PDA

View Full Version : Kidney problems

The PM
4th Mar 2007, 06:12
Posted this on the medical and health forum, but thought i would post here as well, just in case people who can answer don't frequent there that often.

A week or so ago, I had some problems that prompted me to head to the local A&E. After several hours i was admitted for further tests.Three days later, I was released with a diagnosis of Glomerulonephritis, probably IgA Nephritis, but to be confirmed via a bloody large needle into the kidneys in a few weeks.

Now, I had planned to get back inot flying this year after a break of several years and have been doing some homework as to how this would affect those plans. I see in the CASA DAME handbook, that they will "usually certify" pilots with this condition, but it does not specify if this is Class 1 or 2. Any CPLs or ATPLs out there with this condition? Any experiences to relate?

Cheers, and thanks in advance.

kiwiblue
4th Mar 2007, 06:34
I don't have any useful information mate... but good luck! Sounds nasty. Personally I hate medicine being practiced upon my person -best incentive ever to try to stay healthy!

Hope you'll be airborne (and well!) soon.

Best

flyby_kiwi
4th Mar 2007, 07:18
I had kidney failure a couple of years before i got a class one and had that bloody big needle that you talk about jabbed into me as part of the biopsy. Everything came back inconclusive and eventually came right. I few questions were asked at the medical but it had all been signed off so there were no major concerns.

Good luck :ok:

OpsNormal
4th Mar 2007, 07:32
PM, if you drop back into chat or ring my other half I might have some info for you.

OpsN.;)

The PM
12th Mar 2007, 23:46
Bump......anyone else?