PDA

View Full Version : Qatari threads?!!!!!

a330flyer
22nd Feb 2007, 13:36
The least I can say is that I'm very disappointed. We'll have to find other ways to alert people about this place (Doha, Qatar) in the future. We are already enough guys down here who made the mistake of leaving good employments and careers behind just to find out that it wasn't worth it at all. It's a noble task to encourage collegues to give preference to Emirates and Etihad!
All technical specifications taken into consideration, it's just overly "strange" that 4 QR threads disappeared at the same time! Pity this website has outlived its purpose.
All the best and "Ma salama"....
a330flyer

P.S. Still, it would be interesting to know how much A. B. paid for this...or what kind of threat he launched against pprune! Says a lot about this airline, doesn't it?

gnadirs
22nd Feb 2007, 14:26
Indeed.....once more the QR threads dissappeared....

Any Moderator likes to comment on this....

How much money did you guys take for this?
What was the threat?

:ugh:

runway in use
22nd Feb 2007, 14:40
Who knows, Maybe this website is run by him, who knows !!!!!:}

captin2pac
22nd Feb 2007, 14:50
Am I the only who doesn’t seem surprised by this? The whole country is run by Gestapo, not even a fool would miss it! They’re practically living a big lie :ok:

mutt
22nd Feb 2007, 15:11
Just remember that if the originator of a thread deletes the first message, then the whole thread will disappear.

Mutt

loc22550
22nd Feb 2007, 15:52
yes...it seems that the truth about qatar airways is not always nice to heard,so what.. its not our fault....
But at least this is just another evidence that this company is run by dangerous dictator...
Cheers.

ramiyns
22nd Feb 2007, 20:34
This makes me think,
How would we trust pprune anymore not disclosing our idendity?

A300Man-2005
23rd Feb 2007, 02:19
Gents, methinks PPrune does not bow to pressure from QR, nor from any party for that matter, regarding the deletion of threads.

The mods will obviously (voluntarily) get the scissors out if the thread posted breaks the rules of the forum, such as being potentially libelous and if persons are directly "named".

But in this case, the OP probably deleted his original post and hence all the following posts went with it!

Aren't you all being a bit overly suspicious? Just because the letters P(prune) and Q(ataria) are next to each other in the alphabet doesn't mean that they are involved in anything more sinister............

I guess working for a dictator tends to make oneself nervous though. Been there too................

4HolerPoler
23rd Feb 2007, 13:37
Guys thanks for your patience - there has been some interaction concerning certain threads regarding QR - all of the mods responsible for this forum are out slipping the surly bonds - I'm back on the brown stuff Saturday at which time I will review the threads which have been put on ice in the interim & then with the heav's approval, put them back on the air.

This site will not bow to pressure exerted from external sources but there are legal considerations which must be borne in mind - we're doing that now & I'll have the threads back to normal Saturday.

Regards

4HP

Qatari515
23rd Feb 2007, 14:26
Hi there 4 HP,

Although i (we) can surely understand any legal consequences inolved for a forum, could you explain the following:

1) where do we stand with freedom of speech

2) What could probably be held against Pprune in case no identity is revealed in a direct way

3) What legal threat could be formulated in an international court of law regarding these forums

4) In case legal action could be taken against PPrune, where do we stand regarding the safety of our identities?

This is a rumour forum.....I am pretty sure no courtcase would have a chance in case the company involved would sue Pprune, unless the court case would take place in Qatar in this case....

In the last option Pprune would not even be bottered unless pprune is based in Qatar, which I sincerely doubt.

Bit confused here....

a330flyer
23rd Feb 2007, 14:28
4 HP
I'm terribly sorry that I/we disturbed your vacation. Problem is, one sometimes really tends to overreact down here in the sandpit. Too much interference in private life is happening almost every day so I was really getting concerned about pprune bowing to certain pressure.
I haven't really made too many posts (yet), but should any of my posts require a smoother wording to make it legally correct, so be it...I'm happy to stick to the rules...there are a lot of different ways to get a message across. And if it will be required, I'll do it even without mentioning AAB ...;)
Enjoy the rest of your trip and sorry for the hassle.

P.S. the real problem was, that somebody had started a thread asking questions about the disappearance of the QR threads...and even that new thread had immediately disappeared again...

popay
23rd Feb 2007, 19:34
Guys if you're worried too much about confidentiality just use the anonymous applications like JAP or gust surfer visit the CP office for a quick posting.:D
Anyway 4Hp have a nice vacation.

