PDA

View Full Version : Meet & Greet car parking at Stansted

Blues&twos
4th Mar 2007, 21:14
Has anyone had any experience of Meet & Greet car parking at Stansted? Particularly with BCP....we've booked with them for August, as it's considerably cheaper than getting a taxi to/from the airport. Reviews on the internet give polarised responses - either very bad or very good, and I'm aware that people ware more likely to post reviews if they've had a bad experience.

Thanks in advance.

Farmer 1
5th Mar 2007, 07:12
http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/reports/holidays_and_travel/holiday_20070227.shtml

WHBM
5th Mar 2007, 12:07
In the linked article the company called "Pink Meet & Greet" is described as having ceased trading. I wonder if they are connected with the "Pink Elephant" business at other airports, and whether any replacement service has started up, possibly with the same managers and/or owners.

wizo
5th Mar 2007, 18:18
Not sure about Stansted, however I regually stay at a well known international brand of hotels at Gatwick who operate a similar system. I have seen these guys picking up cars, and the way they treat them is nothing short of appalling. I would think long and hard about using any such service.

PAXboy
5th Mar 2007, 23:38
I have never used such services - even when it was a company car!! I park my own car and ride the bus.

Blues&twos
2nd Sep 2007, 19:44
For those who might be interested.....

Have just returned from our hols having used BCP Meet & Greet car parking at Stansted.

Verdict: Service was very good - BCP guy met me at the correct time (5am) bang in front of the terminal building doors, quick chat and check of the car for existing damage, and we were away into the airport.

Two weeks later we were met on time in the arrivals hall by a very smartly dressed and polite BCP man who showed us back to the car in the adjacent short stay car park, offered to carry all our cases and pack them into the car for us.

Car was in exactly the same condition as when I'd left it, with only a few additional miles on the clock - presumably distance to their car parking area and back to Stansted. All this for £56 (half price deal from the travel agent when we booked our holiday). The car still works and drives fine :E

In short, no complaints.

easy307
2nd Sep 2007, 20:09
friendly reliable staff
but, very few trolleys at stansted and a considerable walk to departures from the car park drop off point.
Still the best option though with screaming children.

All Ahead Full
3rd Sep 2007, 06:27
Have used the service at Gatwick once, the drop off was okay, they were a little late, but the pickup @ 6am was excellent, car ready and waiting, engine warm, which was super considering the fact that it was snowing

cavortingcheetah
3rd Sep 2007, 07:56
:hmm:

Have used the Stansted service and will certainly do so again.:)