PDA

View Full Version : questions on the 1 year application ban

lawyerinthesky
21st Feb 2007, 20:46
hi all,

The reasons for an application ban after a failed attempt at the CPP are obvious, and i suppose a 1 year limit is a reasonable amount of time. However, why is it the case that the ban starts from the date of your rejection, and not from the date of your application?

In my case, I applied from overseas back in Feb. 2006, arrived back in HK in June and eventually got rejected in August. This means that instead of applying again in Feb. 2007, I now have to wait until August 2007 which is another 6 months. This is no doubt a huge waste of time and I really don't see the point in waiting that much longer until applying again since the date between future and past application will be over 1.5 years.

Does anyone know the rationale behind this because I really can't think of why. Thanks for your help.

energie
21st Feb 2007, 21:54
probably not much rationale other than picking a suitable duration
but if i were to reason with it:
Assuming that you applied in feb06, and got rejected in aug06. This means that the CX HR folks didn't get to evaluate you until aug06. I assume that they want to some time for failed applicants to evolve and improve. Also please note that the duration each applicant experience during the process is different.

If they started counting at the application date, then you will only have 1/2 year to improve. get my drift?
but, i'm probably spending way too much time on this :bored:
take it easy, and good luck
E

SNS3Guppy
22nd Feb 2007, 11:34
The reasons for an application ban after a failed attempt at the CPP are obvious,

Apparently they're not that obvious to you. As an applicant, you've just been rejected. Of course the waiting period begins when you've been rejected...they're kindly giving you a second chance, after a year wait...but a year wait after you were rejected. why would they start the year wait before you were ever rejected?

You have a year to prepare yourself and try again. The company isn't obligated to accept you for consideration again. The company is kind enough to give you a clean slate after an appropriate period of time, which has been deemed to be one year. Therefore, after you have been deemed unacceptable (you might well be very acceptable, but better qualified people might have been interviewed around you...you never know), you're given a year to better prepare yourself for the next time. That the company allows re-application after having examined and rejected an applicant, is a kindness on their part. Be grateful.

authority
22nd Feb 2007, 12:17
i think CX hasn't done anything wrong, they pledge to give you a result within 8 weeks and a rejection in August for an interview in June is fair.

The root reason is you were overseas that you have to be arranged to interview in June.

It's normal for someone who has experienced failure to look for sth to release their emotion (in psy term = displacement). But the first point in the look into the emotion of his/her own, then find out the underlying belief causing such emotion and exam whether it's rational or not. Frankly, most of the time, the belief is irrational...

404 Titan
22nd Feb 2007, 14:03
lawyerinthesky

Another reason that has been overlooked is if the initial interview was more than one year since your application, you wouldn’t have to wait at all before putting in you second application. That doesn’t make sense does it?