PDA

View Full Version : Air Turks and Caicos

SXGuerra
28th Feb 2007, 20:37
I have just heard from an Air TC pilot about Air TC owing a cabin crew member almost USD6000. I understand that she had to suddenly return home for a family illness. Perhaps others were correct in stating that staying away from this company is the right thing to do.

nano404
21st May 2007, 01:42
Heh, The airline is bad. The best local airline is SkyKing, the other, Global Airways just charters (PA-23-250s is all they have, correct me if i'm wrong) But Air Turks and Caicos has more types of A/C

PiratePilot
8th Jan 2008, 17:45
Wow,,,what a bunch of sour grapes and soooo Typical Premadonna Types,,,,so obviously MainLanders,,,,,,,

Go Play overseas in the real third world,,,,,,see for urself lol

oooops,,,back to my corner,,,,lol

WB

PicMas
9th Jan 2008, 11:17
PiratePilot,
You joined just to add that nonsense to an 8month old post?!?

islandsurvivor
23rd Jan 2008, 13:57
Hy,
I worked at provo flying for AIRTC about 10 months. I adivise averybody that I can NOT TO JOIN IT!!! The company is a complete messy...you have no flight schedule (they call you at night to tell if you are flying the next day or if you are off!!), no allounces, the transportation on the island is very poor, the owner is always pushing you to fly under some bad conditions like, over regulamentation, maintenance, no maels inside the airplane exept snacs to the PAX that the crew uses as lunch! And the price to live there is very high! the food, light, water...etc. The time you contact the company, they say many facilities and propagandas about the place... don't belive it!

See you.

Edward_tci
2nd Jul 2009, 22:40
Does anyone know anything about Global Airways and the other companies? Is Skyking still operating? Or about the work permit situation in TCI? I am a UK national

I used to live there when I was a kid and would love to go back for a flying job. Anyone know what the hours requirements are for most of the companies? I'm guessing it's FAA licences.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Flying Mechanic
3rd Jul 2009, 03:31
Global u need at least 700 TT and 150 Multi minimum. I was Chief Pilot there 2003/4, ita great little co and some good flying around the Caribbean.
Yep that can validate the FAA license to.
Skyking was bought out by Air T&C.Good luck.
FM

Kingair20000
30th Nov 2009, 00:42
Any new news on this airline, is the same stuff going on( compan owning crew money).

SpeedyG
9th Dec 2009, 23:05
Evening matey

TCI SkyKing has gone now bought out by Air Turks & Caicos Airways (previously InterIsland) - Air TC have EMB120 / DH6 and may be looking for type-rated crew epecially on the EMB.

Global dying with no business.

Not much else.. Suggest you go and try some of the more interesting places in life (Africa) but not much here.

Krgds

FlyTCI
10th Dec 2009, 03:11
"Suggest you go and try some of the more interesting places in life (Africa) but not much here."

I have flown in both places and call tell you that Africa is not always more interesting :}. Especially not in the Sahara..

Saint Jack
10th Dec 2009, 11:22
SpeedyG: You said "Global dying with no business", did they ever start the helicopter service which I understand was being discussed some two years ago. If they did, what were the helicopter types, people and results etc.

Saint Jack
20th Dec 2009, 06:41
It looks like SpeedyG has dropped of the radar for a while. Can someone with current knowledge of the TCI aviation scene tell me if Global ever started their planned helicopter service which I understand was being discussed with a Florida-based operator some two years ago. If they did, what were the helicopter types, people and results etc. Also, what is the current helicopter activity in TCI as a whole.

haofil
1st Jun 2012, 11:08
Hi,
I'm looking for recent news about air turks & caicos: Job possibility for first officer, job conditions, wages...

Thank all

AAIGUY
1st Jun 2012, 13:26
After all the threads about people not being paid you want to work there why?

Seriously.. stop being so desperate.

haofil
1st Jun 2012, 16:40
Because last news is 3 years old. Maybe the situation is changed...
Anyway if somebody can suggest me another emb120 operator (jaa license!) I will be really happy to work for it!

AAIGUY
1st Jun 2012, 22:51
Once a crook, always a crook.