PDA

View Full Version : New Heights Of Absurdity

Cpt. Underpants
23rd Feb 2007, 21:01
Just learned that a GOLF CART (picture below) traded hands in Discovery bay for ...
HKD730 000. That's USD93 400.
For one of these...
http://www.dells-camping.com/images/par%20car.jpg
Insane.

CAN-NOT!!
23rd Feb 2007, 22:17
Capt. Underpants,
The one pictured is actually a nice one!! None of the ones I've seen at Discovery Bay are in that good a condition.

CAN-NOT!!

preset
24th Feb 2007, 06:03
There are a restricted number of licence plates issued in DB & obviously you can't drive a golf buggy on the roads without one. The licence plate is what you are paying most of the money for. Supply & demand. I guess when you buy one you hope the market doesn't collapse before you come to sell :ooh:

throw a dyce
24th Feb 2007, 07:06
£50K for a Fred Flintstone car.Bet Fred could go faster even uphill.If a number plate costs that much at least put it on something good.Don't pay it.WALK
Ex DB'er:}

Mr. Bloggs
24th Feb 2007, 07:14
How much they rent for, $15000 a month? Do they come with someone's Wife? Got a picture of the wife? Might be worth it, but then again?

CAN-NOT!!
24th Feb 2007, 08:19
Mr. Bloggs,

having one of those in DB is equivalent to driving a Farrari anywhere else in the world!!

Imagine all the honeys you can pick on your way back home from 7-Eleven! (The B scale bar).

BlueEng
24th Feb 2007, 10:46
A lot of people are turning to these status symbols as a good investment opportunity. Just think, 750k outlay, and around 6k a month rental. To get 6k a month from property, you have to fork out double that. Second hand carts go for around the same as new, as stated earlier, you pay for the licence, not the cart so resale is almost guaranteed. Once the apartment is nearly paid off by CX, remortgage to 'do some renovations', get a golf cart instead, and take the cash! (it also makes it easier to get to and from others wives places!!)

throw a dyce
24th Feb 2007, 11:19
Status symbol?:8 I used to p:mad: ss myself laughing at Upper set posing around in their Noddy mobiles;especially the ''H'' ones with real cardboard brakes.Just look at yourselves, it's way past ridiculous. Top Gear please blow one of these heaps up.

FlexibleResponse
25th Feb 2007, 03:21
If you lock people up on a Prison Island and:

1. Control the bus services
2. Control the ferry services.
3. Control the shops.
4. Control the Marina.
5. Control the other major amenities.
6. Control the roads.
7. Control the licencing for Golf Carts.
8. Did I forget the Kindergarden and School?

Hmmm...makes a lot of sense really!

...and yet many folks still find the good factors outweigh the bad?

Numero Crunchero
25th Feb 2007, 14:02
Wow,
I didn't know Hong Kong island had golf carts now!