PDA

View Full Version : Wondering...

adreamer
1st Mar 2007, 03:35
I have a student who comes from HK. He would like to become SO on Dragon Air. He is doing training for his FAA instrument rating. He would like to apply to Dragon Air at 250 hours total time w/ commercial ticket. :cool: I would like to know what his chance is to pick up? He was dispatcher for Dragon Air.

boogie-nicey
1st Mar 2007, 09:03
I doubt you'll get anywhere with just a FAA Comm. certificate especially at the like sof Dragon Air. However being a national rather than an expat I might be wrong. Conversion to the Chinese equivalents will almost certainly be required and may also prove to be an eye opener.

The main point about Dragon Air is the relative hours and experience expected above and beyond the minimums stated. Best of luck.

Dan Winterland
1st Mar 2007, 13:08
With 250 hrs, he has the minimum hours for employment. However, he must have a HK CPL as a minimum. He will need to get in touch with the HK cad for the conversion requirement, but I suspect it will involve a lot of exams and a lot of study. The HK exams are in a very different leauge to the FAA ones.