PDA

View Full Version : Avalon - Breaking the Barriers

GK430
24th Feb 2007, 12:03
Coming down to the show for the third time. The show website does not even give any details of static show aircraft.
Does anyone know what to expect.
The Wedgetail was a nice surprise in '05. Has it entered RAAF service yet?
Will the RAAF C-17 be there?

I saw VH-XBA at Southend. It would be so good to see that in a flypast with the Connie:D
I guess it went to the museum or is it still at SYD?

Any info on participants most welcome.

bentleg
24th Feb 2007, 19:58
Have a read of the article in the latest Australian Flying. Probably as much as you will get. They say the C17 will be there. Static aircraft are probably still being finalised.

GK430
24th Feb 2007, 21:25
Thanks Bentleg - as far as i can see, can only find current Aus Flying cover on line - can the article be found online?
No hassle - be there soon.

bentleg
25th Feb 2007, 00:12
You might have to lash out and buy a copy. Another good article on marshalling at Avalon - and guess who will be a marshall at Avalon and Avalon East?

GK430
25th Feb 2007, 09:42
Not on sale in my local newsagent - but that should not be surprising.

Enjoy the show, if the last two are anything to go by - you'll be busy!

bentleg
25th Feb 2007, 10:13
Its the March/April issue of Australian Flying that I received a couple of days ago (as a subscriber). It may not have hit the newsagent yet. It has a Seabird Seeker on the cover.

can only find current Aus Flying cover on line

Thats not the latest cover (or the prior one).

GK430
25th Feb 2007, 19:16
Hey Bentleg, I have seen the cover online and their is mention of Avalon on the front. (Think it was a site advertising magazines)
I am sure of this, even though, as you can see, I am having to read it upside down:ok: