PDA

View Full Version : Drug use among Cathay Pacific pilots

Richard Wong
21st Feb 2007, 14:28
Since the Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department does not have required drug testings while employed or pre-employment drug screening. Guys are free to use drugs if desired. :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

So my question is, how high is the number of people abusing drug in Cathay Pacific?

I personally know of a couple who use drug on regular basis. (marijuana, extasy, etc etc.)

Talk amongst yourselves. :D :D :D :D

V2+ A Little
21st Feb 2007, 14:46
Well if you know a couple, you should report them, rather than post s:mad: t on pprune!

Richard Wong
21st Feb 2007, 14:57
I don't like to stab other pilots in the back like some of our "brothers" in Cathay Pacific.

cpdude
21st Feb 2007, 15:00
RW,

You have crossed the line buddy! If indeed you know of anyone using you had better report them or I will report you if I ever find out who you are!

I hope the police and lawyers are searching you out as we speak!:mad:

pakeha-boy
21st Feb 2007, 16:28
cpdude....

.....yeah mate,more than strange indeed.....:confused:

.......for someone to post and know of this activity just to stir the pot,shows blatant disregard and piss-poor judgement.....:(

....if you catch him and "need a hand",please do not hesitate to call....PB

BORN4THESKYS
21st Feb 2007, 16:42
Richard

Are you for real? I certainly would not want to work with or be flown by someone who was a consistent drug user of the drugs you have described. I don't think its a matter of purely stabbing someone in the back, but taking some form of social responsibility, and thinking of the welfare of the men, women, and children who will be flown by these people! Repetitive drug use, and alcohol abuse will only lead to problems down the line somewhere or other, you only have to look at other ex pilots who have ruined careers, and breached safety regulations because of these very things. :=

V2+ A Little
21st Feb 2007, 17:14
Personally I don't think there is any truth to what this :mad: posted. Not sure what his motive for posting this would be. Reporting a pilot for drug use would not be stabing them in the back.

DirectAnywhere
21st Feb 2007, 18:52
If the papers get a hold of this thread I can see the headline in the "South China Post" now...

"It has been alleged that drug use in Cathay Pacific is rampant with unconfirmed reports that large numbers of pilots take recreational drugs on an ongoing, regular basis"

As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.

Richard Wong, A/TLess and TryHard (who is now PNG, fortunately) you guys really need to get out more....

This thread is disgusting behaviour as you've defamed the names of all of your colleagues with your spurious, unfounded and baseless allegations.

I would suggest the mods will very shortly delete this thread and ban you as it is defamatory and probably leaves PPRuNe open to legal action as a consequence. See ya!!

Jetdriver
21st Feb 2007, 19:46
This thread has been reported by more than one person. It has been monitored. The author asks a question which might invite a response. The answer might well be Zero ! The author purports to know "a couple" who use drug (sic) on a regular basis. This might be a couple of people in a park, a drug rehabilitation center, a couple of chimpanzees for all anyone actually knows ? It is not clear.

However the author also invites others to "talk amongst yourselves", which is contrary to the purpose of asking a question in the first place. Is presumably of little genuine interest to the author, and is therefore perfect grounds for bringing out the padlock.