PDA

View Full Version : BMI Sim Profile - Some questions

Sean Dell
4th Mar 2007, 16:13
I am trying to help a friend through the BMI selection process, with a stint in the A320 sim. Could anyone let me know what might be expected of him in the BMI assessment. I would imagine it will be basics as he will not be expected to know the aeroplane inside out. For example ATHR used or not? Any S/E work? Hdg V/S or TRK/FPA etc. etc.

Have tried to use the search facility, but not much info on BMI. Thanks for any snippets.

Kind Regards

Sean Dell

virtualaviation
4th Mar 2007, 17:16
Recently we've had two or three BMI candidates per week coming to us for sim practice, so obviously we know the BMI profile. Call me on (0870) 350 0747 and I'll run through it with you.
James

CAT3C AUTOLAND
4th Mar 2007, 20:01
If your friend gets an assessment he/she will be given the profile before the simulator ride. To answer your question, no automatics what so ever, no AP, FPV and no autothrust.

Will be expected to do GH, a 2 engined ILS, and a single engined ILS both to land. Hope that helps.

Sean Dell
5th Mar 2007, 07:49
Thanks guys

Will give James a call.

S.D.

spitfire747
8th Mar 2007, 18:09
CAT III C

I believe a "well done old boy" is in order !!!!

See you at FL390 !!

average bloke
10th Mar 2007, 20:49
Yes. A public congrats to CAT IIIC. Will see you at F390 also (well actually my clapped out old bird can only make F350, but at least you get to fly it yourself a bit!). Beers soon old bean!

I presume spitty you have moved on from the turbo props then?

CAT3C AUTOLAND
11th Mar 2007, 18:11
Thanks alot chaps, much appreciated :ok:.

Average Bloke, old spitty believes the future is bright the future is orange, so moving onto turbo fans! So congrats to him too :ok:.

Sinbad, if you are reading this message, I did try and PM you, but you message box is full! :ugh:

SinBin
12th Mar 2007, 09:01
I think you mean me CAT3 try now! Well done by the way!

CAT3C AUTOLAND
12th Mar 2007, 18:29
You are quite right sir, sorry brain fart ;).