PDA

View Full Version : Jep's for sale

bunglesboy
2nd Mar 2007, 22:38
Hi all
I have a current set of jep approach plates and binders for sale with an amendment service until may/june this year. If anyone is interested PM me. I am looking for $375.00 for them. New they will set you back $650 plus 2 weeks delivery. :ok:

RENURPP
2nd Mar 2007, 22:46
Let me know if you get to Darwin and still have them available. I have been using jepview 3, its a pain in the arse so considering going back to paper.

heywatchthis
2nd Mar 2007, 23:58
Sounds like a good deal, a set just went for $450.00 on ebay!

funnelweb
3rd Mar 2007, 00:01
RENURPP

I'm in Darwin and will have a fully ammended set with ammendment service untill Oct up for grabs in mid September, if you can struggle along with Jep view until then. I'll let you have 'em for a couple of hundred, I'll PM you closer to my departure date.

Hugh Jarse
3rd Mar 2007, 03:52
I'm in Darwin and will have a fully ammended set with ammendment service untill Oct up for grabs in mid September

Got a strong urge for a few of these, eh Funnelweb? :E
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i6/HugeArse/Photo_110905_001.jpg

funnelweb
3rd Mar 2007, 20:33
Not much gets past you Young Jarse!:D

TheColonel
4th Mar 2007, 01:38
Anyone know if one can download or view the Jepp plates without purchase?

Thanks

ForkTailedDrKiller
4th Mar 2007, 02:09
"Anyone know if one can download or view the Jepp plates without purchase?"

Knowing Jepp - I doubt it!

Just curious, but why are Jepp Charts and amendment service for sale? Have you landed a job with someone who supplies same.

I am in the throws of changing from Airservice Charts to Jepp charts to match my JeppView, after running a hybrid system for a couple of years.

There is an awful lot of sh*t to interpret on a Jepp chart.

FTDK:cool:

AerocatS2A
4th Mar 2007, 02:36
For those of you using Jeppview, what are your experiences with it?

FTDK, I bought my Jepps off a guy who landed a job with Cathay, apparantly he didn't need them anymore.

ForkTailedDrKiller
4th Mar 2007, 03:09
Aerocat

I have JeppView. Havn't gone the whole hog and bought the special paper so that I can print out Appr plates than will go in a ring binder. I just print them double sided on A4 and put them on the clip board with my flightplan, weather etc.

I also have FliteDeck running on a Motion Computing tablet computer in a RamMount on the yoke of the Bo. It is fed data from my Garmin296 GPS.

I use JeppView for planning flights - that then automatically come up on FliteDeck.

Boys must have their toys!

The system works well for me. Jepp occassionally drop an approach from their database , which can throw you into a bit of a tizz.

If you have a specific question, fire away and I will try to answer it.

OpsNormal
4th Mar 2007, 07:19
Jepp occassionally drop an approach from their database
Century Mine RNAV's for instance?
YCNY 14 RNAV from ASA (http://www.airservices.gov.au/publications/pending/dap/CNYGN01-106.pdf)
DAPs have it, but Jepps don't seem to have it, in fact it was deleted sometime last year. It doesn't seem to appear in some/most of the GPS databases either.... Work that one out!:=

...I bought my Jepps off a guy who landed a job with Cathay...

What is it about Cathay and Jepps? I purchased my Jepps up from a bloke who used to work for Cathay... Who then returned to Oz for..... doesn't matter. He went to the electronic version of the Jepp charts. He hasn't asked to buy them back yet so the electronic ones must be OK.:ok: :D

RENURPP
4th Mar 2007, 07:29
Pain in the prevabable to keep them ammended.
I have never ending problems downloading the ammendment service.
I bought it to jep Aus's attention last yearand they extended my subscription for 3 mths but it has got no better, so I will either go back to paper OR AIP/DAP's. The aero club I work for requires Jeps, how ever once I bring it to CASAá atennetion that I cannot kepp my documents up to date that may change.

ForkTailedDrKiller
4th Mar 2007, 07:52
RENURRP

I have had minimal problems downloading updates. The database seems to loose me every so often, but Jepp Oz fix it quicksmart.

Chadzat
7th Mar 2007, 02:39
Hi there Bunglesboy,
i'm after a set of jeps, are yours still for sale? are they up to date?
give us a call 0428246423
cheers, Tony