PDA

View Full Version : Routes Jetstar

Atishoo
3rd Mar 2007, 15:38
Going to Aus in Dec

Can anyone tell me whether Jetstar will be opening up direct routes from Hamilton to Sydney by then

Thanks

Atishoo
3rd Mar 2007, 15:41
And are they SAFE ??? LOL

Just joking:eek:

Oh and....

Are the tickets E tickets, for Jetstar and Virgin Blue, there was something i had to print off of the internet booking. Im guessing i should keeo those and hand in like easy jet.

exmax
3rd Mar 2007, 22:08
Hi

Yes, e-tickets for Jet* and Virgin Blue. I know with Virgin Blue, you can do online check-in and print your boarding pass.

alangirvan
3rd Mar 2007, 22:32
Do you mean Hamilton NZ? (There are several Hamiltons in the world.) Freedom flies from HamiltonNZ to Sydney. Find them in Google. There are several Freedom Airlines in the world, so get the right one.

Jetstar does mostly Australian domestic, some flight around Asia and limited number of flights between NZ and Australia, mostly from Christchurch.

Atishoo
4th Mar 2007, 16:07
Sorry i meant Hamilton Island, Whitsunday's

PattyStacker
4th Mar 2007, 19:01
2 direct flights every day from Sydney. Been doing them for years as Jetstar and QFlink

Iguanahead
5th Mar 2007, 03:39
Atishoo I think you need to have a look at the Jetstar site, all your questions can be answered here

http://www.jetstar.com/au/index.html

:ok:

alangirvan
5th Mar 2007, 05:39
Jetstar started to Hamilton Island, and then all the rich people who live on Hamilton Island complained that people flying there on low fares were lowering the tone of the island, and the Jetstar planes were not comfy enough for rich people. So Qantas had to restore one of their own flights so that people could have business class seats and a free biscuit and a coffee. If you go to the Qantas site that will show you which schedules are operated by Qantas and which by Jetstar.

Iguanahead
5th Mar 2007, 23:30
The only flight into Hamilton Island for QF is from Cairns and operated by QantasLink. All flights from other ports are operated by Jetstar direct. Alternatively you can fly VirginBlue with a connection through Brisbane.

I think the story about the Hamilton Islanders making a fuss about the Jetstar passengers was all a media hype. It was a long time ago, way before allocated seating, when the general public (media fed) weren't quite sure what to make of the low cost carrier model. For those that really want to travel QF they can fly in to Cairns and then connect with QF Link. For everybody else enjoy the cheaper fare, the A320 service, comfy leather seats, and a direct flight with JQ. :)

RealFish
8th Mar 2007, 22:27
Iguanahead is right - use the site to get all of your info, but also look out for the seat sales - you can get some bargain fares.

Jet* is the best option from SYD. Although Virgin Blue is an alternative the flight times aren't so good and you'll need to change in Brisbane.

Jetstar* will allow you to reserve your seat on booking (although you may need to go back into the site to do this as an amendment). Choose an A seat - a/c usually overfly the island and make a tight LH turn to land from the north. You'll get a grandstand view from up there (or only of the sky from an F seat).

Atishoo
22nd Mar 2007, 22:52
ewww Realfish

did u have to tell me that, i like flying straight and smooth !!

AGPwallah
23rd Mar 2007, 13:08
Have flown Jet* on three different routes over last few weeks and they were great. Departed on time or earlier, so arrived well in advance of schedule arrival time. Airbus 320 with leather seats. Food/drink on sale similar to UK locos but much cheaper. Will definitely use again.