PDA

View Full Version : H10-76 in a R22 Beta; impedance matching or electret mic?

nickgbb
1st Mar 2007, 03:38
Hello, all,

I recently bought two David Clark H10-76s to use in a Robinson 22 Beta. I can hear everything in both ears but I get no sidetone from the microphones. I know the mics are good because I've hooked them to a Peltor and they worked fine.

I know I can buy an electret mic replacement (one H10-76 I have now is equipped with an M-87 AIC mic and the other has an Electro-voice 81134) or an impedance matching transformer but which do I buy? Or do I buy both a new mic and an impedance converter? Also, will any electret mic do or does it need to include an amp? Can I make the transformer myself?

I'd appreciate any advice or information.

Thanks,
Nick

Perro Rojo
2nd Mar 2007, 01:05
Your best course of action would be to contact David Clark's customer service people for a solution.

All you will get here is everyone's opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

spinwing
2nd Mar 2007, 01:29
The "electret" mike will fix the problem. ...... so will putting an amp on the M87 ... an impedance matching transformer is only for the earpieces (phones) and would only be necessary if they were of 8 ohm (military) impedance instead of the 300-700 ohm (civil) earpieces that are prob fitted to the h'set.

Go see the folks thet sold you the set in the first place!

Cheers :ok:

nickgbb
2nd Mar 2007, 03:28
spinwing,
Thanks for the positive response. I'll try your solution first. The guy that sold me the headsets didn't mislead me and the headsets do work, just not in the Robinson 22. Plus the price was right so I'm not too upset. Your solution is a cheap one so I'm gonna try that first and post my results.

Also, Perro, thanks for the response but I'm not opposed to peoples' opinions. I'll take anything at this point!

Thanks!