PDA

View Full Version : Peter Middleton - former RAAF & DCA FOI at Moorabbin

Centaurus
3rd Mar 2007, 23:51
Trying to locate latest contact details of a former RAAF fighter pilot Peter Middleton DFC who joined DCA (now CASA) as an FOI around 1976? He was based at Moorabbin. I am sure some of the oldies reading Pprune will remember him. He married the lady CFI of a flying school in Victoria and went off to live happily everafter in either South America or USA.

The United Services Institute (Melbourne) is hoping to contact him as he is one of only three surviving RAAF pilots in Australia who were part of the British Commonwealth Occupation Forces (BCOF) in Japan after the war. The Institute hopes to arrange a three way telephone hook up between them before they eventually fade away. Any contact phone numbers addresses etc of Peter or his wife or their relatives would be greatly appreciated.

Readers can either post on Pprune or send me a private message via Pprune. Thanks.:)

Milt
4th Mar 2007, 03:44
Wings

Visited the Peter Middletons, she was then an attractve blond, some place close to the Boulder Dam near Las Vegas sometime in the mid 70s. Since then he has been an aviation consultant floating around the USA. His was the cultured voice which was used to describe those fantastic air displays at Laverton.

Another Peter who flew Kittys to clobber the Japs and later Mustangs in BCOF Japan is Peter Badgery who is presently languishing in Lismore's St Vincents Hospital. This Peter's father was Delfosse Badgery who flew wing warpers in the ME (Suez and Mesopatania) during WW1, maybe the first Oz pilot to fly ops in that war.

Other ex WW2 and BCOF pilots around are
Sir Neville McNamarra ex Chief of Defence in Canberra
Fred Barnes QLD
Fred Knudsen QLD
Les Reading VIC
Jim Flemming ACT
Me ACT

and the 77 Sqdn Association may know of a few more, each of whom are earger to make a few more flights.

Hit me with an email with further background to what the USI is up to.

Centaurus
4th Mar 2007, 09:16
Thanks for the info, Milt. It was Les Reading that is trying to locate Pete Middleton and I thought Pprune would be the best place to start.