PDA

View Full Version : multiflight lba

matjr79
21st Feb 2007, 10:19
Enquired into PPL at multiflight leeds and seem like a above average flight school but dont know anything about the robin HR 200 aircraft used for training. Has anyone ever used this school and this aircraft??

Cessna 210 Heavy
21st Feb 2007, 10:28
I have never been to the flying school at multiflight but I have been there with the King Air a few times.

They are very nice and seem a very professional outfit. I am sure they will be great.

Delta Wun-Wun
21st Feb 2007, 10:29
Worked there as an Instructor a couple of years ago. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The Robin is a very nice stable platform to learn on. Visibility is excellent and no nasty vices. School was good when I was there, think most of the Instructors have moved on who were there when I was as happens at most schools. Go along and have a look it comes down to personal choice at the end of the day.:ok:

Expat Flyer
22nd Feb 2007, 15:03
Hey,

I have also checked out Multiflight a few times. I agree that they seem very good/professional and have a good selection of aircraft from which to choose. Training at Leeds/Bradford would also give great experience in terms of operating from a pretty busy international airport. The down side to Leeds Bradford seems to be the high fees - make sure you factor these costs into training. (although as far as I remember Multiflight use a nearby airfield for circuits). *please correct me if I am wrong on this*

I did the first 10 hours or so of my PPL at Blackpool and found the occasionally heavy amounts of traffic a great experience builder. Having 737s, a large amount of helos, King Airs, the occasional bizjet, and microlights around as well as all the usual GA really built up my lookout and radio skills in a very short time (calling late downwind, managing checks and busy radios etc.) From what I have heard you would also get a lot of cross wind landing experience at Leeds... So Leeds Bradford is certainly an attractive base from those points of view. However, I made up my mind to use another FTO about 40 mins east of Leeds due to the fees issue (flying circuits cost me a lot of £££s at Blackpool @ £6 per landing and LBA is £12 per landing for a PA28 - although as I said I think Multiflight do circuits somewhere nearby and I don't know the details of how much this is per landing).

I'll possibly go back to Multiflight at a later date for CPL/IR if I decide to head that way.

PM if you need more info.

EF.

BTW - has anyone done the CPL/IR either piece by piece or as a modular package with Multiflight?

christimson
22nd Feb 2007, 16:28
What about Sherburn? It's quite close to LBA but much cheaper to learn there.

Creep Feed Grinder
22nd Feb 2007, 17:03
I did my PPL with them and used the Robin. Still fly it now. If you are over 6’ or like pork pies choose something else. It’s not a big aeroplane!! Book a trial lesson and talk to them.

I can confirm that they do use other airports / fields for circuits but it’s a fabulous experience and big confidence builder circuit bashing at LBA, putting the expense aside.

Their standards are high, there is always something going on and the staff and other students are easy to talk to. If you have any desire, in the future to go commercial train with them.

PM me if you like
CFG

Expat Flyer
22nd Feb 2007, 17:57
Sherburn is what I was hinting at ... should have just said it out loud.

EF.

christimson
22nd Feb 2007, 20:40
Sorry, I was stating the obvious there - ooops :ugh: