26th Feb 2007, 04:54
Hi guys

just recieved this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijh24RYvQpw

comments please:D

TR:ok:

Oblaaspop
26th Feb 2007, 07:06
Gotta say, that was some pretty impressive car handling. Didn't think the Echo could go that fast!

Joking aside, it would please me greatly to see a final scene with that car and its occupants wrapped around a lamp post (or palm tree, I'm not fussy!), in order to save my family being rear ended by these tosspots on the SZR one day in the future!

ekpilot
26th Feb 2007, 07:16
Try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkjN70vs69I

It would be hilarious if I had not nearly been a victim of the way these morons drive. Sadly other innocent people have been.

Alpha 6
26th Feb 2007, 11:53
Oblaaspop, I think the car is hyundai...not an echo

Driver showed good drifting skills...and above the law

Ali Bin Somewhere
26th Feb 2007, 13:27
sad thing is in the final scene...

the idiots walk away from the burning wreck and the charred remains of the innocent victims end up on the front of gulf news for all to see.

sooner the police/gov grow some b***'s and lock up these idiots the better off we will all be.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ray Darr
26th Feb 2007, 19:03
Yeah that couldn't have been a Toyota Echo. The Echo is THE gift of choice by the "Shakey's" to certain top "peformers" (their squeezes - aka Flight Attendants that are FA's strictly on paper / payroll / Work Visa - but are actually darn good at giving said "Shakey's" "velly glood massaaaage" or "Habibi-Rubs" who are also carvorted about like pieces of meat by said "Shakey's"...etc etc...).

No wonder Casa was one of the first destinations of the new airline now run by Hogie. Oh Toasted Hogie...what a mired fun-house you signed on to... :cool:

Yep, them "Shakey's" sure love giving them Echo's away as "gifts", don't they?! :p :ok:

...why do the "Shakey's" wear sunglasses indoors, by the way??? :sad:

Gillegan
27th Feb 2007, 06:35
While I can definitely moan and complain with the best of them, I thought that I would pass this little experience along. Perhaps there is a light at the end of the tunnel (or is that just the Land Cruiser coming the wrong way):

While driving yesterday, an idiot in a Land Cruiser with blacked out windows literally ran me off the road. As I pulled up behind him at the next light to get on the Trade Centre R/A, I laid on the horn and he reversed (but did not hit me). He then pulled into the round-a-bout, sped across 4 lanes to the outside, almost caused 3 accidents and then drifted back across the 4 lanes to the inside - 2 more TCAS R/A's. It goes without saying that this was all without indicating (you lose points for indicating). As he finally dashed back against traffic to exit onto SZR, he managed to get the vehicle up onto 2 wheels.

I did manage to get his plate number and as I was on my way to the Police Station anyway on another errand, I thought that I would let the Police know what happened as this was certainly one of the most egregious displays of rudeness/recklessness that I've seen in my 12 years here. When I told the police what happened, I was ushered into the chief's office who listened, and in exasperation said that they realized that they had to do something about people like this. He looked the guy up and said that he would follow it up. He later called me personally and said that the driver confessed (the police here have a 100% confession rate;) ) and that they would be issuing a fine. :D

While caning would have been too good for this guy, it at least seems that the police are trying to take this seriously and are not letting people off simply because they all have the same middle name (Al).

BigGeordie
27th Feb 2007, 07:11
Hmmm... Wonder how they get a 100% confession rate? I'd have thought it was just your word against his. Still, as you say, at least they are taking the problem seriously at last.

Ray Darr
27th Feb 2007, 09:13
100% confession??

...They usually make "AL" sit on a Coke bottAL while the Coppers go through the motions. :eek:

Except for the previously mentioned girls-who-drive-Echo's, that would be a rather unpleasant "sit"-uation to be forced into for most people, which would likely results in a full signed confession (no doubt followed by a quickie-trip to the local clinic!) :uhoh:

PROPER POLICE FORCES - note I did not just say one single police officer, but the holistic "FORCES" here - KNOW HOW TO STOP MORONIC DRIVERS.

Proper TRAINING of drivers from well before they start driving results in proper drivers (primarily a government function, since less crashes result in less loss of work-force...trips to over-used hospitals...municipalities needing to purchase additional land for cemeteries, etc...).

Proper behaviour by a society as a whole does NOT result in the "ME ME ME I'M FIRST!" attitude when driving - surprisingly seen by those who are slower than sloth's at doing "normal" work, but put a windscreen in front of them (usually a darkened one) and they have to out-qualify the fastest drag racers... :=

These wide-ranging issues are ones that governments in soon-to-be-considered "developing" countries *cough cough* just have not tackled very well...at ALL. :uhoh:

Having said that, one wishes gun use was allowed to instantly discourage the morons out there....!!! :ok: :ok: :ok:

BigGeordie
27th Feb 2007, 12:24
Good grief no, if that is what they are like with a Landcruiser imagine what they would be like with an AK47. (A hand gun just wouldn't cut it - "Mine's bigger than yours" and all that.)

Alpha 6
27th Feb 2007, 14:54
just look how they play with the AK-47 (spinning endlessly and throwing it up high in the air)

ruserious
27th Feb 2007, 17:33
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-2063667852598904740 is where our CS drivers get their training, no wonder they are so skilled

vbrules
28th Feb 2007, 17:32
Drive here at your own peril. They believe In'sh'allah; it means if you are going to die it is God's will; if that is the case driving at 300kph or the speed limit is no different; if you are meant to die you will die; if not, you wont. Shame about the rest of us and our families.
Be afraid...be very afraid.