PDA

View Full Version : CDG / Duty Free / Security

MyData
28th Feb 2007, 12:38
Not the usual rant about security...

I was returning last night CDG->LBA. Having managed to negotiate CDG I arrived up one of the crossing escalators to the duty free section. Lots of wine as one would expect. But I didn't bother to stop and headed to the BMI lounge.

Now I know that I was naughty, but I swiped a couple of the small tins of Coke from the lounge. They would tied me over during the inevitable wait before boarding / take off etc.

Reached the security point at SAT5. X-ray scanner. Laptop out. And as I was doing so I pulled out the tins of Coke. The sharp eyed chap pleasantly said I could drink them now or bin them. It was late, I was tired, I didn't remember to think that 2x150ml cans is now a threat! So I decided to bin them and proceeded through.

It was only on the aircraft I was thinking: when I come back in a few weeks I'll buy some Champagne for an upcoming family celebration. It then dawned on me that if I did so then I'd have it confiscated immediately at the security point.

So, after rambling, my question to frequent CDG travellers is: How do you buy liquids in duty free and then get them through security????

BTW - top marks to BMI + CDG ATC. We were *in the air* at 2040, our scheduled departure time! A refreshing change to the inevitable congestion at LHR.

manintheback
28th Feb 2007, 13:42
Your champagne will be safely secured in a plastic see through sealed bag. Which makes the world a safer palce and thus through security you will go.

MyData
28th Feb 2007, 16:30
Thanks MITB.

I can't recall the last time I bought duty free so was not aware of these modern new fangled practices.

Three cheers to the sealed clear plastic bag!

Saintsman
5th Mar 2007, 09:14
One word of warning. Make sure the bag is fully heat sealed. A colleague nearly lost his because it hadn't been sealed all the way through. Fortunately CDG security showed some common sense (it does happen) and he was let through.