PDA

View Full Version : hour building cost sharing..

stevoneil
23rd Feb 2007, 13:23
heres a question from a nieve ppl wannabe.

I know that you cannot charge for customers to fly with you to make a profit but sharing the cost is acceptable so is it not possible to advertise flights on a cost sharing basis to gain hours on a licence?

im guessing theres a pretty quick answer to this one but i thought id test the water with it anyway.

foxmoth
23rd Feb 2007, 14:23
so is it not possible to advertise flights on a cost sharing basis to gain hours on a licence?

Only within a flying club of which you are a member.:8

sjeh
23rd Feb 2007, 14:25
From the Air Navigation Order (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP393.PDF), 160(3)(c):

(c) no information shall have been published or advertised prior to the
commencement of the flight other than, in the case of an aircraft operated by a flying club, advertising wholly within the premises of such a flying club in which case all the persons carried on such a flight who are aged 18 years or over shall be members of that flying club;

stevoneil
23rd Feb 2007, 14:40
so what about advertising a 1 hour free flight with a £100 picnic?

stevoneil
23rd Feb 2007, 14:57
oh that answers my question then. Luckily i have a great big family that I should be able to rota and bring the cost down that way.

vectis lady
23rd Feb 2007, 15:40
if you can only advertize for cost sharing flights within a flying club what about the "spare seats" thread ? i assume that if you put on there im going to so & so and have a spare seat you cant expect whoever comes along to split the cost. I was going to see if anyone from the isle of wight wanted to share but i can only ask within my flying club - is this correct?

S-Works
23rd Feb 2007, 15:44
No you can advertise spare seats anywhere you want. You cant advertise cost sharing outside of the club. I often have a spare and if someone wants to fill it FOC then they are welcome. After all everyone needs to experiance sheer terror at some stage.......... :p

englishal
23rd Feb 2007, 15:57
in the case of an aircraft operated by a flying club, advertising wholly within the premises of such a flying club
What if it is not operated by a flying club?
Does PPrune count as the "flying club" notice board? ;)