PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw ALA, NT

alphacentauri
1st Mar 2007, 02:04
Hi Guys,

Does anyone who flys up in NW NT have any details on this ALA? Specifically I am after operator details. I have looked in ERSA, Country Airstrips Guide and the AOPA Airfield Directory...but to no avail.

I have detailed info on operational stuff like length, surface etc but nothing on the operator. I do know it is situated right next to a station (cattle?) of some description and I assume the station owners are the aerodrome operators.

Anyone know the contact details? It would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Alpha

Riding the Goat
1st Mar 2007, 03:33
You could try Timber Ck just down the road on 08 8975 0860 or try one of the operators in Kunna's (Sling Air or Alligator).

Richo
1st Mar 2007, 07:52
Alpha

Bradshaw was sold to the DOD (Army) a few years ago. it is now an Army training ground for armoured vehicles and the such.

The old strip is no longer, which is good because it was only good for the C182 or similar with a one way approach and departure. it was alos the road into the home stead.

there is new stip there now, but I have no details.

You may get permission from the army but it is unlikely unless you have a very good reason. Darwin ops (RAAF darwin) or NORCOM in darwin may be able to give you advice on the strip and permission or not.

As the Goat said, Timber creek is not far away.

Richo