PDA

View Full Version : Blood Diamond

Mukosha
27th Feb 2007, 18:31
Has anybody noticed that the coordinates leo gives in the movie are somewhere in Sudan near a town called Malakal!

Also check out the Airvan!

gofor
28th Feb 2007, 02:58
And the opening scene where the sun rises in the east??? Also the C9- registered TTA light twin that lies crashed in another scene's background - enjoyed the movie though:ok:

arf1410
28th Feb 2007, 16:16
much of the movie was filmed in Mozambique, thus C9 registered airplanes, and scenes (2, I think) with sunrise over the water. Of course in West africa, sun SETS over water...

Also, vehicles in movie were for driving on left hand side, like in Moz. In Sierre Leonne, they drive on right.

lambert
1st Mar 2007, 06:17
And the CA (Cape Town) registered white Mercedez Benz truck (with WFP decals I think).

The Airvan pilot was Etienne le Roux (according to the credits at the end). Is that the dentist Etienne le Roux from Grahamstown?

Must say the Waterfront scenes and Cape Town and the winelands made me VERY homesick!

1st Mar 2007, 08:47
The Airvan was 9L- registered. The Mi-8 was ZS- Funny how a person notices all this stuff. The Cape scenes were really magic. I really liked colonel Coetzee's aka Arnold Vosloo's estate. Very nice. Where is that pub on the beach? I'd like to go visit there some time. Was that in Mozambique too or just a prop?

Mukosha
2nd Mar 2007, 13:48
Wow, its amazing how many snags you can find once you start looking!! All really interesting and good fun..

However, it was an extremely good movie. Right up there with Hotel Rwanda, Shooting Dogs and Tsotsi as far as African movies goes

alexmcfire
3rd Mar 2007, 20:08
Dogs of war was also good. So where did they get the Hinds from or where they computer images?

gofor
4th Mar 2007, 01:44
Denel or whatever they are called now have a MI24 they have in R&D that is regularly seen over Benearo park / Benoni (dark grey in colour) with huge weapons platform

LINGUS kaptan
4th Mar 2007, 17:15
The MIL 24 used for the movie seems to be that one :
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=ZU-BOI&distinct_entry=true
bye
;-)