PDA

View Full Version : aircraft rental near HKG?

junior_man
3rd Mar 2007, 02:16
Any ideas or experiences as to where might be a good location to rent light aircraft "near" Hong Kong?
Phillipines? Thailand? anywhere else?
Let me know as I am trying to find somewhere relatively nearby to fly with a friend of mine.

Thanks,

JM

mooney59
3rd Mar 2007, 03:39
R u intrestedin renting in Singapore or Malaysia? some good options there..

junior_man
3rd Mar 2007, 13:35
sure, just as long as it is someplace that isn't too hard to get to from HKG.

wakpilot
3rd Mar 2007, 15:35
You can rent at the Thai Flying club. (thaiflyingclub.com) BUT you need to fly with an instructor or Thai and club approved pilot. Its about 1 hour south of the new Bangkok Airport. Fun and friendly.

flyer_spotter
4th Mar 2007, 02:23
I think you can rent a cessna at Sek Kong, though I'm pretty sure it'll cost alot.

junior_man
4th Mar 2007, 03:38
I have been looking at Thai Flying Club.
I actually want to teach, and haven't been able to get soem questions answered regarding that. Plan to go there anyways but had hoped somebody would know of somewhere else.
I guess I should look into Sek Kong but I recall it was very costly to join.

moosp
4th Mar 2007, 05:15
"Sek Kong" is the Hong Kong Aviation Club, based at Kai Tak. Helicopters are flown out of Kai Tak and fixed wing out of Sek Kong at weekends only. You need to join the club, which is HK$30,000 down and around a thousand a month. Rates are around HK$2800 for the cessna 182 last time I looked, R22 about the same. You can fly on a foreign licence, or your HK CPL/ATPL.

They have a basic web site you can google.

In the Philippines I hear that the Angeles City flying club is up for sale, and as long as the buyer runs it as a going concern the price will be very reasonable. They have microlights, which are the coolest thing to fly when the temp and dew point are above 30C!

FWIW