PDA

View Full Version : VB 737 drivers to 777, whats the company goss

drshmoo
22nd Feb 2007, 22:28
Whats the company goss with regard to flow through onto the 777? I makes VB a more attractive place to stay, rather than a stopover place, then leave after 3/4 years to go to CX or EK for DEFO to get ones widebody fix.

It would be a good long term solution to keep VB drivers if the right conditions are laid out.:ok:

Its is great to see there are a few widebody "choices" in Aust again. Lets just hope that the conditions aren't the ROT that J* int signed for. Nothin like some internal politics and rumblings to destroy unity whcich = management taking a chainsaw to the T&Cs:yuk:

Warped Wings
22nd Feb 2007, 22:52
There will be nothing to stop VB taking a chainsaw to T&C as it will be a separate company from VB. They will pay the price however for ongoing poor moral if they don't look after VB pilots and provide a path to (and from) longhaul.

So far the company line is that VB pilots "will have access to" the international flying. My guess this equals resign from VB to go to international.

They have a good opportunity to sort out the EBA and establish a sort after career path rather than a stepping stone - lets hope they don't blow it!!:suspect:

OPT/MAX
23rd Feb 2007, 01:20
I agree WW. I think the EBA is the priority at the moment because thats the only certainty. The international "carrot" may not eventuate. We need to focus on what is tangeble... Hold on to your hats :suspect: