PDA

View Full Version : SIN ATPL exams

jondol
27th Feb 2007, 08:34
Hi All,

I'm planning to take my SIN ATP this Jun but need lots of help with materials and guidance. Any folks here currently doing or preparing or have gone thru the exams (this year)?

Understand that they've done away wiz the negetive markings but raised the passing grades to 75%.....appreciate any help or leads.:ok:

jondol
1st Mar 2007, 00:47
:} hehehe....i guess tis is not a hot topic after all....:} its been 2 days and no replies...maybe i try my luck in the SIA cadets forum...

SmileAirlines
1st Mar 2007, 05:30
jondol,

It's not about being a hot topic or not, but Singapore ATPL is a bit restrictive in a sense that not anyone can take the exams. As far as I know, you need to be sponsored by one of the Singapore-based airlines (SIA, SIA Cargo, Silk Air, Tiger and Valuair/Jetstar Asia) to take the exams. On special cases, ex-RSAF pilots are allowed to take the exams as well.

I presume that you are being sponsored? If yes, then I'm pretty sure that someone in your sponsor can help you in finding the materials that you need.

And, yes.. you're right about the omission of the negative markings and the new passing grade of 75%.

jondol
5th Mar 2007, 00:52
Hey Smiles,

Thanx for your reply.....you may have a point there regarding the a hot topic or not. Was just tryin my luck here to see if anyone else is going to (or done) the SIN ATPs this year. Maybe I can 'borrow' their materials....

Niway I'm not sponsered by any organisation (just self sponsered). Most of us self sponsered blokes here in SIN go thru the dusty, prickly outback path. Some made it, some still bashing thru and some gave up!

So yeah....this ATP is another way for me to knock on the airline doors ( which I know is a long shot) but I;ve got to do it and see the results.:)