PDA

View Full Version : Cabin crew Spain?

Commander1
1st Mar 2007, 14:48
Hi all,

I didn't know whether to put this in the Spanish forum or to keep it to here since its the Cabin crew section.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any airlines in Spain that recruit for people who can speak semi fluent Spanish but has English as their primary language? I'm working for Ryanair at the moment but would like to move to Spain eventually in perhaps a couple of years or so but I heard that some airlines over there want you to know fluent Spanish, obviously.

Thanks alot.

Sarah

Glamgirl
1st Mar 2007, 21:53
I believe Ezy has a new base in MAD. Don't know if they're recruiting for that base at the moment, but might be worth checking it out. I don't think any Spanish airline would employ someone who doesn't speak fluent Spanish, but I might be wrong. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

EXek11
11th Mar 2007, 22:17
Hi!
I don t want to disappoint you. But it is really dificult to get into the spanish aviation, i am spanish myself and after being 3 years with emirates i decided to come back and fly over here.
I have applied to all the airlines but it seems that my experience in Ek doesn t matter.
Currently I am working as ground staff and shortly I ll become flightdispatcher at BCN airport.

Anyhow I really miss flying and if i don t get a chance overhere in a while i might consider to work overseas again.

My advice!

Keep on trying or find some foreign airline with base in Spain like someone before said!

All the best

Virginia
12th Mar 2007, 11:19
Check the EZY website! I believe the MAD base is still undercrewed.

Good luck!

kelowna
25th Mar 2007, 11:43
Hi there,

As mentioned before it's been a hard time finding a C/A job in Spain. There are currently some open positions specially on low cost airlines like Vueling and Clickair but both require fluent spanish.

Spanair also have a recruitment day on April, but again if your spanish skills are not good enough to keep up a conversation, don't even try it (unless you are fluent on any of the scandinavian languages or german, then you have some chances)

EZY new base in MAD is undercrewed right now but only because the Staff ID from the BAA is so painfull to get for us. There are a lot of people just waiting for the ID to start working here.

FR also started operating in MAD last November, but as a lot of spaniards work for Ryanair I guess it will be hard to get the transfer.

Commander1
25th Mar 2007, 17:09
Hey thanks for the advice :)

TE RANGI
28th Mar 2007, 22:50
Spanair are recruiting CAs all the time, but usually for a short term with possible extensions. They have bases in BCN, MAD plus all the Spanish holiday resorts.

moka19
30th Mar 2007, 17:04
Hi, I am Spanish and you can work rigth now in Madrid or Girona(near Barcelona) with Ryanair. And also with Easyjet in Madrid.

If you speak reasonably well Spanish, I think you can work by Vueling, Spanish lowcost airline.

On the other hand, if you are Swedish or Danish, you have a lot of probabilities with Air Europa or Spanair.

If you have any question, ask me!

Monica