PDA

View Full Version : CX/KA... Best and Worst crew Hotels

Night Watch
25th Feb 2007, 02:03
As I like to think of my self as an optimist, I'll start with the best first....

Best... Melbourne. Great rooms (especially if they give you a suite), good location (walking distance from the MCG)

Worst... Where to start? I'm sure the Captains will disagree, as they stay in the new wing but, for me this title goes to Bangkok. :mad: Rooms (this really only applies to the old wing), my last room had cockroaches and smelt like :yuk: . Crap location... nowhere near town and now up to an hour and a half in traffic to the new airport.

I'm sure everyone has there best/worst, so lets hear it! Would especially like to hear from the KA crew on the state of the China hotels.

buggaluggs
25th Feb 2007, 10:57
Best... Frankfurt , breakie by the river has been known to take 2 hours! :ok: not to mention the local amber tonic/pigs knuckle vendors :D

Worst Vancouver , by a long shot! :yuk: the only saving grace being the very short walk to the foggy dew :}

greencandreaming
25th Feb 2007, 11:28
BEST : Toss up between Frankfurt , Dubai and Melbourne (probably should not put the good ones up , they would certainly get changed to a Best Western ie Seoul

WORST : Tokyo for sure , the rest aren't even in the contest ( i have stayed in run down Aboriginal quest house with better standards than that hotel )

Yeager
25th Feb 2007, 18:11
Best: Frankfurt/Mainz.

Worst: most of the other ones, in particular LAX, LON - real ****holes.

Get some sleep.
Y

energie
25th Feb 2007, 18:54
which ones do you guys stay at in yvr? i'm surprised that cx actually house you guys in a bad hotel, seeing there are barely any bad hotels in the area!

pm me if you feel more appropriate

ps. yeager, is your first name chuck? :) ok my appologies, that was lame.

HKG Phooey
25th Feb 2007, 22:03
:\

TPE....

:{ please dont make me go!!!!

what a :mad: dump.......

moosp
26th Feb 2007, 00:22
Best from memory FRA as agreed above.

Worst, don't get me started... TPE, both are woeful. Haven't been to YVR, but it sounds way below acceptable. Last time in LHR was appalling too.

Trouble is the guy who chooses the hotels is not a pilot, rarely stays overnight in the hotel and is interested only in price. No Association input is accepted.

Like the way a few years ago he put us and the cabin crew in a place in LAX that on one side was a very dangerous part of town to walk around, especially after dark. That was reeeeal smart.

Follow the Follow Me
26th Feb 2007, 02:17
TPE is one of the better hotels on the KA network.

cpdude
26th Feb 2007, 03:43
No, trouble is we don't have a say...period!:\

330dryver
26th Feb 2007, 05:14
WTF!!!!...........TPE one of the better ones on the KA network.

You can't be serious. ****e hotel, in ****e location. Would rather stay in any other KA hotel than this one.

Best. PVG. 5star hotel, free food and grog in Executive Lounge. Close to many, many nice pubs and resturants.

OldChinaHand
26th Feb 2007, 21:40
A330dryver, when Doris reads your post, expect another slice of your PVG allowances. Wise man !! :ugh:

Cpt. Underpants
26th Feb 2007, 22:29
JNB Hotel - worst IMHO.

OK accomodation, but in a very dangerous area. Pimps & hookers outside the gate, drug deals on the street, "taxi wars" (AK-47 shootouts) outside the gates, car-jackings, chaotic traffic...it's just a matter of time before a crew member gets caught up in the mayhem.

330dryver
27th Feb 2007, 03:58
Thanks Old China Hand, some people just cant resist the opportunity for a dig on an otherwise friendly thread. :confused:

Oh and Doris ( because I bet you spend most of your time reading pprune:hmm: ) please don't take my allowances away.

There..........everyones happy!:)

sisyphos
27th Feb 2007, 12:07
worst : HEADLAND....:}

HKG Phooey
1st Mar 2007, 03:51
Pimps & hookers outside the gate
Sounds like PEK...... :ouch:

C-152Captain
1st Mar 2007, 04:51
The PARK INN in London. Now that's a dump!!!

Flying Bagel
1st Mar 2007, 07:11
FRA by far is the nicest one. Nice location, great food, nice rooms. German TV can get on your nerves though, I find.

PAR, on the other hand, I'm always reminded to take the ****tiest bag I've got just in case someone wants to slash it open while I'm out on the piss.

Knutsford
1st Mar 2007, 09:03
The PARK INN in London. Now that's a dump!!!

Don't worry, you won't be staying there much longer.

Night Watch
1st Mar 2007, 11:03
Knutsford

Don't worry, you won't be staying there much longer.

Why?? Is there a rumour that we are moving?

404 Titan
1st Mar 2007, 14:05
Yep about the middle of March to some place closer to town.

BusyB
1st Mar 2007, 14:38
The AOA members amongst you would be far better off putting this thread on the AOA forum:)

mizzy
6th Mar 2007, 18:42
:ok: FRA - very nice room and great food in the hotel (esp. the breakfast), around & w/i walking distant.
:ok: LON - room is clean, that's all but they have TVB "HK TV channel". As I am a "HK-ize", it means a lot. Going to miss it and the coffee machine at the crew room -- my other favours!
:) BKK - as stated by others, nice at the new wing and your luck at the old wing. very nice Thai food at the lobby.
:) SFO - normal condition but in great location, right at downtown.
:) LAX - not bad if you are an American or Disney lovers. room condition is ok but not location - far from everything, the normal LA.
:ok: ANC - very nice view and nice room
:rolleyes: JFK - in the heart of the city, usual early 90's room codition and better to have a pair of ear plugs ready.
:ok: DXB - It's DXB, can't complain anymore
:= JNB - the room is fair but not the location (even in the hotel) - very danger place.

tifters
7th Mar 2007, 09:12
Jakarta Shangri La and BATS bar!!!! Does it get any better???? A day off to play golf, aaaggghhhhh.........oh s$%t thats right we dont stay there anymore......buggger!!!

jtr
7th Mar 2007, 10:55
"The AOA members amongst you would be far better off putting this thread on the AOA forum"

Why?:rolleyes:

goathead
8th Mar 2007, 03:54
How come no one has mentioned how FANTASTIC KUL is !! ....awesome !
The worst western at ICN in summer ..forgettabout it !
BAH is getting pretty bloody average as well , rooms not clean human hair( ??) left every where ...beg bugs ....getting pretty disgusting I tell you ! and we wont mention the state of the AC....
The hotels we get in India put these things to SHAME!....
Try doing the 3night ICN -NRT - KUL INTERGRATE...enough to bring one to your knees ....I swear whenever I get ONE OF THESE I will pick up the ph and call 8499 ...but then I just look forward to the P/S annoncement and it just keeps on bringing me back for more...!
:D