On Final
24th Feb 2007, 10:58
I was considering flying in the middle east and looked at Qatar Airways but heard it is not the greatest place to work. Mainly because of the way crews are treated and you can be whacked at any time. I don't know how true it is or if things have changed comments????:confused:

PIPE RIDER
24th Feb 2007, 13:55
Oh, it is very easy things will change;

1- change the general manager (I did not put CEO to be legal, :) )

2- they start hiring qualified people in the middle management (HR,commercial, Welfare etc....)not the guy who has lasted enough to be there, and is from south of the himalayas

So I see you are a smart guy not coming to the only place in the world they shutdown an Starbucks cafe for health reasons, (city centre).....:eek: .

mutt
24th Feb 2007, 14:55
On Final,

This thread is dealing with the issue of disappearing Qatar Airways threads. I suggest you wait to see the outcome of this before asking your question.

Mutt

On Final
27th Feb 2007, 09:56
I remember reading very detailed threads here that spoke about many undesirable issues at Qatar Airways but I was unable to find them with a search. Certainly we can have discussions that don't details individuals names on this forum.

I understand as a member my rights are limited to the rules of this forum and I respect those that have to run the liability.

In general, I heard Qatar Airways was not a pleasant place to work where people were.

1. Controlled at the compound
2. Fired at the drop of a hat without good cause
3. Unable to talk to the cabin team or mingle on lay overs etc.
4. Locked in the country if you owe money

I hope I haven't crossed the line but these are the things I read about Qatar Airways on this forum. BTW, those post appear to be missing????:ugh:

4HolerPoler
27th Feb 2007, 11:21
The offending threads are locked in a forum to which I do not have access. I have made an offer to the management of this site to troll through these threads & clean them up to a level where they do not constitute a direct personal attack on the CEO of QR. To date my offer has not been responded to.

I give you this assurance. If we do resurrect these threads (which are full of good gen) or we start them anew, I will obviously not be able to allow personal, spiteful attacks on the CEO or senior management of this company. But I will very much allow the airing of practices and procedures which border on medieval which these people then try and cover up with modern day legal recourses.

I have no personal agenda against either him or his management but you (yes you Mr. A) cannot expect to employ draconian measures which would never be allowed or tolerated in the Western World and then not be criticized on an open forum such as this one.

Nuff said.

4HP

gnadirs
27th Feb 2007, 16:26
It seems like we managed to ruffle some feathers gents....

AAAaaaaahhhh.....the mere satisfaction this knowledge gives.....

knotaloud
28th Feb 2007, 16:36
Yes gnadirs, great satisfaction. And VERY nicely stated Mr 4 Holer. The draconian practices and spy tactics used at this airline are what is keeping good people away and forcing those who can leave, to leave.

This could be a great airline and a nice place to work. "Could" is the operative word!

As they say Mr A, "If the cap fits, wear it."

Chowdhury
2nd Mar 2007, 22:05
farcry,

Doubtfully will neither AAB nor SK reply to this thread, or any other threads for that matter.

Chowdhury

Chowdhury
3rd Mar 2007, 21:34
They might read this forum but I doubt very much they would reply to anything!

Long gone QR!

Chowdhury

homesick rae
4th Mar 2007, 07:17
Well, Tweedledee and Tweedledum have done it again....

They have only asked one of their most loyal, dependable and longest serving CSDs to resign!!?? Oh, she's too old at 49!! No offer of an office job...nothing. Surely her knowledge and expertise would be worth utilising in the training department or something? Ah, but this is QR and it happens all the time eh?

:mad:

HR

JABAL
4th Mar 2007, 10:08
Its amazing how fast everyone Jumps on the Band Wagon as soon as any thread posted in this forum without any Facts OR Merit to back up their stories:ugh: YES we are all aware of how QR is treating its employees and they are no different to a few Airlines Far East or West of this Region!!!! However, Its given thousands of their employees opportunities to feed and care for their dependents back home who aren't fortunate enough to have a desent job back home!!!QR OWES NO ONE A LEAVING:= !! so if you don't except the Conditions DON'T sign on the dotted line, find a place & Condition that's suitabte to you!!
If things are Rosy back in the motherland so stay Put!! and give others the opportunity to move here and make a leaving.

homesick rae
4th Mar 2007, 10:38
JABAL,

Not sure if your post is generic or directed at my post. Regardless, my post is factual.

Yes, you are right that everyone has a choice to stay put or move to somewhere like Doha and QR. However, QR owes its employees one basic thing which is simply a touch of humanity.

Nobody's on any wagon here and I am certainly not trying to cause a slanging match but you seem to be the one ranting and raving.

Yeah and we all know nothing will change at QR whatever any of us say.

