PDA

View Full Version : Saudia recruiting B747 Classic FO's

mutt
4th Mar 2007, 12:52
Older threads are locked, so its time for a new one :):)
The fun is about to begin again, SVA are looking for 8 B747 Classic First Officers.
AFAIK, the people were interviewed in 2006 and there aren't any plans for interviews this year. The purpose of this thread is to allow those who have received employment letters to ask questions about the company, conditions, compound etc BEFORE THEY ARRIVE.........
Mutt

Fool 'n' Tameez
4th Mar 2007, 15:34
mutt,

on a related topic...

When will they start retiring the 747 classics? I was under the impression that they will start soon.

busdriver22
4th Mar 2007, 16:20
FIRST OFFICERS / B-747 CLASSIC // MD-11
Total time 4000 hours to include 3000 hours on commercial Jets Aircraft with a MTOW 45,000 Kgs
Monthly Base Pay: SR.13,475.00
Offer includes following benefits for all Flight Crew over above Base pay:
1- 03 Year initial Contract (Renewable) subject to operational requirement.
2- A Generous 12.3 Months Tax Free Salary.
3- SR.600 Monthly Transportation Allowance.
4- Monthly Contract Completion Allowance Payable At Completion Of Each Contract Term.
a) Captains : US$ 1432.00
b) First Officers : US$ 591.25
5- One Base Pay Annual Bonus.
6- Flying Allowance 10% of Actual Hourly rate.
7- Night Flying Allowance 10% Of Actual Hourly Rate For Flight Between 1700-0300 GMT.
8-Layover Expense: Domestic Stations: SR.11.50 / Hour Int'l. Stations:SR.16.50 / Hour Layover Calculated On Block Out - Block-In Basis.
9- (15 min.) On Call Premium For Every ( 6 Hours)
Lapsed After Rest Time.
10- 30 Calendar Days Paid Annual Vacation.
11- Additional Crew Member (ACM) Monthly Benefit.
12- Guaranteed Monthly Flying Hours Between 65-75 Hours Depending On Aircraft Group.
13- Personal Accident Insurance Coverage Maximum :.
a) - Captains : SR.802,000;
b)- First Officers: SR.475,000
14- Up to SR.540,000 Loss Of License Insurance.
American Contractors are covered for maximum sum of SR.168,000.oo
15- Free Furnished Air-Conditioned Accommodation For Married And Single Status.
16- Free Housing Utilities (Gas, Water And Maintenance, Excluding Telephone Charges).
17- Free Medical Coverage For Employee And
Eligible Dependents (Except Dental, Audio & Visual Aids and Infertility Treatment).
18- IATA Travel Benefits For Employee And Eligible
Dependents On SAUDIA And Other Airlines.
19- In-Kingdom School Education subsidy for 3 Children within proscribed rates as per Policy.
20- Free Excess Baggage Up to (family 400 Kgs) and (Single Employee 200Kgs) At Initial Joining And Final Departure.
21- Free Saudia Sports Club Membership For Employee And Dependent.

Prior to joining, selected candidates must hold an unrestricted FAA ATP, or at least the written part together with a valid ICAO ATPL. Applicants should be aged under 53; At 55 applicants should be holding appropriate aircraft FAA Type Rating.
Resume (Detailed CV) must reflect Breakdown of Actual Flight Hours Per Aircraft Type Per Position.

CAPTAINS: Prior to joining, selected candidates must hold an unrestricted FAA ATP with the appropriate type rating or an unrestricted FAA ATP with MEL rating or else the written part of the FAA license together with a valid ICAO ALTP. Applicants should be aged less than 53 years. Between 53-55 years applicants should have the appropriate FAA type rating.

FIRST OFFICERS: must hold an unrestricted FAA ATP with a MEL rating or else a FAA Commercial Multi Engine Land pilot certificate with instrument rating.

Hope this helps its all out on there website so nothing new:

http://sv.net/apps/rec/emp_default.asp#

mutt
4th Mar 2007, 19:08
FnT...... strangely enough they have just retired the 1st one, HZ-AIA, with AIG due to follow soon.... expat crews are easy to fire once the aircraft is totally phased out in 2012.....

Busdriver22, interesting information but WRONG..... They ONLY want 8 FO's for the classic... none for the MD11 and no Captains.

Mutt

mutt
5th Mar 2007, 16:10
Saudia will announce this week the name of the stategic partner that has purchased 49% of Saudia Catering. Its believed to be a Saudi/Spanish consortium that purchased the share for US$373 million.

Saudia Cargo will be privatized in the autumn.

Mutt

mutt
10th Mar 2007, 17:29
I'm in shock..... rumor today that they will hire a lot more than 8 FO's AND FLIGHT ENGINEERS...........:):)

Havent totally worked out the logic behind this, but its worth remembering that these positions are on a fleet that will be retired in 2012.

Mutt

Fool 'n' Tameez
10th Mar 2007, 19:05
Maybe something to do with the retirement age? Didn't they extend them for a few 747 drivers?

mutt
11th Mar 2007, 05:35
GACA in line with ICAO increased the retirement age to 65. It applies to Saudi and non-Saudi crew, however at that age the Saudis have a massive pension which equals their salary, so not that many of them stay flying.

