PDA

View Full Version : Someone Take a Look!

Knightpilot
23rd Feb 2007, 16:36
Hello all,

First of all, thank you to all have contributed to this forum the wealth of information on the subject is extraordinary.

I have submitted my application for direct entry Second Officer. I have 2748 total, 1400 turbine, 74 turbine PIC. I also have two type ratings. I spent some time instructing and flying freight. About 600 hours FO at an American regional flying the EMB-170. Currently employed in a corporate flight department.

What can I do to help bring my application to the top of the pile? Would submitting a letter of recommendation from a current Cathay Pacific pilot help? Phone calls to HR?

I am getting a quote from the tattoo parlor for a very tasteful Cathay Pacific logo. I am just trying to see how to get the chance to show it to an interviewer.

Thank you in advance for your courteous replies.

neilb767
24th Feb 2007, 03:49
Wow, wish I had though of getting a CX tatoo before my interview.

Can I suggest you get it tatooed on your BUTT !, after the interview when they ask you if u got any more questions, just stand up, drop your shorts and show it to em :}

The Messiah
24th Feb 2007, 05:51
Update every month.

ThrustRef
25th Feb 2007, 00:51
Call recruitement and ask about your status and when the next interviews in your area will be.
I did this as did a bunch of others that I know and we all got the call shortly after.
Cheers

MinimaNoContact
25th Feb 2007, 00:58
Funny how it works... when I got the call for stage one, I hadnt updated in over a year and this is after 3yrs of updating every month and calling them. So I stopped, didnt bother... then I got the call.
For info had over 4000 with about 1500 jet.

Knightpilot
25th Feb 2007, 12:18
Thank you again for your generous advice.

junior_man
3rd Mar 2007, 02:28
If you have the time, go to one of the Air inc job fairs and meet the recruiters. Consider it a 2 minute interview and be prepared :-)