PDA

View Full Version : Government Jetstar Inquiry.

airsupport
1st Mar 2007, 05:52
Govt Jetstar inquiry

The government has agreed to set up an inquiry into the impact of the proposed Qantas sale on the airline's subsidiary, Jetstar.

Government senators have backed the parliamentary committee's recommendation.

The bill, introduced by Family First Senator Steve Fielding, aims to ensure Jetstar and other Qantas subsidiaries, like the catering arm, aren't sold to foreign investors if a sale happens.

Senator Fielding says it's all about jobs.

The Transport workers Union, representing 15,000 Qantas workers has welcomed the announcement of the inquiry and says it will demonstrate to the Treasurer Peter Costello why he should impose conditions on any sale of Qantas.

The inquiry by the Senate's economics committee is due to report by March 20.

SkyNews Australia.

Truckster
1st Mar 2007, 06:05
While it is good news, the ONE day laid aside for this enquiry leads me to assume it may be window dressing rather than any serious attempt to guage national interest.

assasin8
2nd Mar 2007, 05:50
:} Ha, ha, ha... A Government inquiry ! Never laughed so much in all my life ! This from the Government that weasled out of the AWB inquiry, the "children overboard" inquiry, Iraq's WMDs, etc, etc... I won't be holding my breath !
:hmm:

Fliegenmong
2nd Mar 2007, 05:54
Thats them 8 - Now what is the name of that guy they always use? The one that always delivers the desired outcome for the Government?:ugh:

jack red
2nd Mar 2007, 07:24
..................that guy's name is ................. Leader of the Opposition.:E

roamingwolf
2nd Mar 2007, 08:51
and this inquiry will cost about 5 ktrillion dollars just as every other one has and achieves ...ZIP..but they have to look as though they are doing something.

Maybe the press will give them some curry and keep the pressure on

Elroy Jettson
2nd Mar 2007, 09:13
And in the wee small hours of the morning, they can attach on a pay rise for the upper and lower house to the motion...:mad:

I was hoping the inquiry would be about how Jester was getting preferential treatment from the regulator... Something far more relevant to the voters. Air safety. (Affordable or otherwise)... :ugh:

assasin8
4th Mar 2007, 09:33
The press... Ha, might as well rename them, the advertising department for big business !:ugh: