PDA

View Full Version : Short connection in Doha

Gordon17
27th Feb 2007, 13:01
I'm trying to book a trip to Thailand at Easter at rather short notice.

A travel agent is offering me Business Class flights on Qatar, but with a 40 minute connection in Doha on the way out. He assures me that this will be ok but I am very nervous.

Does anybody have any experience of changing planes in Doha and an idea of whether the connection is feasible?

Thanks

cavortingcheetah
27th Feb 2007, 13:45
:hmm:
Why don't you go direct to Qatar Airways, Conduit Street, London. A couple of weeks ago they were offering two for one tickets in both Business and First. They are on the internet.
One understands that a forty minute lay over in Doha is quite sufficient. It is apparently a purpose built airport and their system is designed so that all flights dovetail. One did baulk slightly at twenty minutes en route Seychelles, but always carry spare change of clothes in carry on.
Don't forget that in Business, you get carted off to a different terminal buidling on arrival. Keeps you separate from the vermin down the back, as it were. Happy flights.:)

Gordon17
27th Feb 2007, 14:23
Thanks for the quick response - I've booked it. He was getting us the two for one deal so it's pretty reasonable for Business Class.

cavortingcheetah
27th Feb 2007, 14:25
:hmm:

If you join their Privilige Club, which you can do on line, you get another 10kgs weight allowance. That'll be 40kgs each in BC which could be useful on return?:cool:

garthicus
28th Feb 2007, 12:00
Doha is a teeny little aiport (however it is expanding) 40 mins in plenty of time!

apaddyinuk
28th Feb 2007, 17:02
I wouldnt worry too much about the connection in Doha. It has its own dedicated terminal for First and Business passengers and its all very small and efficient. If the worst comes to the worst and your inbound is delayed you will be transferred directly on the ramp. If you miss your flight altogether then at least you get to spend a few hours in the new terminal!