PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Crew with Low Cost Airlines.

Pandora's Box
26th Feb 2007, 19:27
I was watching the Weakest Link today, and there was a guy on who is Cabin Crew for Easyjet.

I was in uproar when good old Anne asked him "what qualifacations DONT you have to work for a proper airline" :mad: :mad:

Working for a low cost airline myself, im extremely annoyed with this comment and it made me think- do all passengers think this way to, do they all think were not good enough to fly for the likes of BA :sad: :}

All comments welcome, especially from slf :ok:

sir.pratt
26th Feb 2007, 19:36
anne's not really nasty. she's a cuddly softie under that exterior.

it's entertainment. at other people's expense. it's not like it's slander. could it be that the truth hurts? or do you just need to harden up? i remember a girl on there who was a corporate ops manager at (i think) london airport. anne called her 'flash airport' - it was hilarious, especially as anne would more than likely be a customer. be thankful you don't work in a call centre - you'd be outraged every day......

esy
26th Feb 2007, 19:47
I don't think that they work for a low cost airline because of not being good enough to do long haul. Personally, if I had a choice between a long haul and Ezy, my choice would be EZY, because I like the company a lot.

iain8867
26th Feb 2007, 21:34
If you look at any of the occupations on the weakest link, Anne will at some point take the p*** at their expense.

I think that is one of the reasons that the programme is so popular. I personally don't think that LoCo carriers CC are really any different to the likes of BA, we are there for saftey as our primary job. (just to let you know I am not crew for BA, but a charter airline)

I think people see the service side, all the freebies, hot meals and the look of the crew, to pigeon hole people. I don't think that has come out right so let me explain :

Look at EZY's old uniform - shirts, t-shirts, skirts, trousers, combat style trousers etc, etc it was a personal mix and match.

BA - skirts, trousers, blouses, shirts, jackets.

Service - EZY - pay bar, food for purchase

BA - Hot meal or snack, free soft drinks, tea, coffee.

Also a definition of a uniform is

A uniform is a set of standard clothing worn by members of an organisation whilst participating in that organisation's activity.

So ezy looked different and that may make the general public look at them as the poorer relation, it shouldn't do, but it may have an influence on it.

just my personal ramblings

:}

Airbourne-Adamski
1st Mar 2007, 13:06
So ezy looked different and that may make the general public look at them as the poorer relation, it shouldn't do, but it may have an influence on it.

just my personal ramblings

See your point there.

I have been crew for an airline with the 'Suit and Tie ect' and now at EZY i have the smart 'ish' casual one.

BUT our new uniform is on the way, all designed and currently being tested.

have a look

http://www.easy.com/archive/21.12.06EJ.html

I think it shows that this day in age the 'Low cost carrier' is not the cheap nasty way of air travel, but now are real strong professional airlines, with high customer service.

vodkaholic
1st Mar 2007, 15:29
i love EZY's new uniform!

Middle Seat
1st Mar 2007, 16:08
Having flown both easyJet and JetStar recently, I've come to the conclusion that NOBODY looks good in orange, particularly orange in the form of man-made fiber clothing. :eek:

Good thing there is no relation between uniform and flight experience. These were all perfectly on-time, uneventful flights.

Virginia
2nd Mar 2007, 14:43
Sigh. I make a point of telling people I have a degree when I fly, especially those uppity pax. Soon wipes the smiles off their faces :mad:

Airbourne-Adamski
2nd Mar 2007, 16:57
Sigh. I make a point of telling people I have a degree when I fly, especially those uppity pax. Soon wipes the smiles off their faces

er?
Maybe just me having a brain dead moment, but i miss what you meant LOL :\