View Full Version : Island of Islay - EGPI Approch charts

Thorkil
26th Feb 2007, 13:18
Are there any having instrument approach charts for Island of Islay EGPI. There exist apparently some operator NDB/DME approach charts, but not very easy accessible.

parkfell
26th Feb 2007, 14:50
There are regarded as "discrete plates" and the procedures can only be legally flown by approved operators - eg. Loganair, GAMA to name but two.
The reason for this is that full ATC is not present. A FISO service is provided by HIAL to reduce the costs. This lower type of service is not permitted to separate IFR flights - only pass traffic information.

The theory is that only one IFR aircraft will be in the system at once....." I have no known traffic to affect"........"land ~ take-off at your discretion....."

CAP 413 will give you the R/T variations to normal ATC.

niknak
26th Feb 2007, 16:00
It's the same for all airields of a simialr ilk - mostly in Scotland.

The Instrument Approach is only available to those operators who are approved by the CAA and have it as part of their Ops Manual.

Other than that, make a VFR approach or go elsewhere.

Thorkil
26th Feb 2007, 18:01
I understand there is no official information available. My intension was to have some extra backup information for security reasons. Islay will be a part of a tour from Sweden to Denmark, Norway, Faroe Islands and Scotland.:ugh:

Lifes2good
27th Feb 2007, 09:35
This link unfortunately shows how easy it is to get it wrong
I remember being at the Scottish ATC when it happened.

http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19860612-0&lang=en