PDA

View Full Version : C421 maximum crosswind

vres
25th Feb 2007, 22:12
Hi,
Im solving question what is the maximum (or demonstrated) crosswind component for Cessna 421. I cannot find anything in the POH and also search on the net was not successful.
Maybe anyone there know the answer for me? It would be very appreciated.
Also some values for contamined runway would be helpful.

Thanks very much, Im really looking forward for possible answers.

benhurr
26th Feb 2007, 00:48
Well, all I can suggest is that you have another look in the POH. If the demonstrated crosswind limit isn't in there then all I can suggest is that there are pages missing...Who knows what other information you might be lacking;)

buzzc152
26th Feb 2007, 08:25
In the 402 & 404 the demonstrated crosswind is 18kts. The POH goes on to say there should be no significant control problems at a higher xwind speeds.

zakka
19th Mar 2007, 22:46
You are absolutely right that it is not mentioned in the original POH. There is a supplement out though named report no. FT421C-17. That is a supplement made for the British flight manual for the C421C. In there it says the following:

"The crosswind component in which the airplane has been demonstrated to be safe for t/o and landing is 17 kts measured at a height of 10 metres above the rwy surface. This crosswind produced no critical control conditions, and operation under more severe conditions should be satisfactory"

Zakka

transilvana
20th Mar 2007, 08:34
I flew the C421 for a while and remember that xwind was 17kts max, anyway this aircraft handle really good in xwind, probably the best one I´ve flown. Bad points are the brakes on short fields and be careful with the turbo stop-over times, wait 3 minutes after shocks for stopping engines.