PDA

View Full Version : Flights from SIN to KUL

grahamm
26th Feb 2007, 08:01
Does anyone have any clues for airfares from SIN to KUL in April, we will be utilising QF staff travel to and from SIN and need some flights as above?

HandyAndy
26th Feb 2007, 23:44
Graham

Did a quick search on SQ website and their fare for a return ticket is S$414 (US$270). I am sure there must be cheaper flights either through a travel agent or maybe with another airline.

You may also with to consider another option though. There are superb coach services runnning directly between the two cities. They have airline style seats (not economy type!) refreshments/video etc. One way is about US$33, city centre to city centre.

Their website is here http://www.parkmayberhad.com/nice.html

You can check online for seat availability etc. for a particular day/trip.

Good luck.

Rush2112
1st Mar 2007, 10:34
Currently SQ and MAS operate a duopoly: there are NO LCCs operating between SIN and KUL. SGD414 sounds about right.

There is a 'shuttle' service, you turn up at the airport and queue, I think it works out about $300 return but I have never tried it.

HA is right about the coaches, they are an option but it's a min of 5 hours, and because customs coming back into SGP are a pain, you can spend up to an hour there while they unload the coach and luggage and check everything - their point (I assume) being that cigarette and mucky DVD smugglers more likely to take a cheaper transport option so they need to be more thorough.

Go to BKK or CGK instead with Tiger or Valuair.

XSBaggage
1st Mar 2007, 13:36
I have used the shuttle. Both times it was SQ aircraft, but it is run (as Rush2112 says) as a complete duopoly. They even have a separate timetable with both airlines flights in it. You turn up at the airport, buy a flight and take a ticket, and when they call your number you go forward and check in. It cost us approximately US$120 each way.

The other option is to fly from KUL to Johor Bahru with Air Asia. This airport is just across the border from Singapore, and the airline has a bus which operates directly to the centre of the city. This could work out a lot cheaper. I had flights booked but decided to lose the money and fly on the SQ/MAS shuttle instead to avoid an early early rise. They were so cheap I didn't mind losing the price of the non-refundable ticket.

XSB

XSBaggage
1st Mar 2007, 13:45
Or actually after I posted there I took a quick look at expedia out of interest. Sri Lankan fly that route (I presume as a continuation of a Colombo flight) and a random date search showed £93 (Sterling) return. Actually much cheaper than the shuttle.

XSB

Rush2112
4th Mar 2007, 01:03
Actually that's true, I had forgotten that. JAL as well I think but only one flight a day.

Impress to inflate
4th Mar 2007, 15:47
Have a look at Malaysian Airlines, years ago I was bumped in KL and had a flight out of Sin, cost me £28 at the gate (some years ago) Great flight, they leave (or used to) every 45 mins.

13Alpha
4th Mar 2007, 18:11
much the same experience as above - flew SIN to KUL with MAS just over a year ago. Cost GBP130 return.

Return flight was a bit late but pretty good service all round.

13Alpha