PDA

View Full Version : TAG Farnborough

l8starter
25th Feb 2007, 09:49
Gentlemen of the corporate world !

A short while ago somebody requested information about TAG,without much success.I would like to have another go,there must be some TAG drivers out there;or are they all working tooooooooooooo hard ? Or maybe they are enjoying a sun soaked beach somewhere ?

Im one of many Bacon Rashers considering jumping ship at the moment,and would like some idea about life at TAG.The usual stuff,is there a roster or do you live your life on the end of a phone;I am prepared to be flexible but are the company if/when necessary;I understand there is a pension but are thre any other extras,medical,loss of licence ect ? No previous corporate experience so I dont really know how it all works;do contracts depend on the aircaft and where its based,or is there a standard contract with TAG ? Im currently a skipper on the E145,and I understand ther Legacy is based in Geneva.Could I afford to live there,or should I be considering a Hawker job at Farnborough,and would I enjoy flying that after the Embraer ?

Tune in next week for these and many more questions-and some answers hopefully ???????????

Flintstone
25th Feb 2007, 10:25
I joined TAG Farnborough about five months ago so don't claim to be all knowing. I can say however that I am thoroughly enjoying it. Being treated as an adult and professional is so refreshing.

I can only answer for my own deal as it seems to vary from aircraft to aircraft and owner to owner. Am I being worked to death? Not a bit of it. Am I on the beach? Enough days a month, yes:cool:

It seems to be that as long as the aircraft is crewed the company do not interfere leaving us to organise our lives among ourselves. We are lucky enough to have two full crews but I'm not sure what other arrangements might be.

Pension etc? Yes.

If you're looking to get in to this type of flying you could do a lot worse (and I'm sure someone out there knows of a lot better ;) )

l8starter
25th Feb 2007, 11:03
Thanx for the reply Flinstone.Wot Aircraft are you flying out of Farnborough ?

Flintstone
26th Feb 2007, 01:21
The (Currie) Wot is an aerobatic single seater I believe ;)

You have a PM.

bizantin
26th Feb 2007, 07:04
I wish I was a brit...I would have applied. Still have to stick with Netjets waiting room of something else.

Flintstone
26th Feb 2007, 08:06
bizantin

Not all the aircraft managed by TAG Farnborough are based there. There are some based in Cairo, Paris........other places.

l8starter
26th Feb 2007, 11:21
Flinstone thanks for the PM.Have just PM'd you back with my number but your box is full so wouldnt accept it I'm afraid.I work away from home and am about to leave for the next 5 days.If you could PM me a contact number and time(s) then i would appreciate a chat.Once again many thanks L8.

buger T
3rd Mar 2007, 01:48
Good folks in farborough, nice lil town. I fly the Hawker and the ERJ 145. My favorite is the Emb, comfortable and simple. The Hawker very much the same simplicity smaller cockpit. once your in the seat not too bad.

Falconman
4th Mar 2007, 22:50
Do any of you guys know about the hiring process at TAG (their recent ad in Flight). I sent in my CV thinking I would tick some of the boxes - experience / types flown etc- but have heard diddly squat (so far).

Is no news bad news?