PDA

View Full Version : European Pilot Academy in Malta

Billo
24th Feb 2007, 11:31
Hi All

Does anybody heard something about European Pilot Academy in Malta?
Are they approved by JAA???

likair
24th Feb 2007, 11:56
Yes they are JAA

Billo
24th Feb 2007, 12:07
Thank You
Is It a good school to go? I'm planing to join this school.
Do you have any information about them?
Thank you once again.

likair
24th Feb 2007, 12:22
http://www.falconalliance.com/Home/tabid/53/Default.aspx

hope this helps!
:ok:

Billo
24th Feb 2007, 13:00
Just in Case you'll have some extra information please let me know.
Thank You.

skylog
10th Mar 2007, 10:43
Linthorst, could you give reasons why?

Billo
10th Mar 2007, 15:58
:confused: Why not?
Do You have any reason?
Share with us please!

Billo
10th Mar 2007, 16:00
Do You Know anything about This school???

Billo
10th Mar 2007, 20:50
Why you saing so?
Did You have bad experiance with them?

Billo
10th Mar 2007, 21:25
:confused: Does anybody else heard something or had experiance with this school???
I need to make my desigion! HELP ME PLEASE

Billo
11th Mar 2007, 09:59
Why did you cancel your messeges?

fabiensf
11th Mar 2007, 11:34
I live in Malta. I haven't heard anything negative about EPA, they seem to have very experienced staff. I chose to go to a different school for my PPL purely because the other school have 4 cessnas. Billo will you be joining the 1st officer course?

Billo
11th Mar 2007, 13:16
fabiensf
Yes I`m planing to join 1st officer course!
I asked because there was negative thread about this school yesterday, but today the threads was erased?
If You Have any useful information could You let me know.

Thank You

Icarus_
11th Mar 2007, 18:27
My knowledge of this school is very limited, but I offer whatever I know. The following includes my observations and also some second hand information which I have obtained from a friend who trained there (I hope he does not mind me quoting him, but I do this only as an attempt to help those who may be considering this school).

First of all, it is a newish school, having been all over the local papers as being "The first JAA approved FTO in Malta", I have down quite a lot of flying in Malta over the last few years, and personally I don't know why they bothered to gain JAA approval as the Maltese do things the Maltese way and scr*w all the others. The school certainly appears to do things their own way. The man in charge there, who I have spoken with on the phone once or twice is a prize clown, a man who has been there and done it all, got the t-shirt etc etc . . . needless to say I would (my personal opinion) not go there if I was looking to do my PPL or any other flight training. But that is just the man in charge, they may have good instructors, you never know.

As I've said, a friend of mine trained there, and did not receive much help in the way of ground training and says he did all the PPL theory on his own, but still got charged for it. A lot of bad is said of their aircraft, Tecnams, I've never flown one but they offer trial flights so why not go and try it out, if it suits you then consider training there. As with everything in life its down to the individual to make up their own mind, what works for some may not work for others, my only direct contact with the school has been in a telephone call with the man in charge. My freind on the other hand spent some months there and backs up my impression of the man.

I am happy with where I am training, but they are not cheap (DO NOT ASK ME WHERE I AM TRAINING, I WON'T SAY), but things here are not perfect here either. It is not cheap here (where I am) but I made a decision at the beginning of my course, after speaking with many experienced pilots, that QUALITY IS NOT CHEAP and you have to be prepared to spend some money in order to receive QUALITY training.

There will of course be people who have had good experiences at EPA and I am not saying that my friend regrets ever going there, he does feel however that a little more money spent at another school would have made his PPL training more enjoyable, afterall flight training should be fun.
Unfortunately there seems to be a few schools out there who get their priorities a little confused and neglect the student, who at the end of the day is a customer and deserves to be satisfied.

As stated before, I visit Malta on business fairly often, and can say that you should not be fooled by the EPA web site that Malta is the "best" place to fly, or that they are the "best" in europe, go see for yourself of even better, spend a little bit more and go to an established school that has a good reputation and don't spend your hard earned cash just to be some new schools guinea pig.

Good Luck

and if you've read this far, well done!

ain't anonimity great?

Zarb
10th Jun 2007, 22:51
Yup, Billo I have heard about them and I even trained with them.
If anyone from epa reads this, they will know who wrote it, so I am not hiding behind anonimity.
My PPL training was a nightmare, it began well, but things very quickly went sour. They are a business not a school and they certainly are no where near to an "academy". Unfortnately I have to refrain from giving my full opinion of the place and the people but, suffice to say, I am 100% positive that you WILL get better training elsewhere for much much cheaper. There are plenty of hidden costs involved at epa.

Seriously you are better off doing the course closer to home instead of travelling to a foreign place where they will play you into a corner from which the only escape is to finish the course as amicably as possible.

I hope that this helps you, more importantly I hope that you have not already enrolled with them as I realise that this topic/thread has been dorment for a couple of months.

rayanair1
22nd Sep 2012, 14:45
can you please help me with a very good flying school in europe or in france or in UK FROM 0 TO ATPL

Notso Fantastic
23rd Sep 2012, 11:05
Aren't the cross-countrys a tad limited in Malta?

xrufiozo
26th Jul 2017, 15:04
Any fresh opinions about the school, e.g.: the condition and availability of the aircraft and instructors. I'm considering doing IR+ME+CPL there...

bidibibodibibu
3rd Aug 2017, 09:05
As xrufiozo asked, Any fresh news/feedbacks for the Europan Pilot Academy in Malta?