Cheers

HR

JABAL
4th Mar 2007, 12:57
I ain't Raniting and Raving, This is Reality my dear son!!
Aviation Industry is run by Accountant's, investors want healthy returns regardless of how wealthy their establishment is!!!!
If you'r looking for humanity,than call Kofi Annan at the United Nation.
Who ever is at the Helm, has one stick in one hand and a carrot in the other, otherwise you will running a flying club. :cool:

cheers to you too

loc22550
4th Mar 2007, 16:37
That´s the problem, Jabal as you mention, Q.A. is feeding thousands of people, who wouldn´t be able to have a decent job back home, they known it ...and they abuse of this situation!!(expecially for cabin crew).
You think Q.A. is making Charity by hiring those poor people...:= := no way, but they known the theory of fear(wich is the one applicable here) is only working on those kind of people.:bored:
Interesting a few weeks ago i was ckecking both web site of Etihad and Q.A., where Etihad is organising a world wide cabin crew recruitment (europe,america,asia;africa,australia), Q.A is only recruiting(as usual) in asia and africa.
Why..the answer is obvious.

a330flyer
4th Mar 2007, 20:14
JABAL...respecting your views, I don't really get your last post.
Anyway:
Problem is...
they change some very important game rules AFTER you signed on the dotted line...:sad:

and they sometimes don't even bother to stick to the content of the paper with the dotted line (called a contract)...not because of money issues, no that's too basic;
it's all about ruling people; scare as many employees as you possibly can! :ugh:
If they were honest about these things in the paper with the dotted line...lots of signatures wouldn't be there!

Chowdhury
5th Mar 2007, 00:19
Management by fear (or should I say horror?)... I agree with Homesick that QR owes their staff humanity, if only just a small share.

It's very easy for some people to say to go home if you don't like the game, but it isn't that easy for everyone to pack their bag and go home!

Latest is that a Japanese cabin crew was fired because she took a private taxi to the office. The company required her to pay off her bond before leaving. She went to the embassy and delegates payed QR a visit, saying it's against international labour law and if they would still force her to pay, they could forget about KIX-flights.

Also heard there is a special contract for certain nationalities. 8 000 QAR if you resign in the first year. No clubbing and you have to be home by midnight!

Chowdhury

On Final
6th Mar 2007, 12:57
After reading many posts here and on other sites Qatar has issues. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck..!

Many people have complained over the years which means there is a problem. Sure there is always 2 sides of the story but I would definately use caution before taking a job there.

For me, it's enough data to say forget it..!:ouch: :ouch:

expatula
6th Mar 2007, 13:51
So many things have been said about this Qatar airlines. And if all the posts here and the sentiments would be used as a basis for judging this outfit, it would appear that this airline is rotten to the core.

Management by fear, unfair labor practices, unhappy and underpaid employees, poor living conditions, bad rostering - these are the things, undesirable as they may seem, that are mostly said about Qatar. Looking from outside, Qatar seems to be a perfect airline. But if you examine it closely, and judging from the way the people inside feel, Qatar looks like a modern hell where management people dance like devils while the others languish in pain and agony.

But my question is - WHY? What is the rationale of luring people and hiring them only to be treated badly? Is this some kind of a 21st century slavery?

Has anyone cared, especially those inside, to ask these questions? Why do you allow this to happen to you?

Goldstone
6th Mar 2007, 14:27
Well said, The Big Why. A spot-on post.

I know many people with exactly the same questions. QR is basically a very good airline with massive prospects for the future (even if the country/city it's based in isn't everyone's cup of tea). But why oh why does the airline have to treat its staff so badly ... and not just flying staff ... the same applies to office based staff around the network. No compassion, no interest in staff welfare, no motivation, no listening, etc. etc.

Just imagine how good the airline could be and what a great place to work (except having to be based in Doha!) if it developed some reasonable HR policies.

The poison dwarf seems to be completely blind to all this and continues to run the company like a fiefdom (sp?).

Best advice I heard about whether or not to join QR:

Never under any circumstances give up a job (even a half decent one) to join QR. If you don't have a job and therefore have nothing to lose by all means give it a go.

Incidentally, I wonder how Biffa (ex BA sales) is getting on. Can't see him and the Chief working in the same building for more than a few months.

loc22550
6th Mar 2007, 14:30
EXpATULA...well not that much we can do here: the rule here is : "take it or leave it...." (in other word,the management doesn´t give a s.... if the crews are happy or not):ugh: ..result is...people are leaving...that´s it.
I think the first victim of this is....the company itself!!:ugh:

Chowdhury
8th Mar 2007, 18:59
QR would be fantastic to work for if they got rid of certain people and implemented decent managers! I would be more than happy to join them again if this happened!

Seeing this has been going on for around ten years I doubt very much any change will occur any time soon, particulary under its present leadership.
And yes, most people suffer and not only flight and cabin crew, althought the last category probably suffers severliest.

Expatula, as for asking why is probably not something that is appropiate to do, especially if you wish to keep your job. "Our way or the highway" is their staff policy.

Chowdhury

chrislikesblue
11th Mar 2007, 09:53
Anyone has the contact number of the HR?I need to ask them a few questions.

popay
11th Mar 2007, 14:13
chrislikesblue, call 999 they patch you through. Just kidding man. Just have a look at the web site under contacts.:\