PDA

View Full Version : SAA restructuring info

ERASER
25th Feb 2007, 07:57
Restructuring consultants : Seabury Group
They have been involved in most of the major airline restructuring including that of Northwest Airlines, Us Airways, Air Canada, America West, Continental Airlines, Qantas and KLM.
Restructuring will take 12 - 18 month's.

A new business structure is envisage that will comprise a "newco" that is an investment holding company. Reporting into this company will be fully ring-fenced businesses that are stand alone profit centres, with independent strategies (BEE partners) that contribute to group profitability.
SAA Airline
SA Town centres
SAA Call centres
SAA Voyager
SAA Cargo
SAA Technical
Mango
SAA Ground Handling

New Destinations
Munich, Chicago (?), Buenos Aires, Libreville & Kilimanjaro
Cancelled Destinations
Zurich

Very interesting and I really hope it works for them!

E

Avi8tor
25th Feb 2007, 10:51
Great Idea!!! Only prob is none of those businesses could stand on there own feet without me, the tax payer, pitching in.

Somebody will make a huge consulting fee, then after a few yrs, they will be off like, the rest.

Until SAA is told to sink or swim, the airline industry in SA will never have a chance of making real gains, for both staff and shareholders.

V2+ A Little
25th Feb 2007, 11:07
Quite right, they should do nothing then :ugh: .

Slave to Love
25th Feb 2007, 12:40
Hello Chaps...

Just heard, and bare in mind that this is a rumour network, restructuring means getting rid of a few people at SAA, accross the board.

Talk is 3000-4000 people over a set period

Currently SAA have international consultants from Delta, Swiss and another assisting...

Looks like they need all the assistance they can get...being a government funded airline, controlled by the unions...:ugh:

Cheers

MrBernoulli
25th Feb 2007, 13:53
Does SAA really have that many folk, of a paler complection, still to 'get rid' of?

CJ750
25th Feb 2007, 18:18
Are You By Any Chance A Pale Pilot At Saa :o

4HolerPoler
25th Feb 2007, 18:58
Don't go there guys.

If you've got a point to make on a racial issue and it's relevant then say it. But please don't stir the pot.

4HP

Ibhayi
25th Feb 2007, 19:30
What happened to the idiots there who appointed Harbinger or what ever his name is the Ex Swiss guy and said he has good experience.

Do they not know he is currently on trial in Switzerland for fraud I think? I think the court case is in relation to the bankruptcy.

Also he is responsible for the largest bankruptcy if swiss history, that of Swiss Airlines but he is good enough for SAA.

What idiots.

beechbum
26th Feb 2007, 01:07
CJ750, deleted my post as it was not warranted. To answer your question not yet but sooooooon!

Frogman1484
26th Feb 2007, 01:44
Is this a Titanic reshuffling the chairs on the deck exercise. Because the problem is a lot far deeper than just creating little sections...how about the corruption and bribery going on in all levels of government. Sort out that first and the rest will become a lot easier to make work. How about getting proper leaders in top positions, who can make decisions that will benefit SAA and not their deep pockets

hiflyerz
26th Feb 2007, 06:12
Well said 'Frogman'.....couldn't agree with you more! SAA can utilize all the consultants they want, pay them millions, but as long as the airline has 'political interference' (I am not talking about financial interference/bailouts), there will be no change, only a waste of money. Until then............cheers!!