PDA

View Full Version : EK days off

orangutan
26th Feb 2007, 18:06
Hello,
I am wondering whether anyone can tell me how many days off/ rest days at home per month you would get as an average EK pilot during an average bid month (either fleet). Also, are you likely to have any reasonable blocks of days off ie: four or five days in a row? I understand that 8 days off is the monthly minimum, but is that typical? I have been scouring this forum and APC to find this information, but seem to be having a hard time finding a straight answer. If anyone would care to PM me a copy of their actual roster, that would be wonderful, however any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

Craic Ore
27th Feb 2007, 09:44
As a 330/340 Capt, I've been averaging 9 days off per month over the last year with probably 3 rest days as well. Top months you can do better, but bottom, expect only 8 days off.

Hope that helps.
CO

Backwater
27th Feb 2007, 16:11
And the days off you do get will be spent in a vegetative state due to jet lag and fatigue. And if we think it's bad now, just wait - the 'best' is yet to come!
Keep recovering...

uplock
27th Feb 2007, 17:22
Rostering has allways been a wild card do not see that changing even though we were promised over a year ago...Some months even bottom bids you end up with a dream Roster then you get further up the pole and get shafted in your top bid months.

What I do not understand though is the company will get their Dirhams worth out of you so your now nudging the 12 month 900 hr Limit then you will be rosterd a swag of short haul trips and now the simm support sessions ( even when your in top bid group) just to thank you for reaching the legal limit for Flying hours when instead you should be given rest recovering flights or pairings or a string of days off.

Good to see that hard work does not go un rewarded!

But dont worry your not going to have that problem.......for at least 12 months

orangutan
27th Feb 2007, 19:23
I see, thanks for the info guys.