PDA

View Full Version : Namibia DE-what a mission

vrystaat!
22nd Feb 2007, 07:18
Looking for n D.E. with a South African and Namibia license to do renewals in March month. I have been in informed about Robby Robertson and Peter Nutt and also Captain Alios. But they are all busy in March. ANY BODY KNOW ABOUT ANOTHER D.E.??

AC690
24th Feb 2007, 08:50
Try Mark Waberski,chief pilot at Saphire air based at FAGC.I know he often goes to Namibia to do renewals.I use him for my renewals!

redskyventures
4th Mar 2007, 12:39
I came on to gripe – but saw someone had already.

Note I don't normally post so forgive me if this one is a bit incorrect or inettical in any way - I am quite upset!:*

I saw the post about lack of Namibian DE's, and I must ask why does Mr tinnus dreyer obviously not think so.

I was trying to complete my Grade 1 when Mr dreyer decided to put a stop to it. Just before my panel interview he decided to report me to DCA for conducting illegal training. Something by the way that I did not do, not that Mr dreyer would know much about what is legal and not legal, flying a citation illegally and conducting barrel rolls low level in a C210.

(Note - Good bye Grade 1 till the issue is resolved, perhaps indefinately.)

Anyone feel like blowing up his car?

Seriously someone tell me, we obviously have a need for grade one instructors, does anyone out there think I am unsuitable? Tell me now, if thought I would end up like the other grade one out there (like name like nature) I would definitely put a stop to it now, give it all up and and go on happily with my airline career, without having ever to worrying about the consequences of passing or failing a student.
Danielle

redskyventures
4th Mar 2007, 12:41
BTW mark is apparantly very good - did you come right?

Voel
6th Mar 2007, 18:39
Hi RSV, I heard that your chief pilot (also Namibian DE) will also be gone by end of March this year. Any truth in this rumour?

redskyventures
8th Mar 2007, 17:18
Apparently yes, some time in the near future.
But apparently also now all the grade II's barring me as I am under investigation thanks to Tinnus, have been given Examiner status.

Tell me what sort of license will we have here if we suddenly decide t drop the requirements?

vrystaat!
9th Mar 2007, 09:47
:ugh: At least somebody also relized that the standard WILL drop bigtime due to the fact that a grade II can do a comm renewal (nothing againts grade II's) but take the average C210 pilot..about 75%(including me) are already pussing the limit with lowflying between the tree's and going to Epupa with 5 pax and taking off 3:00 in the afternune on the stallwarning and 2 notch of flaps... my point is:droping the standard what would happen in 2 years? Cause MOST comm pilot will do their renewals with a grade II to safe money and the :mad: to get hold of a grade I.

joshua express
9th Mar 2007, 12:47
RSV,
you make quite few serious allegations, perhaps be totally sure of your case before you start mentioning names...
Don't think that anyone is not aware of the situation (except perhaps the DCA:} ) and this is a rumour network... however the rumour that all Gr 2s are now DEs is new ?
The Standard problem is probably not just a function of how many Gr 1s are available (or not) but more of the general gung ho attitude prevailing at Eros and swakop as well as operators pushing the limits.
More Gr1s will not solve those issues, perhaps the problems lies in the companies cultures as well as the type of individual that is now able (financially) to do CPLs. Then there are those flying schools that turn out students at all costs never mind the standard... (and i am not referring to WFTC !)
Perhaps making the work permit for SA DE'S for the DCA will alleviate the bottleneck in the short run ?

joshua express
9th Mar 2007, 12:49
RSV,
you make quite few serious allegations, perhaps be totally sure of your case before you start mentioning names...
Don't think that anyone is not aware of the situation (except perhaps the DCA:} ) and this is a rumour network... however the rumour that all Gr 2s are now DEs is new ?
The problem of standards is probably not just a function of how many Gr 1s are available (or not) but more of the general gung ho attitude prevailing at Eros and swakop as well as operators pushing the limits.
More Gr1s will not solve those issues, perhaps the problems are in the companies cultures as well as the type of individual that is now able (financially) to do CPLs. Then there are those flying schools that turn out students at all costs never mind the standard... (and i am not referring to WFTC !)
Perhaps making the work permit for SA DE'S for the DCA will alleviate the bottleneck in the short run ?

redskyventures
13th Mar 2007, 19:25
Hi Vrystaat - I guess you got your Nam CPL, and I fully agree with you comment - ye- it's bad enough flying here without the worry of the standard dropping, I am trying to work with some of the Swakop companies on improving the route check and training-but this may be a while and is only some.
For Joshua Express, I have very confirmed allegations about WFTC's accountable manager, from the man himself, so wouldn't worry there, but then again if he can lie to DCA he can lie to a court of law.
As for SA DE's I would welcome it, and it is something which apparently Capt Jonach (again by the man himself) was suggested as a solution.
Further to the grade II it is only certain GII's and I have all the details, it will only be conducted acording to the NAMCAR's, and according to the rating and license held, it is not quite as bad as initially reported. It is a process the DE situation in the NAMCAR's allows for- but only in certain conditions.
The privilleges are not instated until the process has been completed, however I do sincerely hope some kind of standardisation initiative is included, and in this sense I think-or hope Nam DCA is sometimes more ahead than SA - but perhaps someone out there can enlighten me.

