PDA

View Full Version : SQ 297 diversion to Melbourne?

anito4a
27th Feb 2007, 01:39
Heard it on tower frequency this morning. Anyone know the reason for the diversion? Was it due weather at destination or tech?

Buster Hyman
27th Feb 2007, 02:50
If it was Qantas, they would've gone to SYD!!!

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/box2.gif

Howard Hughes
27th Feb 2007, 03:01
Buster, err I mean Sunny...http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/box2.gif

parabellum
27th Feb 2007, 03:22
SQ297 Singapore to Christchurch so MEL more or less en-route, subject to upper winds.
Someone at Tulla will know. (B777-200 I believe).

Don Esson
27th Feb 2007, 03:26
Does anyone really give a flying :mad: ????? Yair, I know that someone obviously has a need to know for some weird reason else the question would not have been asked. If all diversions were reported, the airwaves would be full of nothing else.

What a boring lot we are becoming?

anito4a
27th Feb 2007, 05:03
Does anyone really give a flying ????? Yair, I know that someone obviously has a need to know for some weird reason else the question would not have been asked

Weird reason? Well, just curious. I'm not trying to sensationalise the event and really didn't expect such a reaction from a harmless post. :rolleyes:

Buster Hyman
27th Feb 2007, 05:42
Aww Howard! I was hoping Lowerlobe or Tartexchange would've been first!:E:ouch::suspect:

divingduck
28th Feb 2007, 18:13
I'm with Don....:ugh:

lowerlobe
28th Feb 2007, 18:59
Buster,

Sorry I was away on a trip,I'll try to check on here more often...I miss our little sparring matches especially now that Gilligan has gone on holidays to the Antarctic....lol

Here's what actually happened...

MEL is so keen to get ANYONE to land they have not only scrapped landing fee's they are now PAYING airlines to land and have even subsidised fuel.So SQ decided to land and not only pick up cheap fuel but make some cash as well.

Another rumour is that one of the bosses in SQ who also owns a few shopping centers in Orchard Road has bought the shops in Tulla's terminal.So now he wants more business and thought this would be a good idea.A few diversions for increased turnover....crafty little devils those Singaporeans.....

Just wait till Darth finds out about this cash cow and you will see more QF aircraft in MEL than public servants in Canberra or Victorians in Queensland...(on holidays of course...) E :E :E :E :E :E

It looks as though poor old Don has been sucking on lemons again...bad habit Don and bad for your teeth too....

Buster Hyman
28th Feb 2007, 22:39
Spot on Lobee...

It's so hard for straight people to get anywhere in Oz other than SYD, that they are now sabotaging overflying aircraft to avoid the place!

However, you've strayed from the path re the shops at Tulla. The guy doesn't own shops there...he owns the Federal Govt.!!! He wants the extra tax revenue from all the ports. SYD is maxed out & Singapore Inc. wants extra revenue.

Victorians in Queensland...yes, it's tough, but strange how hardly any of us would want to stop in NSW.... But, Don't you, you, you worry you, you, you young Pressie boys you, you...we'll have QLD up to Victorian standards in no time!:ok:

J430
28th Feb 2007, 22:51
Only good thing about NSW

...............seperates Queensland from Victoria:} :} :E :E

J:ok:

lowerlobe
1st Mar 2007, 02:35
Buster,

Just got the real scoop on the diversion from the land of the great white cloud to Mexico.

Apparently the SQ's skipper heard there was a good takeaway called wok something in Tulla's terminal .As he thinks the food over in the Eastern State sucks he thought he'd get some grub on the way.....the other problem was that they were going to land after 5pm in CHC so everything would have been closed and he wouldn't be able to get a chomp there.

The other problem was that he doesn't like lamb all that much..:E :E :E :E :E

Buster Hyman
1st Mar 2007, 04:33
Ahh Lobee...I like your style.

Drift the thread into a Kiwi bash! Good one!:ok:

lowerlobe
1st Mar 2007, 04:40
Buster..A Kiwi Bash...I woodn't thunk about ut.....

cuz bro they wood niver hev ar go ut us ozzies :E

distracted cockroach
1st Mar 2007, 04:44
I take an opposing viewpoint to the "who gives a toss" brigade. I tend to spend quite a bit of time over the water on ETOPS, so it's always interesting to hear why a modern ER jet has to divert. So it could be a medical emergency or weather or something "non technical", but if it had a mechanical problem it is always something to add to the "what if it happened to me" file.
Don't know about you guys, but I always try to learn from what happens to others, and find those sorts of discussions a bit more interesting than which of the Antipodean countries has more brains, prettier sheep or the better cricket team.:ok:

lowerlobe
1st Mar 2007, 04:58
distracted cockroach...

You will have to understand that Don is a non flyer and his only concept of flying is running for the 4.05 train to the city.The biggest danger he would face at work is the cafeteria downstairs running out of lamingtons for morning tea.

Thats why I made the remark about "sucking the lemon"

As far as my banter with buster...well it's one of those "you would have to of been there" to understand the joke....

Now about the sheep....

Buster Hyman
1st Mar 2007, 07:10
Save Me A Pretty One lobee!!!!!:e

lowerlobe
1st Mar 2007, 10:25
Buster,

I picked out a glam for you....She's blonde , a model for the wool board and her name's Barbara....:hmm:

Buster Hyman
1st Mar 2007, 10:59
Bewdy!:ok:

(Can I borrow yer velcro gloves mate?):}

gimmesumvalium
1st Mar 2007, 20:01
Hey Don, Diving Duck et al.
Couldn't agree with you more. Done a bunch of diversions over my career with various airlines - weather, fuel, company operational requirements etc. All I know is that it's extra hard work for the crew - workload & Flt Time Limits. and an expense for the operator. So it must have been for a good reason.