PDA

View Full Version : Realistic BBJ Crew Contract

mutt
23rd Feb 2007, 17:15
Looking at bringing a BBJ into the ME for a local guy.

Trying to establish what is a "realistic crew contract?",

Time on / off?
Hotel or housing allowance?
Salary?
Other perks?

Anyone want to give me some advice?

Mutt

unablereqnavperf
25th Feb 2007, 10:21
Don't know what is realistic but I could tell you what I would expect! I curremntly fly corporate and have lots of time on 737.

mutt
25th Feb 2007, 16:32
but I could tell you what I would expect

Please tell.... :)

Mutt

international hog driver
25th Feb 2007, 19:55
Hi Mutt,

In answer to your question, we are in very much the same boat. Trying to convince our boss that if he wants to upgrade from the present beast to a global roamer then the crews will not stand being away for weeks on end.

Let me rephrase that, the wives wont put up with it.

It all depends on where, A mate of mine is with Royal and has the whole family in the sandpit. Others do not.

Living in KSA, no matter how good the compound is, if you up root the family to the sandpit and then the boss has you on the road all the time......... you know the story.

Look at all the contracts advertised for Moscow basings...... it is only a matter of time before all long range jobs will go to equal time contracts.

So answers

4 on 4 off or 5/5, why???? 2/2 or 3/3 like the oilys is too short and 6/6 is too long, when i was touring and my wife stayed in Europe we found 5/5 was the best.

Week 1 she had a ball got the place the way she wanted
Week 2/3 she was out with the girls and catching up with other mum's
Week 4 she had something that needed fixing tap / car etc...(dont get funny ideas you lot)!
Week 5 she was really looking forward to me coming back.

Since then kids have come onto the scene and anthing more then 5 anit gonna work full stop.

If the guys are rotating back to back and based then a 2 bed room serviced appartment is all you need. One guy gets his own room and shares the rest of the place with his back to back.

If however you are on the road constantly then hotel accomodation is better.

Salary for the BBJ would be at least 10 per month with a daily per diem if you want to attract and keep the right guys. There are plenty of guys that can pole an NG about the place but not many that have the corporate mind set of hurry-up-and-wait.......

Perks..... well that all depends upon your basing, hours and requirements down line. Not too far back I meet a fellow on 10K euros per month flying something big and he will do under 100 hours this year.

I will do over 400 hours this year and its all for a private operator, we are not commercial. We too were looking at something bigger (BBJ/ACJ) but have decided to go either Global or GV for operational reasons.

With the explosion of private aircraft in the sandpit and more and more instances of ramp rash, the lack of hangar space in some places (KSA) then bigger is not always better.

unablereqnavperf
26th Feb 2007, 00:15
Mutt have e-mailed you.

mutt
1st Mar 2007, 03:06
To the 2 gentlemen here and the others who sent PM's. Thank you for your responses.

Mutt

Gulfstreamaviator
1st Mar 2007, 03:29
Mutt is raising a very interesting point, on behalf of his friend.

When in Moscow all or 99.9% of all contracts are ether 50/50 or at worst 70/30, and it does depend on your family ideals as to which is best for you.
I prefered 70/30, but others with family prefered 50/50.
There was a small increase of use of crew apartments, due to the increasing cost of hotels, limited availability, and in some cases the desire to have "own" accomodation. I have had apartments, and 5 star hotels, I can not honestly say which I prefered, both had theier benefits.
I suspect the trend is more towards "apartments, and a 60/40 rotation. This does generate problems with crew swops, but assuming companies have thought ahead, shold not be a major problem. BUT I would not be happy "sharing MY apartment". But thats just me.

Obviously the cash advantage of the sand pit, was all ruling, but these days there is no advantage, and as such moving family out here is not a realistic option.
There is one well known company in DBX that is seeking captains for a medium range aircraft, (or two), and offering 7000US per month.....( 3500stg per month) all inclusive...... how can you live, with any family.......in DBX, support an air conditioning unit, and motor car......and bank any "savings".....
I can only assume those of us with experience will vote with our feet. In my case I have done Moscow, and need sun on my old bones....

Glf

B737rider
1st Mar 2007, 12:47
Dear Mutt.
Hope you received my mail and that you could help me as well with what I mentioned in the PM.

All the best from
B737 rider.