bivo
13th Mar 2007, 19:38
:ugh: What is this namibian license these days - a "bond license", that is a license to kill. :ok:
Makansa is not that stupid (I hope).

redskyventures
13th Mar 2007, 19:55
Hi Joshua Ex -
forgot again to comment on the whole gung-ho issue. I mean after all I have just completed a really unenjoyable thesis on standardisation - but it did identify that flight testing is only part of the answer, there are some really big issues to tackle but I dont know any simple answer. After all FAA still struggles with these - love to hear more thoughts.

redskyventures
14th Mar 2007, 21:21
Further to the grade II's, apparently DCA has no intention of breaking or issuing dispensation of NAMCAR's, so the provisions for the new issue of privilleges to GII's are to be in compliance with the present regulations.
This in mind I reviewed a few things in the NAMCAR's, and discovered a problem with the license renewal process. Grade II instructors may issue type ratings only for use under a private license, this brings problems to the present situation of CPL VFR renewals, I myself will refrain from doing this until these issues have been sorted out. There is a clause that allows issue of temporary type ratings - this may be a loophole, one that I will, unlike the apparent feeling of DCA, not challenge - rather support, provided said DE's have proper standardisation processes and therefore the license is not degraded.
Hoping the new process will alleviate the shortage of examiners and help the process of CPL VFR and IFR renewals and validations, but I fear the law needs clarification.

redskyventures
14th Mar 2007, 21:47
Further to the grade II's, apparently DCA has no intention of breaking or issuing dispensation of NAMCAR's, so the provisions for the new issue of privilleges to GII's are to be in compliance with the present regulations.
This in mind I reviewed a few things in the NAMCAR's, and discovered a problem with the license renewal process. Grade II instructors may issue type ratings only for use under a private license, this brings problems to the present situation of CPL VFR renewals, I myself will refrain from doing this until these issues have been sorted out. There is a clause that allows issue of temporary type ratings - this may be a loophole, one that I will, unlike the apparent feeling of DCA, not challenge - rather support, provided said DE's have proper standardisation processes and therefore the license is not degraded.
Hoping the new process will alleviate the shortage of examiners and help the process of CPL VFR and IFR renewals and validations, but I fear the law needs clarification.

Staalburger
15th Mar 2007, 08:33
Valk,is dit jy wat hier op Pprune rondvlieg?Kan jy nie die nodige dokumente laat email of faks vanuit WHK en dan een van die DE's vra om jou hier in SA te toets nie,of moet dit 'n V5 geregistreerde vliegtuig wees?
As dit jy is wat gepost het hoop ek jy kom reg.

Sterkte met julle rugbyspan!:)

redskyventures
15th Mar 2007, 17:51
:confused: Only saw it now - but more curious on the rumour of which flight school is considered substandard ("excluding WFTC"?). As far as I know there are 5 flight schools in Nam - Nata who have a difficult task at hand really, Westair, Mr Nutt who has bought the old bayair license but not yet operating as far as I know, and Swakopmund. Can I have some more hints on what is substandard?

Voel
16th Mar 2007, 08:41
I guess the standard of training is irrelevant. What matters here if that "pilot" passes his/her test. I know for a fact that students at NATA are only tested by highly respected DE's, and as far as I know, those who did not meet the standard, did not get their licence.

RSV, how was your meeting yesterday with the DCA?

redskyventures
11th May 2007, 12:11
Hi Voel,
sorry for the delay in posting a reply,
Believe it or not I completed a Grade 1 thesis on training and testing standards, albeit not a very good one, but it is there. It would be appreciated if you could attend the hearing if it ever comes to pass.
My response based on that background is No - definitely not.
Passing the test, as you should well know is a formality, if the right training is not there despite passing a test the pilot may not be fit to fly. Someone can demonstrate an acceptable level of flying on the day of the test, however this is purely a snapshot, and not a foolproof method of ensuring a pilot is of an acceptable level. Nata does use professional DE's for their test, however we have had good pilots pass the test with respectable DE's and once taken on by a charter company they were required to undergo extensive retraining.
The answer to standards in flight training and testing is not an easy one - hence the comment about the thesis, however it is definately more than just passing a difficult test!
This is the reason there are such strict controls put on course content and flight school auditing by DCA.
Note this likewise should be applied to ATC training.
The meeting went fine, can't recall which one it was, however according to my sources I have been given the all clear by the industry, just finalising the paperwork.
To that note since no one stood up and said you are a big p:mad: s and quit now while you are ahead, I am proceeding with the Grade 1 in SA and will proceed with the Namibian presentation when I have some time.

My apologies for breaking etiquette with the name in the previous post, I thought it was important.