the wrong sort of ride!

casual
7th Mar 2007, 08:40
there is a shuttle bus, ask around inside the international termional when you arrive

departure tax out of jakarta is 100,000 rp

mutt
8th Mar 2007, 05:32
Changing terminals from 2-1 is easy, take the yellow shuttle bus. Its a free service from 0600-2400.

Entering any country is where you clear customs, so you will clear in CGK. As mentioned before, the visa on arrival is easy, valid for 30 days at cost of $25.

Domestic departure tax is 50,000 IRP (US$6) International is 100,000 (US$11)

Indonesia is the only place in the world where i got refused entry for not having a visa.. :(:( (This was before "visa on arrival" and they had changed the rules so my nationality needed a visa) So dont mess with their immigration or offer bribes..... :) We offered $100 and it got me kicked out sooner!!!

Bali is an awesome place, you have to visit Tannah Lot at sunset. Ubud for the cultural stuff and Hard Rock Cafe for the cold beers :)

Enjoy it.

Mutt

doublekite
12th Mar 2007, 19:13
Many Thanks.