Mutt

metro301
16th Mar 2007, 09:15
"Havent totally worked out the logic behind this, but its worth remembering that these positions are on a fleet that will be retired in 2012.

Mutt"

I asked some of the Saudi FO's about this during my last pairing. They said that none of them want the upgrade to an old airplane without EFIS. The majority of the Saudi's awarded the classic have been calling off for the ground school.

piloton
16th Mar 2007, 11:13
Man never let go of an upgrade.... besides where are they going to get all these pilots when every company in the world is hiring.... (and not to mention Saudia City:{ )

Desert Diner
16th Mar 2007, 12:42
They said that none of them want the upgrade to an old airplane without EFIS.

Sounds about par for the course.

mutt
16th Mar 2007, 15:21
The majority of the Saudi's awarded the classic have been calling off for the ground school.

Metro, they did the same when they started sending people to your fleet...But there is a very easy answer to this, if they fail to attend scheduled classes on 2 occasions, stop their salary until they do show up!

If the Saudis dont move into the classic, that means that there will be 40 of them remaining on the E70/MD90 until other slots become available. This will have an impact on Saudi new-hires. By the time the classic is finally retired, new aircraft will be arriving, where are the crews going to come from?

Piloton
Whats your complaint with Saudia city? Do you think that it has improved or gotten worse since your arrival?

Mutt

metro301
16th Mar 2007, 20:30
Mutt,

I couldn't agree with you more... But, I can't see it changing.

Any rumors on what the new aircraft might be or when they will announce??

mutt
17th Mar 2007, 03:20
HZ-AEO will arrive in about a week :):)

After that, the selection process is due to start again, regardless of the manufacturer, its extremely unlikely that anything NEW will show up before 2010 :(

Mutt

Earl
17th Mar 2007, 05:01
Mutt,
I hope Saudia city is improving with the new contractors that was hired.
When I left there last year it was in sad shape.
For someone with a family and the constant flooding and broken water pipes is a bit much.
Complaints to the housing department fell on deaf ears.
Back in the early 90"s this was the best compound in Jeddah.
Really sad they let it fall to such low levels.
Hope they have improved it now.

PosClimb
17th Mar 2007, 06:28
Are they hiring Second Officer's too? No stick time, but it would be a cool job.

mutt
17th Mar 2007, 12:41
Earl,

It is improving, but it will never to the same as when you first arrived, the demographics of the compound population is just too different :)

I'm always amazed when someone says "but it would be a cool job." without knowing anything about the company, living standards or salary package :):)

Mutt

newscaster
17th Mar 2007, 17:32
Hi mutt, thanks for the warm welcome in the iran aviation thread, have been browsing here all along, I heard Saudia are adding new seasonal destinations Vienna, Munich and Isfahan and dropping Ostend cargo service.

mutt
17th Mar 2007, 19:36
Dropping ostend....... that service is only there to service New York due to noise constrictions......

Mutt.....

capt-Purple
19th Mar 2007, 16:34
Hi guys I interviewed and was offered a position june 06, F/O MD-11.
I just got a letter from HR London about possible class date, can you share some info on where the 747 ground school is held, what routes do the B747 classic fly? are they pax or cargo config? are they looking for MD 11 fO's still? are there any fleet renewel plans for Saudi and if so would you be able to move to another fleet? Thanks.....

purple

mutt
19th Mar 2007, 18:05
1: Jeddah - by recent accounts its a b..ch of a training course and will take 7-8 months.
2: Africa, Middle East, Indian Subcontinent, Indonesia, (Brussels, New York, Houston - Cargo)
3: Mainly pax, 1 cargo.
4: No
5: Yes
6: Good question, no one knows the answer. It will all depend on crew requirements/availability when new fleet arrives.

Mutt

Earl
20th Mar 2007, 03:40
Capt. Purple,
The 747 ground school and CPT is not that tough, you are prepared very well to pass the orals for the type rating.
Unless things have change in the last 11 months you will have a good time and get through it with flying colors if you apply yourself.
When I left there the CPT/Sim was a very relaxed training enviroment on the 747 side anyway.
Its a co-operate and graduate type training enviroment.
Sure you have probably seen this before.
Lots of patience and a good attitude is the best advice anyone can give.
Good Luck

capt-Purple
20th Mar 2007, 07:34
Hi

Thanks guys for the imput, I was really impress with the recruitment staff and though it would be a great place to work, I was offered the MD-11 FO slot but from all accounts it my be the B747 from what I've heard, So is upgrading is out of the question? how much flying are you guys getting there montly?

piloton
20th Mar 2007, 17:45
Upgrade it is out of the question..... I had hope but come to find out it is close to impossible...the guys on the 74 have'nt flown much because Saudia is wet leasing airplanes like popcorn... if you have US visa you may stand a better chance to go overtime because they have 1 cargo 747 that goes to JFK.... Good luck